Chapter 39

Tumalikod na ako pero kaagad ko ring naramdaman ang presensya niya sa likod ko. Hindi ko siya pinansin at inabangan ang pagbaba ng elevator, pinagdarasal na sana walang makakita sa amin ngayon dito.

This is for sure his exclusive office and that is why the employees were shocked that this was my destination. But how is Luca here? I thought he would be in Mom’s office.

Ilang segundo pa ang nakalipas at tuluyan akong nakahinga ng maluwag ng makitang walang laman ang elevator. I got in and he quickly followed too without saying anything but I could feel his eyes lingering on me.

I tried calming myself but I can't help but be disappointed. Parang mas gusto ko na lang ata na makilala niya si Simeon kaysa naman sa makita niya ang Tatay niya. Both are stressful but I'd rather be stress on the first one.

Bumukas ang elevator sa parking lot at inunahan ko na siya sa paglabas. I walked towards my car and I could still feel his presence on my back which caused me so much irritation.

Kung wala lang si Luca ngayon dito ay kokompronta na ako...pero ngayon ay kailangan kong magtimpi.

Huminto ako sa gilid ng kotse ko at inunlock ito. I opened the back seat and laid down Luca carefully and made sure that he was comfortable. I closed the door and walked towards the driver's seat when he made his first move and grabbed the handle of the door, preventing me from opening it.

Kaagad akong napaharap, kunot ang noo habang matalim ang tingin sa kanya.

"What?" I asked casually, not wanting to make any scene in the parking lot.

Kitang-kita ko ang unti-unting pamumuo ng inis at galit sa kanyang tingin.

But I won't back down if that's what he thinks.

I crossed my arms and gave him my full attention habang umayos naman siya ng tayo.

"We need to talk." May diin sa boses nito.

I bit the insides of my mouth and looked at him critically. "What do you want to talk about?"

He shook his head disappointedly at my question. "You think that this is not a big deal, huh?"

I shrugged my shoulder’s off and tried to look at him calmly which made him more furious.

"You fucking lied to me years ago...and you are here acting like I am the damn bad person in here!"

Hindi ako nagpakita ng reaksyon. "Believe whatever you want, I don't even care."

Well, it was partly true...may kasalanan ako noon sa kanya. Everything was planned…I needed to break up with him…I was expecting that he wouldn't be hurt…afterall he treated me like nothing after what happened.

But I was the one who got broken at the end, for the exchange of my Mom's signature. It was for Brianna.

And I fell in love with him out of all of it. I became a victim of my own doings. Pero ni minsan ay hindi ako nakaramdam ng pagsisisi. Luca is with me now…and he is my everything.

"You played so well with my emotions! Was the money enough for you?!" His voice, full of hatred and anger.

My brows furrowed with his accusations. Walang ganun na usapan sa pagitan namin ni Mama. And yes, recognizing Brianna as her legitimate child will surely give her fortune but I won't be benefited by it. I just want Brianna to be secured...kung sakaling mawawala rin ako dahil sa klase ng trabahong meron ko.

I was scared for my life but I was more scared for my sister. Ayoko siyang iwanan ng walang-wala. She was just a child and she needs family to support her, hindi ko siya pwedeng pabayaan.