Chapter 21

Sjin P.O.V

I awoke to find Layla gone.

Her belongings were gone and her bag had vanished.

I bolted upright and heard the sound of a piece of paper being crumpled up.

I looked down at Layla's side of the bed where a brown paper bag and a small piece of paper sat. I reached over and picked it up. Reading the note;

'Paul

I'm sorry it had to be this way.
But I couldn't live with the guilt of making you and Ross fight, so I decided to leave. Please don't look for me. I've only gone back to the UK.

I'll love you forever.
Layla ♡♡'

I jumped out of bed and called out for her. "Layla! Layla! Please!" I call desperately. Hoping, praying for a response.

But I got nothing.

I felt a wave of both devastation and anger rush over me.

Devastated because Layla was gone.

And angry that she actually just got up and left.

How could she do this?!

I fell to my knees clutching the note. Tears spilled over and trailed down my cheeks.

She left me.

And I might not see her again. I looked over at the small brown paper bag and picked it up. Opening it carefully.

Inside was a small white box tied with red ribbon. I pulled it out and wiped my tears.

I pulled at the bow till it came lose then I threaded the ribbon off the box. I slipped the lid off and pulled out the gift inside.

More tears threatened to fall as I looked at the gift. It was a small heart frame. With a picture of me and her on her first day at Yogtowers.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. I got up and opened it. Hoping with all my heart that it was Layla. But my heart fell and so did more tears as I saw Kim and Duncan standing there.

Kim looked instantly concerned as i broke down in front of them.

Why?! Why did she leave!?

Layla P.O.V

My Grandad promised to go pick James up along with most of my belongings. I would move my other stuff if I decide to move.

I grabbed a Taxi as soon as I left the airport. And I just sat starring at the rain drops as they trickled down the window, half listening to the taxi man's constant talking.

I paid the man as he pulled up outside my grandparents large country house. My grandparents lived on a farm with my and James' horses. Lucy and Skyla.

Skyla was my horse. A beautiful black horse with a white muzzle and white stockings.

Lucy was James' horse. And he loved her more then anything. They were the same age and he used to always be by her side.

I walked up to the large oak doors and press the door bell. Letting it ring as I hear my grandmother shuffle over to the door.

She opens it and her face lightens as she embrassed me. "Oh my darling. Come in come in." She said bringing me inside.

I love my grandparents. They would spoil me no matter what my age.

After she had welcomed me by feeding me full of cakes and biscuits and tea she told me to go upstairs and rest.

So I did.

I trudged upstairs and flopped onto my double bed and curled up. Wrapping myself in my quilt. Thinking of all my friends.
And Sjin.

Tears splat onto my bed sheet as i drift of into a deep sleep.