Chapter 22

Layla P.O.V

It had been almost a week since i had arrived at my grandparents. So Paul and the rest of the Yogs had to have gone home by now.

I've been getting emails and tweets and texts galore from them. Asking where i was.

I didn't want to hurt them more so I barely replied. I only replied to Kim twice. Saying that I was okay and safe at my grandparents. Telling her not to worry since James arrived a day after I did.

"Layla?" My grandad said as he knocked on the door. I curled up a little more on my bed. "Yeah?" I whisper in response.

"Come on deary. It's been a week. James is really worried about you." He said sitting at the foot of my bed. I sit up and sigh. "Sorry Grandad. I just..... I made a really big mistake." I tell him.

He smiles. "I know Layla. And what have I told you? Since you were a little girl?" He asks. I glance at him. "That you learn from your mistakes." I mutter.

"That's my girl. Do you remember when you first fell off Skyla and you were to scared to ride her again? I told you that falling off was one small bump in the road and you had to try again to over come it. And you did. Learning from mistakes and mishaps help you. You know that especially." He says pulling me into a hug.

"Your parents would be so proud of you." He tells me. I smile. "Thanks Grandad." I whisper.

"It's okay love. Come on, James is cleaning out the stables and I can't take him horse riding like I used to." The grey haired man smiled as he stood up. "Get dressed and go find him. It's still early." He says before leaving.

I sigh and look at the clock. 14:46. Yup. Still early. Very early.

I slipped on some clothes and I went out to find James. I spot him typing on his phone. Probably texting a friend.

"James!" I call. He looks up at me and hurriedly finds his phone before beaming at me. "Layla! You coming horse riding?" He asks. I nod and stop next to him. "Of course. Aside from gaming. This is my favourite thing." I smile.

☆°~○☆°~○☆°~○☆°~○☆°~○☆°~○☆°~○☆°

I lead James down an old trail mum once showed me. She told me it's where she met my dad for the first time. Although both their families were born in Ireland my mum moved with my grandparents when she was 17. She had gone horse riding and found the hidden path.

At that point my dad was visiting his friend and they had gone out to walk their dog. But the dog got lose so they split up to look for the dog. And whilst searching he stumbled across the path and found my mum.

"Layla where are we going?" James asked looking around at the fields as Lucy kept up with Skyla. "Somewhere special." I reply.

I smile as the willow tree came into view. "There." I say as Skyla stops before the curtain of leaves. "What's this place?" James asks. "Where mum and dad first met." I tell him. I slide off Skyla and James slips of Lucy.

"I'll tie them up." He offers pointing at a thick branch. I nod and hand him the reins before going and standing by the bank of the small river.

James P.O.V

James: it's the big farm house with the two silver cars outside. You can't miss it. It has a huge pink blossom tree at the front and ivy growing all over it.

I sent the message as I heard my name being called.

I look up at my sister as she walks over. I quickly shove my phone in my pocket and smile.

She probably never trust me again if she knew what I was doing.

**********************************

I sigh and tie up the two horses to the tree. Suddenly my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and see who messaged me. I quickly glance to Layla before reading.

Unknown number: thanks James. I'll be there soon.

I put my phone in my pocket and walk over to Layla who was busy skimming stones.

"I've missed this." She tells me. I smile. "Me to. We've had so many memories here." I tell her. She nods. "Yeh. Like when the cows got lose and we spent two hours chasing just one." She giggles.

I laugh. "Or when that sky diver landed in the horses field and they freaked out and tried flatten him. You had to run in there and save him."

She laughs. "That's the day we found out that Skyla and Lucy don't like other people." She says. I nod. "Makes you feel kinda special, don't it?" I ask. She nods.

Layla P.O.V

We sat for ages till Grandma called me telling us dinner was on the table. But before we left I noticed James was on his phone again.

He's on his phone a lot more often at the moment. I wonder why.....