Chapter 5

"First Day"

Lisa's POV

The first day was always the most calm, only presentations and meetings. Mr. Wang, who used to be the director, was leaving too quickly, not giving me enough time to see how everything was going. Earlier today he introduced me to the woman who would help me with this hard task. Jennie Kim. Despite her evident nervousness, she seemed to be someone competent and hardworking; from Mr. Wang's recommendations, Jennie was on top of every detail of the company, like a good secretary or right arm. Besides being an extremely attractive woman, Ms. Kim, like I called her, was a beautiful brunette with Korean features; her thin face was beautifully carved, her nose was small and her mouth fleshy, and I could notice that her eyes were brown. She was wearing a tight and modeled turquoise dress, highlighting her beautiful curves. Her hair was dark, straight, mid-back length, and it was partially tied by a delicate bow in the back. Her gaze was fearful, and somewhat scared of me. Do I really scare her that much? What does she know about me? Jesus! I was as gentle as possible, which wasn't in my nature, but the scared young lady deserved kindness since she would practically be my companion there. I explained to her the way I liked to work, and everything that I would need on my day-to-day. Jennie seemed to understand everything perfectly well, she wrote down some things in her small blue notepad and then she left.
For the rest of the day I studied some reports left in my office, and from what I've seen, everything's going well in here. But needed improvement, I thought. Even though I was trying to focus on those papers, something, or rather, someone, was distracting me. Since last night, the dancer hasn't left my head not even for a minute, the image of her dancing so sensually was imprinted in my thoughts. Dammit, Lisa! How could I let a woman, who I didn't even exchange a word with, invade my mind so quickly? I shook my head, trying to push away the image of that brunette swaying her hips in a sexy way for me, that's right, for me. But it was impossible, I needed to see her again. At the end of her show I felt somewhat frustrated and happy because she didn't receive customers, if she didn't receive anyone who offered her money, she had a good character, and that was when I felt even more desire to see her, but my desire was turned down.
"Ms. Manobal?" I heard someone call me, taking Ruby Jane off my thoughts. Jennie entered the office shyly. "I brought the coffee that you asked for, it's quite hot." She said, placing it next to me.
"Thank you, Ms. Kim. Do you know if Mr. Wang is in the company?"
She walked to the front of my desk, with the little tray in her hands.
"He already left, ma'am, most already did."
I looked at her, somewhat confused, everyone was leaving already? What time was it? I grabbed my phone looking at the screen, and it was past 08:00PM.
"Oh my God! It's already past eight, what are you still doing here, Kim?"
"Well, ma'am, I was finishing the reports you asked me to."
"Leave them for tomorrow, you can go home, sometimes I forget the time. I'd ask that you help me with that too, or you'll be working all night."
Jennie nodded quietly, and I stared at the woman standing in front of me, analyzing her surreptitiously. Something about her was familiar, I just didn't know what. Maybe I was going crazy, I was so focused on the dancer that I saw her in every woman that I found attractive. The girl was somewhat uncomfortable under my gaze, so I quickly stopped.
"Can I leave?"
"Of course, see you tomorrow, Kim."
"Good Night, Ms. Manobal."
"Good Night."
I stayed for another hour in the office, battling with myself, whether I should go or not to that club. I couldn't let anyone see me there, what would they say? But the desire to see her again was rampant, Ruby Jane affected me in such a way that the only thing I could think about was of having her to myself. I thought about calling Jisoo and tell her to meet me at 'Imperium' again, but maybe I should go alone.
I got up, grabbing my purse and my blazer, and then I left that office, going towards the parking lot, where I got into my car and drove through the streets of Seoul. I drove a few times around the club, fighting with myself to just leave. For years I didn't allow myself to get involved with a woman, maybe because my work took too much of my time, more than it should. I parked the car in front of the club, and from the outside I could already hear the music that was playing inside. I leaned my head against the steering wheel, thinking I should leave, but my body, in pure instinct, resolved to do the opposite. I straightened the thin scarf around my neck and got out of the car, walking towards the entrance. I paid the entrance fee and went in search of that woman.
Today the club was less busy, of course, who the hell frequents clubs on a Monday? I shook my head, still heading to the main bar. I bought a shot of Whiskey and just sat right there. Some women were dancing on the pole, but none of them compared to the brunette from the night before. I stayed there for a few minutes; maybe today was her day off, I thought.
"Good Evening, can you tell me if Ruby Jane's performing today?" I asked the woman with a well sculpted body.
"Ruby Jane? Oh, no, she doesn't perform today, her days are Friday and Saturday."
"But I was here yesterday and she was performing." I said politely.
"Yesterday was an exception, Ruby Jane danced by CL's request, but usually it's only on the days that I told you."
I was somewhat disappointed, for going there and not seeing her.
"I'm sorry, but what's your name?" I asked.
"My name's Irene." She said in a friendly way.
"Well, thank you, Irene, you saved me from waiting here all night." I said with half a smile, and then I got off the stool I was sitting on.
"Listen, ma'am." I heard the woman call me. "If you want to see her, you can come tomorrow, she rehearses every Tuesday here in 'Imperium', the club is open, but like today, it's less busy."
I smiled instantly at the woman who gave me the best news. "You most certainly helped me a lot, thank you." I said, more excited than I should.
Irene smiled at me and I did the same, and then I left and headed towards my house.