Chapter 30

"The Discovery"

"NOTE: For a better reading, when Ruby Jane starts to dance, listen to the song "Earned It by The Weeknd" :)

Jennie's POV

The circle was at every instant closing more for me. The secrets were being discovered and when I least expected it would reach her ears. God, this couldn't be happening, not now. She was literally mine, I had gotten what I always wanted since the start.
Lisa's love.
I closed my eyes feeling a strange sensation take over me. A mixture of fear, nerves and uncertainty. What would happen if she knew? If she knew that it has always been me? Lisa would hate me, she would fire me. What a stupid game you have you gotten yourself into, Jennie! Everything that I had planned was starting to fall apart, and I couldn't do absolutely anything.

In this instant Lisa and Jisoo talked calmly in her office, subject that I would give anything to know. After the ugly fight that they had, I believe that they were on the right way to a reconciliation in that friendship. I needed time to process and try to fix that whole situation, Tzuyu wouldn't go easy on me, at any moment she could tell everything to Lisa and end me once and for all.
What intrigued me was how she had discovered. The few people that knew about my secret were unquestionable reliable. Where had I fucked up in all this story? I tapped with my fingers on the computer keyboard, typing a message to Hyunji that didn't take long to show up.
"Hey, Jen!" the woman spoke sitting next to me "What did that bitch tell you?"
I looked into Hyunji's eyes and she immediately understood.
"No, no, no..."
"Yes, Hyunji, Tzuyu discovered everything."
The woman widened her eyes, staying completely lost.
"Tell me that she didn't tell anything to Lisa."
"She didn't, but it won't take too long. She simply wants me to disappear from here."
"If you want I will make her disappear with some good slaps in that bitch face that she has."
I smiled without the slightest humor.
"Well, I wouldn't mind that. Urge didn't lack me to hit in that snake, but I can't."
"And why?"
"If I did that, she would go to Lisa's office and tell her everything.
"You are right. What are you going to do?" she asked curiously.
"I don't know, Hyunji. I wanted to find out how she knew."
"That really is a mystery. Do you think she joined forces with Kellen?"
"Kellen doesn't know that my name is Jennie Kim."
"Do you think that CL could have..."
"God! Of course not, Hyunji! CL would never do that to me."
"I wouldn't trust so much, Jennie." Hyunji spoke suspiciously."For what reason would she do that?"
"I don't know, I just think that you shouldn't trust."
"We can't be suspicious of someone that has always helped me."
Hyunji laughed in an ironic way.
"Jennie, she helped HERSELF. You are the star of that place, without you CL would be nothing."
"She already had the club when she met me."
"And the club was bankrupt, don't you remember?"
"Hyunji..." I scolded the woman, finding her idea absurd.
"But anyways, what will happen now?"
I took a deep breath looking at Hyunji who looked at me apprehensively.
"I don't know, the game is ending for me."
"What game are you girls talking about?" I heard Lisa's raspy voice too close. I swear that in that instant my heart stopped. I quickly stood up with a weak smile.
"What? Oh, we are just talking about who's going to clean the apartment this week."
"Yes, Miss Jennie refuses to do it."
Lisa smiled next to Jisoo.
"I'll hire a maid for you, Miss Kim."
"That would be really wonderful!" Hyunji said quickly.
"Hyunii! No." I scolded the woman immediately, making Lisa smile.
"What? A maid would solve our problem."
"I agree with Miss Shin." Lisa said categorically.
Hyunji smiled smugly with Lisa's words.
"We'll see that later, Lisa."
"Alright, Miss Kim."
"Well, girls, for your unhappiness I'm already going. I'll call you later, Lisa, so that we can schedule everything."
I looked curiously at Jisoo who left with a beautiful and wide smile on her face, taking Hyunji along with her. I looked at Lisa with an eyebrow arched, making her smile beautifully.
"Why are you looking at me like that, Miss Kim?"
"What are you up to, Manoban?" I asked with an extremely accusative gaze.
"Nothing."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'll tell you later what I talked with Jisoo, ok? But now let's go, I'm taking you home."
I stared at her for a few seconds and nodded. In a matter of minutes I began to pick up my things while Lisa waited beside my desk. The woman looked attentively at the colored objects on my glass desk, until she focused on a certain paper.
"You never told me that your name is Jennie Ruby Jane." Lisa spoke intrigued, picking up the small paper that contained both my names.
I let the objects that I carried on my hands fall to the ground in pure nervousness.
"Dammit, dammit." I spoke lowering myself quickly to pick them up.
Lisa approached me, helping me collect everything.
"Is everything alright, Nini?"
I stared in her curious and worried eyes, and I just nodded. My heart was beating wildly in desperation for the woman's discovery about my name.
"So, why didn't you ever tell me?"
"I do...n't like that name. I prefer Jennie." I spoke nervously "So I avoid talking about it. Is there a problem?"
"No, I like Ruby Jane. It's a very beautiful and determined name."
"Do you know any Ruby Jane?" I asked curious to hear her answer.
"Yes, but that doesn't matter, Nini. Let's go?"
I nodded and smiled weakly.
I walked beside Lisa to her car in full silence. Until that instant Lisa seemed tranquil, the fact that she found out that my name was Ruby Jane hadn't intrigued her so much. At least was what she transmitted, but coming from Lisa everything was still a secret to me. The drive to my house was made in the same way, until she stopped the car in front of my huge building.
"Jennid, what's going on? You have been tense the entire morning, baby."
I looked into her eyes, noticing the affectionate way in which she had called me. I got closer to the woman, bringing her face close to mine, where I deposited a calm kiss in her soft and hot lips that took care of reciprocating in the same way.
"I'm sorry, it's just too many problems."
Lisa stared at me without understanding the situation. Her eyes were really light, just like an emerald. The little light of the environment left her face partially illuminated, highlighting what was already perfectly highlighted.
"I have a surprise for you." she said smiling.
"What is it?" I asked curiously.
"I can't say yet, if you want to find out you have to come to my house."
I let out an amused laugh.
"Is that a way to make me sleep with you, Manoban?"
Lisa opened a smile, biting her lip slowly.
"No, but that idea right there is wonderful, Miss Kim."
"Don't be naughty. Just tell me."
Lisa smiled surrendered, and grabbed a brown envelope that was in the backseat of the car.
"What's in there?" I asked curiously.
Lisa smiled happily and took the paper out of the envelope.
"This document is the request of Ella's custody. My lawyer will start the process this week and will enter in justice with this. But first, I need your beautiful signature, Miss Jennie Ruby Jane."
I confess that hearing her pronounce my name with a beautiful smile on her face was soothing.
"Oh my God, really?"
"Yes, Nini! On Sunday I received it by e-mail, and I wanted to tell you on the same day but I thought it was better to wait."
I smiled at Lisa, pulling her for a tight hug.
"Thank you, Lisa, you don't know how important this is to me." I spoke choked in tears.
"I do know, Nini, and that's why I'm doing this."
We let go of each other and she stared at me in a loving way, wiping with her thumb the tears that insisted on slowly run down my cheeks.
"I don't want to see you crying, Jennie. Come on, sign here."
Lisa spoke pointing to where I should sign. Luckily I could rubricate in the document, initials were accepted in this type of documents, or she would end that night knowing my full name, which surely would be my end.
"Great!" Lisa said with a smile, putting the paper inside the envelope "On the next, the lawyer will compose the document with all of your information, but don't worry, I already gave him your number."
"Thank you, Lisa."
"You don't have to thank me, Jennie."
"Are you and Jisoo on good terms now?" I asked quickly.
Lis nodded, opening a smile.
"Yes, we talked a lot and she doesn't hate me." the woman spoke in relief.
"I'm happy about it. It was really bad seeing you two fight."
"It was your fault." she joked.
"Mine? It was your fault and your jealousy's fault."
"Who guarantees you that it was jealousy, Miss Kim?" Lisa asked staring at me.
"Your anger, and the way you grabbed me inside that car, Miss Manoban."
I bit my lip in a teasing sign.
"I'm fine with her, but I don't want to see you two chitchatting, are we clear?" her tone was serious and authoritative.
"As you wish, ma'am."
"Jennie, Jennie..." Lisa sang in a vague attempt to contain her thoughts for the way I was teasing her.
"I'm not doing anything. Tell me, what are you two scheduling?"
"Jisoo invited me to go to her house in Busan this week. We always had this ritual for when one of us was too confused, you know?"
"And you are confused, Lisa?"
My question in that moment had caught her by surprise. Lisa took a few seconds thinking in how she would answer that.
"The problems with my dad are getting harder. You know?"
I nodded and made a light caress in her hand.
"Yes, don't worry, Lisa."
"You won't be upset if I go? It's that I really need to."
"I'll miss you, but you can go. How many days?"
"Three."
"Behave, Manoban."
Lisa smiled, and pulled me with intensity to her.
"I will behave myself, Miss Kim. I promise."
"Good."
I said before letting her take my lips in a ravenous kiss.