Chapter 44

Secrets

Lisa’s POV
I looked at her, for the eighth time in less than fifteen minutes. And Jennie still seemed lost in her thoughts. In front of me the Marketing manager explained his new proposals for the beginning of the next year with the aim of making Manoban's Industry the best real estate across the Continent. The ideas were incredibly exciting, however seeing Jennie so aerial left me lost. Since we came back from NY she was like this, and for some unknown reason decided not to share, just said that she was on her period. I know what that causes in women, because I am one. So, I just decided to respect and give her space.
“I will leave all the reports for you to analyze calmly.” the boy spoke as he straightened his suit.
“Sure, it's a great idea, Jared.”
“As soon as you have an answer, if you approved or not, I would be happy to know, ma'am.”
“Don't worry, Miss Kim will take care of scheduling the next meeting for us to make any changes if necessary.”
“Alright, excuse me, Miss Manoban.”
The boy stood up and walked towards the exit. Jennie slowly stood up and stared at me, adjusting her small glasses on her face.
“As soon as you analyze all the boy's reports let me know, I'll call him again.” she said patiently.
“Of course.”
“Do you need something?”
I took a deep breath and stood up. I walked towards the beverage counter receiving a scolding look from Jennie, who stopped in the exact moment that I served myself some coffee. Lately she's been controlling the amount of Whiskey I drink. According to her that was an exaggeration. And would only let me drink it in special occasions.
“There we go.” I said with a smile, raising the cup of coffee.
Jennie smiled and approached.
“I just want to take care of you.” she said calmly.
I placed the cup on the counter where I leaned slowly. Jennie stood near to the point where I could wrap her waist with my arms, and so I did.
“Lisa...” she whispered, looking at the door.
“Relax, I'm not going to do anything. I just want to spend some time with you.”
I squeezed more Jennie in a comfortable embrace, being able to feel her breathing deeply and relax in my arms. We stayed like this for a few long minutes, that I confess having been wonderful.
“What do you think of us taking the afternoon off?”
She stared at me with narrowed eyes and opened a smile.
“Have you noticed that we have a thousand things to solve, baby?”
“I know, but Paul is the manager, despite being somewhat lost he can handle himself for an afternoon.”
“I don't know, Lisa, there are things that only you can solve.”
“Nothing that can't wait until tomorrow, Nini.”
Jennie bit her lip, showing a thoughtful expression. She looked wonderful that morning, which wasn't different from the other days of course. Today she was wearing all black, which looked very good on her, I confess. Tight social pants that highlighted perfectly well the sinuous curves of her body. A turtleneck and long sleeves black sweater. Her hair was loose and straight, falling perfectly well on her back.
“Come on, we can get out of here and go to "Le Café" to buy some things and then stay in my house, alone watching some movie.”
“Couple program?”
“Of course, despite the craziness of our lives, we are a normal couple, right?
Jennie smiled.”
“Of course we are, baby.” Jennie said pulling my face for a calm kiss.
In the beginning she just moved her soft and delicate lips on mine, in an innocent affection. But that didn't last very long, since I again squeezed the brunette's body against mine, and in the same instant I felt her small hand land on my neck, where she pulled to deepen our kiss. I felt her sigh when our tongues came into contact with each other. That kissed lasted a few good minutes when she pulled away.
“We can't risk it, someone might walk in and see us.” she whispered.
“I don't care.” I pulled her again, sealing my lips on hers.
We let go of each other when we heard someone clear their throat behind us, making Jennie frightened.
“Love is beautiful.” Yaya said with a wide smile as she threw her bag on the couch.
I let out a soft laugh, seeing Jennie blush violently.
“Oh, Yaya! What a pleasure to see you here. I, well...”
“Relax, sister–in–law, you don't need to stay like that.”
“Yeah, Nini, Yaya had already seen the future, and she saw me with you.”
“Exactly! I always knew that Lisa would fall for you.”
“Yaya.” I scolded, which made them laugh.
“Still, you must think that we stay like this all the time here. But it's not true, Lisa sometimes forgets that we are in the company.”
“I imagine, my sister is not normal when she's near you.”
Now it was Jennie's turn to laugh, making me stare at Yaya.
“You can stop now.”
“What? It's true, sis. You have this idiot face around her.” she spoke, pointing at Jennie who shrugged happily.
“Can I know what you are doing here?” I asked walking over to my desk.
Yaya let out a laugh upon realizing the abrupt change of subject.
“I'm going to my desk, anything call me, Miss Manoban.” Jennie spoke in a formal tone.
“Alright, Nini.” I said before she left.
“So, I came to choose an apartment to live, I want to come back to Seoul.”
I frowned in the direction of my sister who looked at me calmly.
“Are you okay? Since when do you want to live here?”
“Since forever, you know that I live in LA because of our parents, but now I want to live here.”
“And they let you?”
“I'm of age, Manoban.”
“Oh, ok!” I said raising my arms in a sign of surrender “And what do you want from me?”“I want you to take me to see a nice apartment on the coast. Today.”
“Precisely today?”
“Yes, I know that you don't have any meetings today. I asked Jennie yesterday.”
“Stop plotting with Jennie.”
Yaya let out a chuckle and sat in front of me.
“She's my sister–in–law, and she loves me. I have that right.”
“No, you don't.” I huffed “ I can ask Hugo, or Jisoo to take you.”
“Lisa, I want you to take me. You know that this is important to me. What's the reason for you not wanting to go?”
“I was going to go out with Jennie.”
Yaya rolled her eyes in a tedious way.
“Don't you two get tired? You spend the entire day stuck together.”
I let out a soft laugh, taking a sip of my coffee.
“I don't, now her, I don't know.”
“Come on, Lis, you can see Jennie tonight.”
I sighed heavily and nodded. Yaya clapped her hands excitedly and stood up.
“We'll have lunch together and spend the afternoon looking for apartments!”
The younger one didn't even give me time to answer, when she left the office hopping.
“Yaya left pretty happy.” I heard Jennie comment with a wide smile upon entering my office.I sighed.
“She wants me to go with her to look for apartments.”
“And why that face?”
The brunette approached, wrapping my neck with her arms.
“I'll have to spend the afternoon with her, and we had already planned to spend it together.” I said sulkily.
“Don't stay like this, Lis, we can sleep together tonight. What do you think?”
“Really?”
“Of course, we'll do whatever you want.”
“I find the idea wonderful. I'll wait for you in my house.”
“Okay, baby. I'll go as soon as I leave my rehearsal in Imperium. ”
I rolled my eyes at the remembrance that she still danced in that place. I wondered every day when it would be the happy day that she would leave that place.
“Don't make that face, we already talked about it.”
“I'm not doing anything. When you get out of there, call me.”
“I will.”