Chapter 47

The Lap Dance

NOTE: For a better reading when I point out in the chapter listen to the song "Handcuffs by Prince Royce" ;)

CL's POV
I smiled looking into Ruby Jane's eyes that stared at me innocently. She was so naïve, even after so many years of learning Jennie still had inside her the naivety that didn't match a so Machiavellian world. I could feel sorry for that, but I couldn't lose her. Not Jennie, she was the source of power and desire of Imperium. It was her body and her dance that attracted many gazes and people who had the ambition to possess her body. Like a perfectly polished diamond at the hands of God, or the devil because of such desire.
“I knew that you'd make the right decision, dear.” I spoke excitedly, making Jennie smile.
“Your last request, right? After so much time helping me, I found myself being very unfair in not accepting.”
“Of course, you are a wonderful girl, Ruby Jane. I'm very sad to know that you'll leave
Imperium. But I know that you want other paths for your life.”
Jennie smiled sweetly, sitting on the soft couch, where I quickly sat down as well.
“Yes, I have many plans. But know that I'm extremely grateful for everything you did for me, CL.”
“I know, my little angel. Don't worry about it. I want you to know that the doors of Imperium will always be open to you.”
“You are a wonderful woman. You helped me so much.”
“I couldn't do less, I saw that you needed me that day, Jennie.”
We looked at each other for a few seconds and then I pulled her into a calm hug. The girl sighed heavily and hugged me back.
“Well, dear, it's already pretty late. I'm going, I'll call you tomorrow to inform the day of your show.”
Jennie stood up and nodded as she walked towards the front door. Gently she opened the door, we exchanged another little hug and a simple good night, and then I left.
I dialed Tzuyu's number as soon as I entered my car and left Jennie's building. It didn't take long for the woman to pick up:
“I'm going to your house, I have news.”
“Can I at least know what's it about?” she asked curiously.
“Our victory is near. Open up a bottle of champagne, I want to celebrate with you.”
“With pleasure.” those were her words before hanging up

———

“Are you serious?” Tzuyu asked with a broad smile.
“Yes! She fell for it like a sucker. You should've seen how she's grateful to me.”
“Oh God, that's wonderful!” she exclaimed excitedly picking up the two glasses “We must toast to that.”
I opened a smile to the woman who had bright eyes of how happy she was. Tzuyu extended me a glass with the expensive champagne that she had bought specially for that occasion.
“A toast to our victory.” she said raising the glass up high.
“A toast.” I spoke making the same movement as her.
I drank all the liquid from my glass, to then place it on the table.
“We have to remain calm. I'll call her tomorrow and inform the day of the performance. When that day comes, you'll find a way to meet Lisa and take her to Imperium.”
Tzuyu smiled, biting her lip. I could see how euphoric she was.
“She'll freak out.” she said sitting on the living room's couch.
“I imagine. Lisa seems very possessive.” I spoke joining her.
“And she is, businesswoman instinct, right? She likes to boss around everything around her.”
“She's very arrogant.”
“I like that about her. It makes her better than others. But she'll be so hurt when she finds out that her sweet little whore is lying.”
I let out a weak laugh.
“You'll be there to comfort her.”
“Oh yes I'll be there, in whatever way she wants me.”
“I can be jealous about that, you know?”
Tzuyu stared at me and laughed.
“Lisa is very good at sex. But I liked you more.”
“Of course you did.” I spoke approaching the woman and taking her mouth in a kiss.
“I can only think about the newspapers headlines in a few months. Me standing next to Lisa again, but as her wife.”
“You love that, right? Money and fame.”
Tzuyu laughed and took the last sip from her fine crystal glass.
“I love it. Do you have any idea of how much Lisa is rich and powerful? She is the best businesswoman of South Korea. Owner of an incalculable fortune.”
“From what I know, all that belongs to her father still.”
“That damn old man is almost dying, but we can already consider him invalid. He keeps forgetting everything.”
I let out a loud laugh.
“How come?”
“He has Alzheimer's. That's why he had to leave the presidency. He's a useless now, as always. He never liked me.”
“Maybe he saw right through you.”
“No, because he's a rich man playing humble. He must've loved that little whore Jennie.”
“I heard that she got along very well with Lisa's family.”
“A pity, since soon she'll be kicked out by her.”
“You are so evil.” I spoke with a smile, throwing my body against hers on top of the couch.
The woman bit her lip and wrapped my neck with her arms.
“So are you, CL.” she said before kissing me.