Chapter 42

Surprise

NOTE: For a better reading when I point out in the chapter listen to the song "Unfold by Alina Baraz & Galimatias", and when that song ends please listen to "Pretty thoughts by Alina Baraz & Galimatias" ;)

Seulgi’s POV

I had finally met the famous Ruby Jane, and honestly, she was entitled to every praise. The stripper was the owner of an out of the ordinary sensuality, and of a body clearly sculpted by the Gods. The brunette with wavy hair made you feel out of orbit just by looking at her, it was a hypnosis in an aura of arousal and desire. Tempting, right? But tempting really was to know that only one woman during all this time had gotten involved with her. Woman that carried the power in her hands, the power that should be mine.

Lisa Manoban.

The almighty, the monster of the real estate sector. How many times would we cross paths? Life took care of keeping us on the front line in a fight for power and money. Would life add desire now as well? Well, I don't mind, Ruby Jane was worthy of being disputed with all possible weapons.
“Did you like her?”
I heard CL ask as she walked towards the couch of that dressing room.
“Yes, she's wonderful.”
“I told you, Ruby Jane has an out of the ordinary power. There's no human being that doesn't go crazy for her.”
“But I see that it doesn't matter much, right? She makes it very clear that she doesn't get involved with the club's customers.”
CL shrugged and approached.
“It mattered to Lisa. She was pretty insistent, and she knew how to play to get what she wanted. She always gets what she wants, right?”
The woman was practically challenging me, instigating me in a way that she knew I would accept. I just couldn't understand why. Lisa was a powerful woman, even more than me. If the problem was money, she would be getting along with her, but there was another secret behind. Secret that I still hadn't found out.
“I get everything that I want as well, CL.”
“I know you do, that's why I presented you Ruby Jane.”
“Why the interest in presenting me this dancer?’
The blonde stared at me for a few instants and sighed.
“I like to present what I have best to important people.” she said as she lit a cigarette.
I let out an ironic laugh and turned to her.
“CL, don't underestimate me.”
She nodded and stood up.
“I want to get Lisa out my way, Miss Kang, I don't like how she wants to boss around in what's mine.”
“With that you mean Ruby Jane?”
“Exactly, Ruby Jane is what I have best here, and I'm being threatened to lose her to that woman.”
“So you think that I'm the solution to your problems?”
“If I may, I think you are. You are the only one that'll be able to change all of this.”
I smiled, she was good at business.
“I must be.”
“I don't want to force you to anything, and let's say that having Ruby Jane as the final prize is a good business, don't you think?”
She certainly was. The stripper was kind of an out of the ordinary woman, something in her instigated me to move forward, to want her. Her intense brown eyes were hot and provocative. I confess to have liked a lot, but something told me that all of that wasn't as unfamiliar as it appeared.
“What will you offer me, CL?”
She smiled.
“It won't be easy, but I want you to think about the proposal of a private with her.”
“Didn't you hear her saying that she doesn't get involved with any customer?’
“It will be just a lap dance, Seulgi, have you thought about the possibility? A private show for you. And of course, if we actually can make it happen, the rest is all up to you.”
“You know that Lisa will hate us, right?”
“Do you care? Because I don't.”
“Of course not, it will be a great pleasure. I can even imagine the disappointment of losing her fun to me.”
CL let out a laugh and approached stopping beside me.
“So what do you say?”
“I'll analyze your proposal. As soon as I decide I'll contact you.”
“I'll be waiting for your answer, Miss Kang.”

Lisa’s POV

“Lisa don't make that face.”
I kept walking towards the elevator while Jennie tried to accompany my steps.
“Are you really going to stay like this with me?”
I didn't answer, I pressed the button to the rooftop of the building, that was where the helicopter was located, already waiting for me. As soon as the doors closed Jennie pinned me against the cold metal wall.
“Baby.”
“Are you really going to travel while being upset with me?”
“Yes, this is your fault.”
I grumbled in a bad mood. But she just smiled, and started distributing kisses on my face, until stopping on my lips. I was very angry with the fact that Jennie didn't accept to go with me to NY. The award show would be there, and I couldn't miss since I was one of the nominees and favorite for the main award. Jennie in her turn refused, claiming that it wasn't the time to expose us to the whole world, after all everything that would happen there would be broadcasted on international telecommunication network. Which didn't matter to me, what people think or don't think about me is their problem.
“You will not tame me like this.” I whispered between Jennie's delicate lips.
“Not even with my caresses you'll relax?”
She asked placing both hands on my neck, in which she slid the tip of her nails in light scratches that made my whole body shiver. Jennie was so close that I could feel her warm breath escape through her half-open mouth. The woman approached slowly brushing her lips over mine, to then give a quick suck on my lower lip. I sighed heavily putting my hands on her thin waist, and she smiled mischievously. Damn woman. She laced her fingers between the locks of my hair and pulled my face to take my lips in a hungry kiss. I shuddered when I felt Jennie's hot tongue invade my mouth in an authoritarian and devilish way, snaking viciously over mine. I held her waist tightly, pressing her body on mine, while I reciprocated with the same intensity the kiss that the Korean was giving me. The kiss couldn't last long, we stopped as soon as we heard the beep of the elevator.
“Be nice, when you come back I'll reward you in any way you want.”
I breathed heavily, letting go of her body.
“Is that a promise?”
“Yes, I promise. Come back with the award in hand, Manoban, and I'll celebrate with you.”
“Well, talking like that I already feel like coming back.”
Jennie smiled and kissed me one more time. We let go of each other when we heard the pilot clear his throat in front of the elevator.
“Ma'am, we need to go.”
I just nodded and he left.
“Good luck there, okay? I'll be here rooting for you and missing you to death.”
“I'll miss you too, Nini, thank you. Anything call me and I'll come back in the same instant.”
Jennie smiled and hugged me.
“Let me know as soon as you arrive, I'll take care of everything here.”
“I know you will, now I have to go.”
“I love you, Lisa.”
“I love you too, Nini.” I spoke stealing one last kiss from her before heading towards my helicopter.
Jennie stood there staring at me until the helicopter took off, I waved for the last time making her smile. I was already so used to having Jennie by my side 24/7 that going out alone left me somewhat weird, the brunette had the power to make me feel good and even to take care of me.

———

After a tense meeting with the NY branch office I decided to go back to the hotel, the award show was only in the next day and I would have an entire day to rest. The suite where I was staying was the biggest in the hotel, practically a luxurious apartment with a beautiful view of the concrete jungle of that place. I took off my coat throwing it on the living room couch, and walked to the desk of the partial office that was there, open and next to the living room. I reviewed my speech in case I win the award the next day and then decided to take a bath. The city was incredibly cold that day, and a hot bath would help me relax in the absence of Jennie.
I took off all my clothes while I filled the hot tub and picked up a glass with sweet red wine. Confronting the "gang" of entrepreneurs and the press tomorrow required a good psychological preparation. I added some bath salts that quickly made foam, and then put the tip of my foot to see if the water was at the right temperature, and wow, it really was. I accommodated myself on the bathtub letting my muscles relax, I took a sip of wine and relaxed. Until hearing the shrill noise of my phone. I was going to cuss heaven and earth but then I saw her name on my phone's screen:

Nini

I smiled wiping my hands on the towel next to me to pick up the device.
“Miss me?”
Jennie asked with a somewhat sweet voice.
“Of course I missed you, I had a stressful day and I just wanted you here now.” I spoke leaning against the bathtub again.
“Problems? You need to be relaxed, you have the award show tomorrow.”
The brunette must be home, I could hear the noise of plastic bags and cupboards slamming.
“Many, but nothing serious. Nini, you know that I don't care about that.” I shrugged taking another sip of wine  ”What are you doing?”
“You don't care because you have a shelf full of awards at home, right?” I could swear that she was smiling now with one of her eyebrows arched “I just got home, I stopped by the supermarket before.”
“Dinner tonight?” I asked ironically.
Jennie sighed as if she was holding in a laugh.
“Yes, my boss gave me a day off, you know? I have to take advantage and have dinner with someone.”
“Someone?”
I opened my eyes and sat upright. Jennie let out a relaxed laugh.
“Why do you want to know?”
“Curiosity.” I lied.
“Wait.”
Jennie spoke calmly, and didn't even give me a chance to respond. She must have left the phone on the counter. I could hear the sound of footsteps and a quick movement, until she picked up the phone again.
“My guest arrived.”
“If you want I'll hang up.” I said somewhat moody.
I heard the brunette's calm breathing, and some "tsk tsk tsk" sounds with her tongue.
“No, my guest wants to talk with you.”
“With me?”
“Yes, one second.”
I heard some loud noises, and again someone picked up the phone, but this time it wasn't Jennie.
“Hi, Lili!”
I smiled relieved, not that I thought that Jennie would actually have dinner with someone, but knowing that Ella was there made me relax.
“Ella, I thought that you had gone home. Are you alright?”
“Yes, Jane picked me up this afternoon. My mom is only coming tomorrow so I called her because you are traveling.”
“That's great, you can keep your sister company while I'm away. Take care of her for me, okay?”
“Don't worry, Lili, I won't let anyone hit on Jane.”
“Ella!” I heard Jennie grumble in the background, making me laugh.
“Exactly, Ella, you can't let anyone come near your sister. She's mine.”
“Leave it to me! I'll be your spy.”
“Perfect, spy! I'll buy a pretty cool gift for you from here, ok?”
“You don't need to give me gifts, Lis, Jane said that's not cool.” the little one said thoughtfully.
“Don't worry, I'll deal with her later.”
“Come on, lift your butt from there, Ella, and give me my phone.” I heard Jennie speak in the background.
“I'll pass the phone to Jane, come back soon, Lis. We need to go to the giant water park that I saw on TV.”
“Don't worry, Ella, we'll go there. ”
I heard them let out a laugh in the background, and Ella complaining of tickles. It was beautiful to see how the two got along so well. Jennie had the protective instinct and the love of a mother towards Ella, and that only made her more special.
“You need to stop plotting with my sister.” I heard Jennie's voice panting on the phone.
I let out a chuckle, but stopped.
“Why are you panting?”
“The little devil made me run after her. I'm sorry, baby.”
“No problem, I love hearing your breathing like this.” I whispered teasingly.
Jennie sighed heavily, and since the background noise was gradually lowering, I realized that she must be going to a more private place in the house.
“You love? Hmm, and why?”
I could bet that she was smiling, while twirling a lock of her hair with her index finger.
“It reminds me of very pleasant things, you know?” I let out with second intentions.
“What exactly?”
I smiled, grabbing the glass of wine to drink all the sweet liquid to the last drop.
“You moaning when you are cumming.”
In the exact moment that I finished the sentence, I heard the brunette sigh heavily on the other side of the phone. She didn't imagine that I was going to be so direct with my words, but shame for what, right? Everything was in absolute silence, I could only hear the soft breathing on the other side. The cat ate her tongue? I smiled, biting my lower lip slowly.
“You like to think about it?” her sensual voice tone took over.
“I like to make you cum, Jennie, I like action.”
“I miss you so fucking much.”
“You should be here in this bathtub with me now...” I said as I played with the foam in my legs, which I fully stretched out.
“What would we be doing if I was there, Manoban?”
“Well, you would be cumming in my mouth now.”
“Son of a b...”
“Jane, come here, I'm hungry!” I heard Ella shout in the background, and Jennie grumble angrily, which made me laugh. The good side of the sex strike is that I wasn't the only one suffering with it. Jennie also paid in kind.
“I'm going, Ella, calm down!” she shouted “And you, stop teasing me, it's not healthy to be thinking about these things with you so far away from me.”
“Me? I'm not doing anything, baby, just telling you what would be happening in this exact moment. I'm here in this hot tub completely naked, and needy because a certain person invented a sex strike.”
“You deserved it!” she whispered.
“You'll deserve everything that I'll do to you when I catch you, Miss Kim.”
“Naughty!”
“Hottie.”
Jennie let out a sarcastic laugh and sighed.”
“I have to hang up, or Ella will die of hunger here.”
“It's okay, Nini, I'll talk to you tomorrow.”
“Call me before the award show?”
“Of course, I'm still upset with you for not coming with me.”
“I'm sorry, baby, I just think that right now it's not the right time. But look, I'll be here watching everything and rooting for you.”
“I know you will, thank you. I love you.”
“I love you too.” those were her last words before she hang up.