Chapter 13

"Gift, lift and conversation"

Jennie's POV

I checked all of her commitments and nothing, Lisa would stay at the company all day. Could my bad luck be bigger? Last night was somewhat troubled, when in my plans I would only dine beside Kai. After the eventual almost kiss between me and Lisa, I left that place rather distracted.

"Is everything okay, Jen?" I heard the boy's voice beside me.
"Yes, of course. I just have a bit of a headache, can you take me home?"
I received an annoyed look, I know he expected more of that night, but with Lisa a few meters away from me, it was practically impossible to think about Kai, right?! I shrugged and grabbed my purse.
"Sure, let's go. I'll take you home. *
I looked one last time to the table where Lisa was before, but no sign of her, did she left already or went out with some girl? Kim Jisoo was no longer there, surely they weren't there anymore.
The way back was made in pure silence, one would notice kilometers away how much that night had been a failure, well, not really, Hyunji's and Nayeon's night had been successful, Troy and Hugo proved to be great dates, while Kai got annoyed and complained since the moment that he put his eyes on Lisa, who was by my side. Did he felt something different between the two of us? No, don't think about it.
"We arrived." he said stopping the car in front of my building.
"Thank you for tonight, I liked it." I lied, or not, seeing Lisa was wonderful.
*Did you really? I think it was somewhat annoying, but you can understand me, right? Something in me doesn't like that woman."
"Lisa? I don't get it, she's a nice person."
"With you, right? Which to me seems really weird, she's just a futile and arrogant woman. "
"No, because we don't even know her. Besides, you shouldn't talk about her like this."
"I'm not afraid of her, Jennie, she barely arrived and she's already messing everything up, remember the absurd hours you spent working on that balance sheet?"
"Kai, honestly, I'm dying of headache, and I don't want to talk about work now." I spoke annoyed.
"I'm sorry, I was an idiot. I know this night wasn't one of the best, but we can make it better. "
I looked in his eyes, that by the way were pretty, but it wasn't those eyes that I wanted to be looking at. I lowered my head, thinking of the politest way to tell him that for today it had been too much. However I noticed that he had gotten closer to me, touching my chin lightly, making me look at him again.
"You are a beautiful woman, Jennie."
"Thank you, but I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." I got out of the car without saying anything else.

***

"I want you in my office in 2 minutes." I heard Lisa's raspy voice, making my whole body shiver.
I looked up and saw Lisa entering her office, I was praying to God for her not to remember anything from last night. I grabbed my notebook, adjusted the glasses on my face and walked slowly into her office.
"Miss Manoban."
She turned the chair around facing me, staring at me with her pair of bright emeralds, I felt weak every time that I faced her. I noticed her look travel down the extension of my body, making me swallow dryly. I saw her tense expression, Lisa closed her eyes tightly, shaking her head.
"Tell me my commitments for today, Miss Kim" she spoke taking a deep breath.
I blinked more times than I should, flipping through my notebook to tell her all of today's commitments. The day was more than peaceful, Lisa spent practically hours stuck in her office, I think the hangover from last night was affecting her. Even always beautiful, today I could see the tiredness of a sleepless night under her eyes, the dark circles were evident. Every 5 minutes her fingers made a light massages on her aching temples.
"If you want I could get you some medicine for your headache." I spoke calmly.
She opened her eyes with difficulty, staring at me patiently.
"I would love that, Miss Kim."
I smiled calmly, going to my bag and grabbing a small pack of pills, handing it to her with a glass of water.
"Now take this." I handed her a small bottle of medicine and she looked at me, making a face.
"What's this for?"
"I imagine that you are feeling nauseated and with a terrible burning."
Lisa shrugged.
-I hate medicine, Kim, I rather stay with these symptoms, I believe that that potion there is terrible.
I smiled at her silliness somewhat childish for a 25 years old woman.
"I am not a sorceress, ok? It's not a potion, it's a very good medicine for this kind of thing."
"Do you usually drink a lot and then have to take this thing the next day?"
She smiled charmingly.
"No, but since you don't want it, I'll take it back." I spoke grabbing the small bottle on the table.
"Okay!" she spoke making me stop midway "I'll take it."
I smiled, grabbing a small spoon and dropping the necessary drops for Lisa, who ingested the liquid right away, making a face of who swallowed gall.
"Jesus Christ, I need water, please!"
I let out a laugh because of her desperation, making Lisa stare at me mad.
"I can fire you if you keep laughing at me, you know?"
I put a hand over my mouth, getting her a glass of water, which she quickly drank until the last drop. Lisa opened her eyes and stared at me, giving me a gorgeous smile.
"Thank you."
"No need to thank me, it's my duty to take care of you."
Lisa stared at me somewhat suggestively.
"Aren't you feeling tired or something? The night yesterday was long."
"No, ma'am, I didn't drink a lot."
"Well, I did, I can barely remember what happened."
Should I be happy or sad with this? Lisa and I had almost kissed, which would be dangerous and tempting.
"You exaggerated a little bit." I said shyly.
"Yes, I needed to have some fun, where is Miss Shin? Hugo was very delighted with her."
"She's in her office, I guarantee that she also was."
"We'll have a new couple here."
"New? Do we have one already?" I asked.
"I believe so, you tell me, Miss Kim, since you left with Mr. Kim, right?!"
I swallowed dryly, Lisa had noticed exactly the time that I had left.
"Yes, he took me home."
"Yes, I know." those were her last words to me that day.