Chapter 36

"Masquarade Ball"

NOTE: For a better reading when I point out in the chapter listen to the song "Sophomore by Ciara", and when I point out again listen to the album "Goddess by Banks" (you'll find it on YT, just listen to it until it's needed, you'll know when to stop) ;)

Jennie's POV

I woke up lighter that morning, being well with Lisa made everything better. My mood, my patience and my state of mind. Everything very peaceful. Which could even make me afraid, things were never perfect for long in my life. Not that everything was already perfect, there were a lot of things that still needed to be solved.
I got up from bed, stepping with my tiptoes on that cold floor. While I stretched myself slowly, pushing away that morning laziness that attacked us. I walked towards the bathroom to then do my morning hygiene, getting dressed quickly, and then finding Hyunji and Nayeon walking like crazies in the middle of the house.
"The morning already starts excitedly in this apartment, huh?"
I spoke while serving myself with the breakfast goodies that Nayeon loved to prepare.
"Obvious, darling! Today we have the almighty's sister birthday party, or have you forgotten?"
Oh God! Yaya's party was today. I widened my eyes almost choking with the juice.
"I see that she forgot." Nayeon said smiling.
"Of course she forgot, she's on cloud nine thinking about Lisa."
"That's not true, Hyunji."
Hyunji smiled, turning towards me.
"Jennie, my love, I know you like the back of my hand. I know when you are being a sucker for someone. And for Manoban you are level master sucker!"
"You are so loving!" I said sarcastically.
Hyunji and Nayeon laughed.
"I'm very happy, I feel that things with Lisa are starting to prosper."
"May God hear you, Jen."
"Amen."
"Hey, aren't you going to pack your bags?" Hyunji looked at me confused "Taylor said that we need to bring other clothes, we'll stay the whole weekend. Your entry into the Manoban family is being wonderful."
I squinted my eyes in mockery, which made Hyunji laugh.
"I'll pack right away. I don't want to be late, after all we are going by helicopter."
Nayeon exchanged a quick glance with Hyunji, opening a mischievous smile.
"Sorry if our boyfriends don't have a private helicopter, ok? But thanks to your girlfriend, we'll enjoy these treats."
"She's not my girlfriend!"
"But she'll be soon."
I rolled my eyes. The jokes would never end. My best friends loved messing with me. That was not fair at all.
"Stop being idiots! I would go by plane but Lisa practically ordered me to go the way she wanted. And included you two in this."
"Of course! We are a full package!" Nayeon smiled putting some clothes in her small suitcase.
"She wants Jennie to get there as fast as possible to be with her." Hyunji said laughing.
"Lisa is very reserved so she's almost always alone, I feel good to be with her all the time."
"I imagine. She really seems to not let a lot of people into her territory."
"Yeah, she doesn't ."
"But she seems to be a good person."
Hyunji shouted from the back while walking towards us with two dresses in hand.
"She's wonderful, guys! She's helping me with Ella's custody, the notification has even arrived at my mother's house. "
"Oh God! Really?"
I nodded with a smile.
"That's amazing! You always wanted Ella to live with you." Nayeon said hugging me.
"Lisa is good for you, I like her."
Hyunji said with a protective tone. She always made sure to give me advice, and seeing that she had accepted Lisa was a great relief.
"I hope you get Ella's custody, Jen."
"Me too, Nayeon, it won't be easy. Rou was very clear that she won't let her go easily."
"She can't do anything if justice decides to give you her custody."
"She will play dirty against me."
"I don't doubt that at all, after all we are talking about Roy."
"I don't want to think about that now, I'm going to go pack my things."
"Go before your beloved calls another companion." Hyunji teased.
"Lisa only wants me, Hyunji, of that I have no doubts!"

-----

Lisa's POV

8:45PM - Los Angeles