Chapter 10

"Le Café"

Lisa's POV

I heard the shrill sound of the alarm clock on my nightstand. Did I really need to work on a Sunday? Yes. In an hour Jennie would be waiting for me in Le Café. I stretched, remembering last night, which made me smile broadly. Images of Ruby Janw were unmistakably in my thoughts. How could she make me feel like this? I remember exactly the pleasurable feeling that was touching her. God! I could get horny just by imagining her being possessed by me. Her superior air confronted with mine, and that made me want her even more.
"Stop thinking about her, Lisa." I said to myself as I got up from bed, heading towards the bathroom.
Minutes later, I was completely ready. I was wearing a simple black dress that had a slight neckline in the front, high heels of the same color, and my Ray-Ban sunglasses.
It didn't take me too long to park my car four blocks away from my apartment, where Le Café was located. It was one of my favorite coffee shops in Seoul. It had a unique environment, like the ones in Paris. The building architecture was old, but very well preserved. In its front it had several tables protected by an awning, for the customers who liked the outdoors. I entered the cozy establishment that wasn't crowded today. Thank God. The place had a good vibe, the furniture was all made of wood, with large ceiling lamps and a huge counter. On the walls there were several framed pictures of Paris, maps, and shelves with books. It was a real piece of Paris in Seoul.
"Lisa, sweetie!" The grey-haired man greeted me as he approached.
"Good Morning, Mr. Han." I greeted in a friendly way.
"I've never seen you here so early. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
"I need a peaceful place to work, and this was my first option."
The man with a slightly big belly smiled, and with his unmistakable French accent said, "Perfect! Are you waiting for someone? I have a table in the back, it's quite private there, and I guarantee that no one will disturb you."
"Yes, that would be wonderful. I'm waiting for my secretary."
"I think she already arrived. A very beautiful young lady walked in a while ago, and I'm sure I never saw her here before."
"Where is she?"
"On the terrace. You know we have a great view of the park from out there." The man said, good-humored.
"Absolutely, Mr. Han. Please send someone to take our order, okay?"
"I'll take your order myself, sweetie."
I smiled at the man who led me to the table where Jennie supposedly was, and he wasn't wrong, it was indeed her. The brunette was focused on the book in her hands, and as soon as she saw me, she quickly got up from her chair with a beautiful smile.
"Good Morning, Ms. Manoban."
Today she looked different from the other days. Jennie was wearing light jeans that fully outlined her beautiful legs, a white silk blouse and a navy blue blazer on top it. Her hair was loose and slightly wavy, molding her thin face that was adorned with simple reading glasses. She looked beautiful, as usual.
"Good Morning, Ms. Kim."
"Let me take you to the more private table." Mr. Hab said, leading us to the back of the coffee shop, where there was a lonely table near a large glazed window.
"What can I get you?" He asked.
"The usual, Mr. Han." I said, sitting at the table.
"I think I'm going to need the menu." Jennie said smiling.
"Permettez moi de vous aider, Mademoiselle." Mr. Han said politely, handing the menu to Jennie.
"You should try their croissant, it's the best in Seoul. And the hot chocolate is even better." I suggested.
"Should I believe you?"
"Have I ever lied to you before, Ms. Kim?" I asked smiling.
"I'd like a croissant with hot chocolate then."
"Alright, I'll be right back with your orders, girls." Mr. Han said, leaving us alone.
"Did I take too long?" I asked, putting my purse aside.
"No, ma'am. I probably arrived too early." She spaid with a smile.
"I think I arrived late. I had a somewhat... frantic night." I said as I remembered Ruby Jane.
Jennie smiled, probably not imagining how my night was.
"No problem, ma'am. I was engrossed in this book about Paris, everything's so beautiful." She said, her gaze admiring the pictures that were on the book as she flipped through it peacefully.
"You've never been to Paris?"
"No. In fact, I don't think I've ever left Seoul."
"You don't know what you're missing, Ms. Kim. Paris is one of the most magical places I've visited. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to go there, mostly because my father brought me here almost every morning."
"So you've been frequenting this place since you were a little girl?"
"Yes. Every morning, my dad and I used to sit at that counter and order a croissant with hot chocolate." I said smiling. "I like to come here to think, and because of that, I always had the desire to go to Paris."
"I imagine. It must have been a great trip." She said with a smile.
"It really was. But Paris is an overly romantic place. To see and experience everything, I recommend going with someone you love."
"I think the same way, even though I've never been there. When I do go, I really want to go with someone special."
"Excellent decision, Ms. Kim. Meanwhile, you can come here with me." I said smiling.
"It's a wonderful place, Ms. Manoban. Very cozy."
"You can call me Lisa today, Jennie. We're not at the company." I said as I removed my Ray-Ban sunglasses from my face, putting them on the table. Jennie looked into my eyes for a few seconds, to then turn her attention back to the book.
"I don't know, ma'am. I think it's best if I continue calling you Ms. Manoban."
"Okay, but I'll call you Jennie."
"That's fine by me." She smiled.
"I imagine that your friends must be angry at me, right? I didn't give you a day off this week."
"They understand the situation well. Nayeon and Hyunji are wonderful friends." The woman said calmly.
"Do you live with them? I'm sorry for intruding in your life, Jennie. But we have to talk about something until the croissants get here." I said laughing.
"Yes, I live with them, we share an apartment near the company. We became best friends and we haven't left each other's side ever since."
A blonde girl approached us, placing our croissants and hot chocolate on the table.
"You don't look like you're from Seoul. No offense, I just noticed by your accent." I said calmly as I stirred the sugar in my cup.
"Yeah, I'm not from here. I was born in New Zealand and then moved to Seoul with my family." She said, to then take a sip of her hot chocolate. From her expression, she had liked it.
"Approved?" I asked smiling.
"Yes. It's wonderful."
"Try the croissant, you're going to love it." I said as I placed a bit on her small plate.
Jennie smiled at me and then ate it, making the same expression she had done when she tasted the hot chocolate.
After wiping her mouth with the napkin, she said, "It's wonderful, it has an amazing taste, unlike any other I have ever eaten."
"I knew you'd like it, it's the best in Seoul. I don't know what they do inside the kitchen, if it's some sort of magic or sorcery, but they are delicious! But I can assure you that I make a great one too." I said, to then eat a bit of my croissant, and Jennie laughed as if I had told a joke. "What?"
"I didn't know you could cook."
"I'm a very gifted woman in the kitchen. Or did you think I lived off of takeouts and canned food?"
The brunette flashed a lovely smile, to then take another sip of her drink. Jennie had a so familiar smile, I felt as if I knew it perfectly well.
"That was what I thought, you don't look like someone who cooks. I'm sorry."
"Well then, I guess I'll have to show you my culinary skills, Ms. Kim. You'll see that I'm not what people think."
"I hope I remain alive after that." She said, amused. She was more loose now. Jiioo was right, Jennie was more interesting than I thought. I stared at the brunette with so familiar brown eyes for a few seconds. "Okay... We better start working on the balance sheet." She said, embarrassed.
"Of course, we can eat and work at the same time."
She quickly grabbed her folder, taking out a big volume of papers, reminding me the real reason why we were there. We started working, and we spent hours on it, drinking coffee and water to stay focused, which was impossible with that woman in front of me. Jennie had such a delicate and sweet way of being that made me lose focus. And I lost even more focus when she decided to get up and walk around, with her jeans that were extremely tight on her body. Fuck! That ass!
"Did you understand, ma'am?" She asked.
"Huh?" I asked, confused.
Jennie smiled sweetly at me. "I asked if you understood, Ms. Manosan."
"You can call me Lisa in here, I mean it."
She smiled, and then said, "Did you understand, Lisa?"
"Yes, I understood, Camila. Can we recalculate the material's spending? I admit I got lost on that."
"Of course, they are right here." She said, sitting beside me to show me the papers.
We continued working like that for long hours. I could see that she was a very smart woman and that she was acquainted with all of the company's affairs. She knew the business, and practically every sector.
"Have you considered not being a secretary?" I asked, and she looked at me confused.
"What do you mean?"
"You're a very intelligent woman, you understand business administration and everything else. You have the capacity to be in a position like mine."
Jennie smiled broadly. "I have thought about it, yes. But I never had the opportunity, I come from a very humble family."
"You can conquer it, Jennie. I believe you can."
"Who knows, right?!"
"Let's take a stroll in the park nearby, and you can tell me a little about yourself." I suggested.
"But what about the balance sheet?"
"We have time, Kim. We'll have lunch together and then we'll go back to work, okay?"
She nodded and got up. We warned Mr. Han that we would be back after lunch, and the man nodded and promised to keep an eye on our paperwork. For some reason, I wanted to know more about Jennie, she was different from other people.
"You seem to know Seoul very well." She said as she walked beside me.
"I'm from here, so I know this place like the back of my hand."
"But you moved away, right?"
"Yes, I lived in Europe for a few years. And now I'm back to take care of the company."
The brunette listened intently as we walked along the pavement shaded by the huge trees of the park. It was one of the best parks in Seoul; in the center there was a huge lake and green, grassy areas. A lot of families had fun there, kids played with other kids, and a lot of people jogged around. It was so nice.
"And to save me from Mr. Wang." She said laughing.
"How did you put up with him for so long?"
"I didn't have a choice. I mean, it wasn't hard to get along with him, only when he tried something more with me. Sometimes I avoided getting too close."
"He's an asshole. I don't understand why men think that they can have us in the blink of an eye." I rolled my eyes. "That's why I don't get involved with Them."
I saw Jennie one of her eyebrows in confusion, but I didn't say anything, just continued our walk.
"Oh! Jisoo asked me to talk to you about her. I know, she's crazy, but she's really into you, Ms. Kim." I said, and the brunette lowered her head shyly. "I don't know if you like women, actually, you don't look like someone who would date a woman." I flashed a smile. "But Jisoo talks a lot about you."
"I don't?!" She asked, staring at me.
"No, but who knows, right?! Not everything is as it seems."
"Exactly, Lisa."
"I guess I need to tell Jisoo that she has a chance." I smiled.
"Yeah, who knows, maybe she really does." She said nonchalantly, and then sped up, walking ahead, leaving me standing there.
My secretary having an affair with my best friend could be good, right? Or maybe not. For some unknown reason, imagining Jennie and Jisoo together made me feel very uncomfortable. Not that I liked her, after all the only woman who inhabited my thoughts was Ruby Janw. But Jennie was a very interesting woman.
Jennie and I worked for the rest of the afternoon, without breaks and without any rest. And then we finally finished our project, the balance sheet was ready to be presented. We studied everything as to not make any mistakes on the next day; it was a somewhat delicate and profitable process that we needed to attain.
"Finally!" I exclaimed, throwing the papers on top of the table.
"Yeah, even I am already sick and tired of numbers." The brunette said, leaning back against the padded of her chair.
"We have to go, Mr. Han must want to kick us out of here after so many hours." I said laughing.
Jennie laughed as she started putting her things inside her purse. She had taken off her blazer and tied her long hair in a ponytail. She still looked beautiful.
"You're right, but I don't think he's waiting for us so he can close."
"He's not, this place stays open until very late. Give me a minute, I'm going to say goodbye to him."
I walked towards the gray-haired man who was sitting on his rocking chair, entertained with a book.
"Mr. Han, thank you for today. But I have to go."
"Oh sweetie, you know that you can come here anytime and stay as long as you want. Your friend too." He said somewhat mischievously.
"She's just my secretary, Mr. Han." I smiled, touching the man's shoulder.
"She's a great girl, Lisa. Beautiful and polite."
"Are you trying to hook me up with someone?"
The man let out an amused laugh. "No, sweetie, I'm just saying that that young woman over there seems to be a great person. Think about it."
I looked at him suspiciously, and the man raised his arms up in surrender. I smiled and hugged him affectionately.
"À plus tard." I said with a smile.
"See you later, sweetie. And goodbye, Ms., it was a pleasure to meet you." Mr. Han said to Jennie, who was approaching us.
"It was a pleasure to meet you too, sir."
"Come back with Lisa anytime, okay? I'll be waiting for both of you."
I looked at him scoldingly, and the man just smiled, amused. After our goodbyes, we left Le Café and walked towards my car, where we put our folders.
"Well, Ms. Manoban, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Ms. Kim, relax. I'll drop you off at home."
"You don't need to, seriously. I can take a cab, there's no problem." She said quickly.
"I insist, Jennie. It's already late, I won't take no for an answer."
She opened her mouth to protest, but I ordered her to get into my car, and so she did.

Jennie's POV

She didn't take no for an answer, and I had no other choice but to get into her car. The day alongside Lisa wasn't that easy; the images of her touching me the night before made themselves present every time we had the smallest physical contact. I did everything to keep my body at a safe distance from hers.
"You have to tell me the way to your house, Kim." I heard her raspy voice.
"It's a few blocks away from Manoban Industry. I'll give you directions."
Did I mention that she looked even sexier in her car? It seemed that everything exalted her arrogant and cocky air. I avoided all day the urge to look into her eyes, Lisa Manoban had the power to leave us mesmerized by her almond brown eyes. She remained focused on the street as she drove, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel, accompanying the rhythm of the song that was playing on the radio.
Being in such a small space beside that woman was proving to be dangerous. In that moment all I wanted to be was Ruby Jane, I just wanted her to stop that car and feel her hands touching my body again. Don't even think about it, Jennie. Well, it was impossible not to think about it, her simple black dress was slightly lifted, giving me a wonderful view of her thick thighs. And the dim lighting was making her look more mysterious and sensual.
"Your neighbors will probably think that I'm your girlfriend." She said laughing.
I wish you were, I thought to myself.
"True, they will, but don't worry. I'll tell them that you're my boss."
"It's okay, Jennie. Mr. Han thought that we had something, can you believe it?"
I looked at her confused. "Oh God! Did I do something that I shouldn't?"
"No, relax. It's just that he has known me since I was a little girl, and I never brought someone there with me, you were the first." She said, and I looked at her in disbelief. That place seemed to be one of her favorites in Seoul, and knowing that I was the first person to go with her after her father, made me happy. "I hope you don't mind, Ms. Kim. I told him that we worked together, but Mr. Han is as stubborn as a mule." She said smiling. "Anyways, I don't care that he thinks that, you're a beautiful woman, so everything's alright."
"If I was ugly you would care?" I asked laughing.
I saw Lisa get baffled with my question.
"Maybe, but since you're beautiful and smart, everything's alright. Don't judge me, at least I'm being honest." She shrugged.
We looked at each other for brief seconds, and I could see how beautiful she looked smiling. A lot of people saw Lisa as a harsh and rude person, and she really was, but never with me.
"You have to give me directions to your house, Kim. Am I close?"
I awoke from my thoughts, and I gave her directions until she finally, or unfortunately, arrived at my house. Lisa stopped the car, rolling down the windows and analyzing the enormous building where I lived in.
"It's a great place, Jennie. It seems cozy."
"It's not like your apartment, which must be very luxurious. But yes, it's cozy." I said, and Lisa smiled.
"Well, you're home, Ms. Cabello. I'm sorry for disrupting you even on your weekend."
"It was a pleasure. I'll pray to God for tomorrow's meeting to go our way and for you to get the contract." I smiled at her.
"We will get it. Thank you for helping me and for keeping me company this weekend."
"Thank you as well, Lisa. It was a pleasure spending the weekend with you."
"Ditto, Jennie."
Our eyes locked with each other for a few awkward seconds.
"Well, I'm gonna go." I said as I grabbed my purse. "Good Night."
"Good Night, Kim."
I looked at her for the last time before entering my building. I went up to my apartment, noticing that Nayeon and Hyunji were already sleeping. It wasn't even midnight. I headed to my room, and soon enough took a shower and lay down to sleep.
Sleep? As if the images of Lisa Manovan would let me sleep. We were getting closer with every passing day, work and 'Imperium' were bringing us together. My body burned just by thinking about how bold and hot she could be. I closed my eyes and recreated our moment together; Lisa pushing me against the wall with her body, taking my mouth with a fierce kiss while her skilled hands touched my pleasure points.
Don't think about it, Jennie. Don't...
I sank my head into the pillow and closed my eyes, trying to get rid of the images of Lisa from my head. I felt my body relax on the soft mattress.
I heard the intercom sound several times. Who could be at this hour? Oh my God! Why couldn't Nayeon or Hyunji open the door? I groaned, getting up from my bed to then put on my small robe and walk through the darkness of the house. They could only be sleeping like a rock if they couldn't hear the intercom. Jesus Christ!
I opened the lock on the door, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
"What are you doing here?"

DISCLAIMER: I hereby declare that I do not own this story. All rights belong to the owner(@/shewantscamila). No Copyright Infringement Intended.