Chapter 26

"Fights and Reconcillation"

Lisa's POV
I couldn't believe what I had just done. I had rejected a good and pleasurable night of pure sex with Ruby Jane. God, I walked from one side to the other in that corridor, thinking about the idea of going back and taking that woman in my arms. But what about Jennie? As much anger as I was feeling that night, I wouldn't do such a betrayal. And would it be betrayal? I didn't have anything with Jennie. Or did I? I shook my head walking out of Imperium. The maddening noise of the sensual music stayed behind, leaving only the silence of that night. I needed to put my thoughts in order, I needed to understand what was going on inside me. I entered my car, taking a deep breath. I leaned my head over the steering wheel trying to quiet my thoughts. I would go back home and I would sleep. That was the best choice. As much as I still wanted Ruby Jane with all the strength of my being, I liked Jennie, and it was with her that I wanted to be. I started the ignition, bringing the car to life, and leaving that place to perhaps never come back. I drove a few times around downtown Seoul, thinking about the idea of picking up Jennie. Surely the problem with Hyunji had already been resolved. It took me about half an hour until passing in front of her building. With the car moving slowly I could see two women that were more than familiar. One of them I knew, it was Jennie. The brunette was with the same dress she was wearing at dinner a couple of hours ago. And beside her? I approached more, with the windows closed. And it wasn't possible. I didn't want to believe it. Jisoo hugged Jennie for a long time and she reciprocated in the same way. So that was the problem with Hyunji? A sudden urge to get out of the car and go face both of them took over me, but I wouldn't do such a thing. I was superior to all of that. As much anger as I had, I wouldn't say anything now. I stayed a few more minutes watching the scene until Jennie let go of Jisoo and looked towards my car. Fuck. She knew. I sped the vehicle getting out of that place without looking back. I was angry, feeling like a fool. It was because of this type of thing that I hated to fall in love. Was I in love?
No.
No.
No.
I felt anger, of me, for being stupid enough to refuse a night with Ruby Jane. My will was to return to that club and fuck her until I couldn't anymore. But I wouldn't do it. I would just treat Jennie in a cold way just like she deserved. 

-----

Bad mood, anger and impatience.
Those three words defined that day. I took a sip of the strongest Whiskey as breakfast, and then I left for Manoban's Industry. The traffic was hellish, just like my state of mind. I closed my eyes and the images of Vero and Jennie made itself present, just like during all the hours that I hadn't been able to sleep that night.
I remembered the wasted moment with Ruby Jane.
Shit.
I honked one, two, three times to the rusty car ahead. If he didn't have money to buy a better car it was better to stay off the streets.
Minutes later I parked in my presidential spot, and went towards the elevators. The employees rushed to their proper places as usual. I walked among them with a deadly gaze. I entered the elevator and on the tenth floor I saw Hyunji enter in it as well.
"Good Morning, ma'am." the woman greeted me, but I didn't even answer.
And after a few floors, the beep of the elevator signaled that I had arrived where I wanted.
I got out of the elevator, and stared at the brunette sitting at her desk. I passed by her without even saying a word.
I entered my office slamming the door shut. Within minutes Jennie walked in, staring at me curiously and fearful.
"Good Morning... ma'am."
I turned to the woman, staring at her with fury.
"Good Morning, Miss Kim." I spoke in a sarcastic way.
Jennie looked at the floor and then stared at me.
"I wanted to talk to you."
"About what?" I asked straightening some papers on my desk.
"About yesterday, I'm sorry."
"Hyunji improved, right? I saw her a few minutes ago, she seemed to be perfectly fine."
"Yes, she got better after."
"I imagine." I spoke dryly.
How could she keep lying? God.
"Are you going to stay mad at me?"
My will was to tell her everything, tell her that I saw her in Jisoo's arms. But I couldn't, I wouldn't expose myself to ridicule that way.
"Hello Bitch!"
Jisoo walked in with a plastered smile, further increasing my fury that morning.
"Good Morning, Jen."
"Good Morning, Jisoo."
I stared at the two of them, shaking with anger that only I could feel. I loved Jisoo, but I couldn't bear the idea of her having Jennie. No, not Jennie.
"Do you need anything, ma'am?"
"I want to be alone."
Jisoo and Jisoo stared at me without understanding.
"I came to talk to you, Manoban." Jisoo spoke sitting down "And I'm not leaving here until I do it."
Jennie swallowed hard and left.
"What do you want?" I asked coldly, taking a sip of Whiskey.
"First I want to know the reason why you are in a very bad mood."
I stared at Jisoo, and for brief seconds I had the urge to kill her.
"It's none of your business."
"God, the rudeness struck and stayed."
"I'm glad you know. What are you doing here, Kim? I am a very busy person."
"What's your problem, woman?" Jisoo asked raising her voice tone.
"At the moment? YOU!" I almost shouted, palming my hands on my desk, staring at the woman with anger.
"What did I do to you?"
"Don't play the saint, Jisoo, because of that you have nothing."
"And you have?" she spoke sharply.
"At least I don't stay hitting on what's yours."
"What? What are you talking about?" the woman asked confused.
I shook my head and started walking from one side to the other. Jisoo left her place and came towards me.
"Speak now!"
"What do you want?"
"I want you to speak, how can I be hitting on what's yours?"
"Jennie. Or you think I didn't saw you two?"
"God, what did you see?" she snapped.
"It doesn't matter. Shut your mouth and get out!"
"I'm not leaving until you explain me this, Lisa Manoban!"
"I don't have to explain anything. Get out!"
I said walking towards the door.
"Now!" I shouted to her who walked towards me, without taking her eyes off mine.
"You will regret treating me like this." those were her last words before she left.
I saw the look of fear that Jennie had from the other side of the door. And then I closed it.
In a few minutes the door opened, giving room for Tzuyu to get in. God could only be punishing me that day, there was no other possibility.
"Hi, baby." Jisoo said sitting in front of me.
"Tzuyu, I'm not on a good day, please."
"What's happening, Lis? I heard your fight with Jisoo, and it was too ugly."
"Don't you know that listening to other people's conversations is impolite?"
"Honey, with how much you shouted, it was hard not to hear." she spoke in an ironic way.
I had to have a lot of patience to endure so much disturbance in my life.
"Whatever."
"You need to calm down, baby." Tzuyu said walking towards me.
Her hands went towards my shoulders, massaging them in a delicate and relaxing way. I closed my eyes just enjoying the minimum that that woman could offer me.
"I told you that this type of woman is not of good character. They just want to climb in life at other people's expenses. It admires me that Jisoo is doing you so wrong like that." Tzuyu said while still massaging my shoulders.
I didn't want to think about that. I wanted to believe that they had nothing, Jisoo seemed to not understand the reason for my anger.
"You should trust only in who you already know, and not in those women that you just met."
What was Tzuyu talking about? And why was she speaking in plural? For a split second I felt that Tzuyu knew more than she should. Of silly that one didn't have absolutely anything. I opened my eyes as soon as Jennie entered my office, the woman stared at me with a face of few friends when she saw Tzuyu glued on me. Shit.
"I need to speak with you, ma'am." Jennie said angrily, staring at me.
I looked at Tzuyu who backed away.
"Well I'm already going, see you later, baby. And remember, trust me." the woman spoke getting out of the office, leaving me alone with Jennie.
"What's going on, Lisa? What was that with Jisol?"
"Do you feel sorry for her? Well go after her." I spoke angrily.
"I just don't see a reason for it."
"You don't? Jennie do you think I'm an asshole?"
Jennie squinted her eyes without understanding.
"Why?"
"I know that Hyunji didn't have any shit! I saw you..."
Jennie stood paralyzed, without the slightest reaction.
"With Jisoo, in front of your building."
The woman let out her breath.
"Lisa..." she approached.
"Don't come near me."
"I met Jisoo by chance."
"Of course, I believe that. Receiving so many phone calls. Right?"
"I swear to you. How can you think that I would leave you there to go out with another? You really don't know me."
For a split second I faltered. My thoughts took care of thinking that Jennie wasn't that type of woman, she wouldn't do such a shitty thing to me. But she was there with Jisoo, and I saw her with my own eyes.
"I don't want to know, ok? I saw you two!"
"And what did you see? A hug?"
I shook my head, walking away from her.
"It doesn't matter, you lied!"
"I didn't lie, Lisa! Stop being childish."
I huffed.
"Leave me alone if you don't want things to get worse."
"Lisa!"
"Leave, Jennie."
Jennie stared at me angry, it was clear in her eyes. The woman walked out of my office letting out fire through her nostrils.
Shit! Women are only good to give you headaches.
"Hey hey, what bad mood is this?"I heard Hugo speak as he entered my office.
Today my office would be busy.
"What happened, Hugo?"
"I came to ask you what's going on. I encountered Jisoo in the elevator and she seemed to be bad."
I rolled my eyes.
"She should've thought about it first."
"What are you talking about?"
"Did you go out with Hyunji yesterday?" I asked as who didn't want anything.
"No, she canceled. She was feeling very bad, those female problems, you know?"
"Are you sure?"
"Jesus, of course I'm sure, Lisa! Hyunji even asked for medicine. She seemed to be having a baby when I called her."
I let out a laugh without meaning to.
"You wouldn't understand."
"And I don't even want to. God forbid."
For a moment my anger lessened. But not entirely, Jennie and Jisoo still had met. Even Hyunji's situation being real, I was too proud to go after Jennie and apologize, and I wouldn't even think about Jusoo right now.
The day dragged on, Jennie and I didn't exchange one single word. The woman really seemed to have been upset with the situation, and her mood got worse when she saw me with Tzuyu. Would that be jealousy?
I smiled even without wanting, it was at least comical. Jennie and I didn't have a concrete relationship, but the feeling of possession over the other already made itself evident. Her scowling face during the entire day made me laugh. I could only be going crazy, first an outbreak of anger, and now laughter? God.
At the end of the working hours the employees started to leave. Jennie was one of the last to leave. I stayed in my office, until the brunette walked in. Her countenance was still serious.
"Do you need anything else, ma'am?"
I stared at Jennie's body in the most blatant way I could, making the woman swallow hard.
"No, not at the moment."
"Well then, I'm leaving, excuse me."  Jennie didn't even wait for my answer and left.