Chapter 31

"Confrontation"

Please, for a better reading, when I indicate on the chapter listen to the song "Crazy In Love by Beyonce (Fifty Shades Of Grey version)", and put it on repeat bc the part is long :)

Lisa's POV

"Jennie Ruby Jane"
No...
It's not possible.
I stood there paralyzed, staring at the woman walk in until she was out of sight. I closed my eyes, squeezing my hands tightly on the steering wheel. A sudden rage took over my body, a sort of frenzy of hatred heated up every cell there. God, this could only be effect of the alcohol, there was no other explanation. I looked at both sides, the road was dark and empty, I got out of the car. Jennie would give me a good explanation for this.
I walked towards the gate, walking from one side to the other trying to convince myself of the stupid idea of going up and end this entire charade. I looked between the bars of the gate, not seeing any sign of Ruby Jane. I couldn't do this, I wasn't impulsive or emotional. But in that instant my body screamed for immediate answers, but I couldn't, that wasn't me. On the contrary, I was cold and extremely crafty. I walked hurriedly to the vehicle that was on the other side of the street with the door wide open, entering it and closing the door harshly.
"Idiot! Stupid!" I shouted punching the steering wheel several times.
I could kill someone in that instant with the rage that consumed me. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, letting the oxygen get to my brain or I'd at any moment die right there. I looked one more time at the building where Jennie lived, leaving the idea of unmasking her for later.
I turned on the ignition, starting the car and getting out of there towards my apartment.
The sky was still clouded and loaded with rain being cut time or another with lightning rays. That night couldn't get any worse. I got out of the car slamming the door shut and following towards the elevator of the huge building.
Fucking stripper.
The first thing I did when I entered my apartment was pour myself a glass of Whiskey, I drank the liquid at once, closing my eyes and feeling it tearing everything as it went down, leaving behind only the burning inside me.
"How can you be so stupid, Lisa?! The son of a bitch fooled you all this time! And still acted the role of good girl! Bitch."
I walked towards the deck of my apartment, lying down on one of the loungers under the awning . Everything was starting to make sense now. That's why Ruby Jane never took off her mask for me, the eyes so familiar, the so fucking perfect bodies, the similar reactions, God, what spell had that woman cast on me? Precisely on me.
God.
Jennie lied to me all this time. She shouldn't have, she shouldn't.
She didn't know with whom she had messed with, if there was something that I hated was to be deceived. Jennie Ruby Jane played with me during all this time, manipulating me like a puppet of her little theater play.
I shook my head, still processing the world of information that started to connect in me. All the moments, the kisses, the gazes. Everything was coming together in a replete lie:

"What? I'm not doing anything, Lisa!"
"You control me, with your actions. But don't get too excited, I'm the owner of my wills."
"Prove it, do something you want."
I longed to kiss that mouth but the small mask she was wearing hinder my chance, I wanted to see her before. I brought my hand to her face, to take off her mask, so I could finally see her face, but quickly her small hands landed on top of mine, preventing my action.
"Don't even think about it..." she whispered looking into my eyes.

And in all this time she made me believe her story, how many had already fallen in her net?

No...
I could only have drunk too much.
I rubbed my eyes to see better but the young lady with wavy brown hair that danced in such a sensual way, she had her back to me, but still, I could swear that I knew her.
Lisa you are going crazy.
She wasn't unknown to me, I knew that body, that way of wiggling. I couldn't be dreaming, or hallucinating like that, it was her, it was Ruby Jane. 
I stood up from the couch where I was, walking closer to the brunette. Passing between the people that danced frantically to the sound of the beat that filled the club, the lights flashing made everything more difficult.
My nervous system worked faster, my hands were sweating, my vision and my hearing were sharper. It must have been the effect of the drink running through my body.
I stopped practically a meter away from the brunette, who wiggled in such a sensual way, there was no mistake, it was her. Ruby Jane lowered herself to the ground, gripping her hair, making me lose all my senses. I got closer to her and held her waist, making her turn to me.
"What are you..." she started speaking but stopped when she saw it was me.
I closed my eyes, blinking several times, there was something wrong. It wasn't her.
"Miss Kim?" I asked confused.
She was immobile, just staring at me, scared. What the hell was happening? A few minutes ago I could swear that it was Ruby Jane, and it was Jennie? Surely I had drunk too much. We held our gaze long enough for me to notice how beautiful she was tonight, her white dress, tight, outlining the curves of her body. Her brown eyes now uncovered of their usual glasses, staring at me, indecipherable. Her mouth half-open, letting out a nervous breath.