Chapter 21

"The Payback"

Lisa's POV

What was happening with the women of this world? Were they all going crazy? Only that explained the enormous mess that my day had been. How could things turn upside down in such a short time? Obviously I had a good amount of blame in the situation, but maybe I had forgotten the consequences that it could cause.
After Ruby Jane's rejection I was returning to the loneliness of my apartment. Arriving there I threw my shoes in a corner of the living room, and lay down on the soft couch, taking a deep breath trying to calm my brain that processed too many information in a short span of time.
I was trying to understand the reason for Ruby Jane rejecting me. I didn't remember anything that I could've done to cause such anger in the woman. Had she seen me with someone? Had she seen me with Jennie? No, no. Very unlikely, Jennie and I had only gotten close recently, but the bonds had already been cut in the harshest and rudest way possible, all my fault. I regretted that, the last person that deserved to be treated like that was her. A feeling of regret took over me that instant, and remembering all the moments in which she had made me feel better and happy only increased the guilt I was feeling.
I closed my eyes recreating in my mind all the moments that had been marked in me:

"Is everything okay?"
"Yes, I was just thinking."
"Can I know about what?" I asked getting closer to her.
Jennie stared at me calmly to then speak.
"About how this here is being good."
Her eyes seemed to express those words in such a sincere way.
"I'm going to tell you a secret." I whispered to her as I got even closer.
"I am also loving this here." I whispered in my ear, noticing that her entire body shivered. She lowered her head and smiled.
"Do you mind if I lay my head on your lap? I don't want to seem abused, but since I am..."
"There's no problem, you can lie down."
Jennie spoke serenely. I put some things aside, and lay down on her lap.
"Chu is going to kill me, I'm lying on the lap of her conquest. Or Kai, right?"
"I don't have anything with either of them."
"Great then. I don't want to get into arguments with anyone because of jealousy from one of your suitors, Miss Kim."
[.....]
"I like you, Jennie." I said in the most sincere way I could. The young woman stayed calm, just analyzing my words.
"Perhaps in years, you are the only woman that I met who makes me feel so at ease, you know? And in just a little time. I know we have a working relationship, but I don't regret at all having brought you to spend this weekend with me, or to have let you meet a little bit of my life, that I guarantee only a few people know."
"I don't even know what to say, Lisa... only that I am loving being here with you, and that surely you took me from a depressing weekend." she smiled shyly "And that I feel good with you, I like your friendship".
Friendship, was that what I felt for her? It was inexplicable how Jennie could improve my day so easily. I didn't have how to explain the huge amount of trust that she transmitted me. Her eyes conveyed me good things, pleasurable sensations that I had already forgotten. I stared at that woman for long seconds, admiring the beauty that only she could have. Until I felt a raindrop fall on my face.
"Did you feel this?" I asked suspiciously.
"What?"
Her voice tone was confused.
"This!" I said when I felt another raindrop.
She smiled, probably thinking I was crazy. But soon she realized what I was talking about.
"Wait... Are you talking about...?"
She didn't even had time to finish the sentence when the sudden storm started.
"Oh God! Lisa!" Jennie shouted standing up.

No. No, Lisa!
I opened my eyes trying to dissolve the memories of that weekend. There was no point in crying over spilled milk, as they said around. Now it was time to move on, and try at least to make the woman stop hating me.
I got up from the couch, dragging myself to the bathroom. A hot bath would solve my pure tension for a few moments. I stayed soaking in the tub for half an hour, and yet, those women disturbed my thoughts. In these moments I wondered if straight girls were so disturbed by their husbands. Or maybe women were more complicated.
Two things were stopping me from relaxing.
The first: The reason why Ruby Jane had snubbed me.
Second: What had happened at lunch between Chu and Jennie.
I didn't like the idea of them together. Chu has always been a predator, and to think about the possibility of her having Jennie at the mercy of her desires caused me a nuisance that I couldn't explain. I could very well ask Iglesias as who didn't want anything, drag some answers out of her without the woman even realizing it. But even if I had the answers, what could I do? Absolutely nothing.
My world was turned inside out by two women with whom I had absolutely nothing with. It was too much for me, I was no longer the reckless teenager from years ago, the situation would have to be resolved.
I decided not to care, Chu was the key for me to back away in a personal way from Miss Kim. But about Ruby Jane, I would still find out, that situation wouldn't stay like this.