Chapter 48

Checkmate

Tzuyu’s POV
Lisa seemed restless. Her expression was serious, with her jaw clenched and her eyes narrowed. I remained calm, despite the nervousness and euphoria of that moment. We were now inside her car on our way to Imperium, where in this instant Ruby Jane should be starting to dance.
“We can turn around and not go there.” I let out feigning concern.
Lisa took her eyes from the road and laid them on me.
“Don't you want to prove me your theory? Or did you realize that you are telling me a bunch of bullshit?” her voice tone came out thick and rude. Making my body tremble.
I really hoped that everything worked out in that moment, or surely Lisa would kill me. And I wouldn't have how to defend myself.
“I'm telling the truth, Lisa. I’m just worry about you.” I said touching her arm lightly.
The woman shook her head and continued the way. Soon we were driving into the huge parking lot of the club, and at every movement that Lisa made my heart pounded. She stopped the car and took off the belt, getting out quickly. I just took a deep breath and followed the woman who walked into Imperium as if she was going to kill someone. She really seemed to be out of herself.
“Where are you going?” I asked in hurried steps behind her.
“I'm going to look for Jennie, if she's not out here she must be in the private rooms.”
Lisa spoke as she walked towards the huge corridor. She opened room by room, and they were all empty. That was starting to scare me, but there was still one door there. And that's where she went. I could hear the sound of her heels echoing down the corridor, Lisa took a deep breath and opened the door. Seeing everything that I always expected.
Ruby Jane was kneeled on the floor, taking off the bottom half of her outfit. I quickly laid eyes on Lisa that stared at the woman in a static way. Her expression was simply unreadable, until she took a deep breath and approached both women with fury.
“Are you enjoying playing with your little sister, you slut?!”
Lisa's voice echoed inside the room, making the stripper get up scared. Even with the mask I could see the brunette's surprised expression. Seulgi stood up quickly and stared at us in the same way.
“Lisa...” I could see Jennie whisper as she covered her body.
“This can only be a joke!” Lisa shouted.
“Lisa, calm down.” I tried to speak as I approached the woman. That in the same instant pushed me away.
“Calm down? You want me to calm down after seeing all this shit?! Calm down?! After seeing her dancing for the woman that I hate most in life?”
Ruby Jane came down from the small stage and approached slowly, probably afraid of what was to come. The music that played in the background stopped leaving only the scary silence in that place.
“Baby...” Jennie's voice came out trembling and low.
“Don't call me that, don't you even dare call me like that, Ruby Jane!” Lisa backed away.
“Oh my God, Lisa, don't be exaggerated.” Seulgi let out arrogantly.
Making Lisa face her with fury. The woman in an instant was face to face with Seulgi.
“Shut your mouth if you don't want me to blow up your face.”
Seulgi laughed in a mocking way.
“Are you really going to hit me?”
“If necessary, I will, yes. I'll put you in the place you deserve, deforming that face of yours, you son of a bitch.” Lisa spoke with so much anger that I could see the veins in her neck pop out.
How wonderful could that be? The scene was simply wonderful. If it was from a movie the drama would already be complete. Lisa was totally furious, Seulgi on the other hand didn't want to lose her pose. And Jennie, ahh Jennie was terrified, with a static expression.
“Lisa...” Jennie touched her arm “I can explain.”
Lisa turned towards the brunette with squinted eyes.
“Explain?” she asked incredulously, taking a step forward “What do you want to explain, Jennie?” she took another step “That you are making me a fool all this time?” another one “That you were dancing like a whore for this bitch?!” she shouted.
“No, baby, I can explain. It's not what it looks like.” she spoke visibly nervous.
“Don't call me baby! Stop trying to explain this shit! There's no explanation for such an act like this one! I have nothing to hear from you!”
“Don't be unfair with me. Let me at least explain.”
“There's no explanation for this shamelessness! There's no explanation for this, Jennie! You are a lying bitch! Who cheats on me with the first that shows up! Have you no shame? How could I believe you?!”
Jennie took a step back with her eyes glazed on Lisa. She was scared, nervous.
“How can you lie to me like this? Cheat on me like this, especially with this woman.” Lisa's tone was laden with hurt.
“I'm not cheating on you, Lisa.” she put both her hands on Lisa's face “I swear.”
Lisa laughed scornfully.
“Do you really think that I'll believe you, Jennie?! I could believe in anyone from this club that it would have the same weight as your words, in short : nothing. And you still want to play the good girl? What did you want? My money? Is that it?!”
Ruby Jane took a deep breath as if she was controlling her impulses. And Lisa uttered the words with irony.
“How can you think that about me? I've been by your side all this time without any interest! I can't believe that you are saying these things to me!” Ruby Jane cried out in a beautiful desperation.
“It's not what it looks! You lie! You lied the first time and I was dumb enough to believe in you!”
Jennie lowered her head and I could hear her sobs amid the tears. I could even have pity if I didn't hate her so much.
“I'm not lying, I'm not. Understand me...” she said crestfallen.
Lisa approached her and lifted her face, practically forcing her to look into her so revolted eyes.
“With how many people here did you sleep with while you were with me? Do they pay you well?!”
Jennie let the tears trickle down, and I could see for an instant that Lisa felt like faltering. That could not happen.
“You are an idiot, prepotent, arrogant! I did this for you! And you judge me like this! You don't even know the reason of all this!”
Lisa's laughter echoed, making Jennie's sobs barely audible.
“How can you be so cynical? You still really want to continue with this good girl drama?”
“I don't need any drama! I'm telling the truth!”
“You don't know what truth is! You are the most false and underhanded woman that I've ever met, Ruby Jane!” she shouted with all the fury and hurt that was inside her.
“You are offending me.” she whispered wiping her tears.
“It's what you deserve! For lying like this!” she shouted.
“Lisa, baby. Stay calm, forget about this woman.” I said feigning concern, standing behind Lisa that stared at Jennie furiously.
The stripper stared at me and took the mask off her face. Her eyes had a mixture of fear and anger.
“It was you, wasn't it? You poisoned her against me!” she shouted in my direction.
I stepped in front of Lisa, facing the woman with a superior look.
“I just told the truth. That you are a worthless slut. Liar!” I shouted.
And in a small fraction of a second I felt my face get hot. Jennie hit a hard slap on my face.
“You bitch, you'll regret this!”
I didn't have time to react. Jennie attacked me in a furious way, distributing slaps at a speed that I couldn't stop her. I pulled her hair harshly trying to make her let go of me. When we fell onto the club's floor, she was sitting on top of me slapping me while I tried to hold her hands.
“You bitch! I'm gonna kill you!” she shouted, hitting me hard.
“You should never have shown up, Ruby Jane!” I shouted at her, pulling her hair hard. My nails scratched the arm of the woman that growled. Hitting my face one more time.
“You always wanted that! Right?!” she shouted.
“Oh my God!” I heard Lisa shout as she removed Jennie from above me.
“This is all your fault!” she shouted with disheveled hair.
I got up from the floor feeling my body ache.
“Let me go, I don't want you touching me!” Jennie shouted to Lisa who let her go in the same instant and came towards me.
“You're bleeding.” Lisa looked at me scared, but I just stepped in front of her again.
“Do you think that this will affect me in anything? You are a whore, yes, you are cheating on Lisa!” I spoke furiously taking a step in her direction when Lisa held me. And Seulgi quickly held Jennie.
“Ruby Jane, Jesus Christ, calm down!” Seulgi spoke to the woman.
“I will not calm down! I'll beat the shit out of that son of a bitch!”
“What's going on here?” CL showed up in the room.
Her countenance was scared and nervous. The blonde widened her eyes as soon as she stared at me. She took a step towards me, but I shook my head quickly, and she then approached Jennie.
“Honey, what happened?” she spoke worriedly. CL pretended too well.
“Of course, you were the only thing missing to complete this circus. Did you program all this?” Lisa spoke arrogantly.
“What are you talking about, Lisa?” she asked playing dumb.
“Don't play the silly, Campbell. You don't fool me! You are a lowlife pimp!” Lisa shouted.
“You better moderate your words, Manoban, don't forget that you are inside my club.”
Lisa laughed.
“And you think that this here deserves respect? You are the biggest whore in here. Your intentions are disgusting! You are an old nasty liar, who sells these women at the expense of any money.”
“Lisa!” Jennie shouted.
“You shut up!” Lisa shouted “You learned very well with her, right? I thought that you were different, Jennie. But if you continue like this, you'll have the same future as your beloved CL.”
“Dammit! Stop, I didn't do anything!”
“Oh, no? You were just cheating on me, right?”
“I didn't cheat on you!” she stressed.
“And you still insist on it?” Lisa shouted as she approached the stripper.
The two stood still facing each other, with their gazes connected.
“If you wanted my money all you had to do was say so. I'd pay, I'd pay every night for a good fuck.”
Jennie raised her hand to slap Lisa, but she in the same instant held her arm.
“Don't even think about it, Kim!”
Lisa squeezed Jennie's arm tightly, showing how uncontrolled she was.
“Let me go! You are hurting me!” she pulled her arm.
“Let her go, stop making a scene!” it was Seulgi's turn to enter the argument.
“Who do you think you are?”
“The woman that will stay with everything that's yours, Manoban.”
“Seulgi...” Jennie whispered.
“If you are referring to this bitch, you can have her. I don't even want her painted in gold.” Lisa said pointing to Jennie.
God, nothing could be better than that. Everything was going as I expected. I could celebrate right here if it were possible, but the plan wasn't over yet. Destroying the little romance was just the first step to my ascension in the empire of the Manoban's. With Lisa so hurt, it wouldn't be hard to get my place back in her life. And I knew very well that she'd never forget a betrayal like this. What Lisa had more in this life was pride. And when it was hurt, nothing made her change her mind.
“Now you’re saying that? A few hours ago you were crazy about me.” Ruby Jane came out of her weak image, showing the claws that I knew she had.
Lisa turned to face the woman with squinted eyes.
“That will never happen again, I want distance from you and from your lies.”
“Hmm, okay, Manoban. And I want distance from you, from your arrogance and from your prepotency. You deserve that viper as your woman. You match perfectly.” Ruby Jane said pointing to me.
“Tzuyu is much better than you, Jennie. She never played the saint!”
That sentence was like music to my ears, and the best of all was to see Jennie's expression.
“Better than me?” Ruby Jane laughed “You really are crazy! She managed to manipulate you so well. You are such an idiot, Manoban, so dumb. Can't you see that that woman is a snake, who only wants to suck all your money.”
“How can you be so sure?”
“No one will love you like me. It's noticeable from afar that she's a gold digger!”
“I'm disgusted by your love.” Lisa let out rudely.
I could see her take a deep breath. CL approached slowly, holding the shoulders of the dancer who quickly wiped her tears.
“Listen to what I'm going to say. Forget me, get me out of your thoughts, because of me you don't even deserve to have memories! I would've trusted you, Lisa! I wouldn't have hurt you so much, said so many ugly things. You have no idea how much you hurt me today, you have no idea the damage you caused in me!” she shouted amid tears “Idiot, asshole! You'll be sucked by that false who only wants your money!” she pushed Lisa, who stepped back a few steps “You are blind by a false pride, that you don't see that my acts were for you! But stay with her, be very happy!”
“Great, I know exactly how Tzuyu is, and I prefer her. Because I know her, she doesn't lie to me. She just wants my wellbeing! And you, disappear from my life, I don't want to see you ever again. You are fired from Manoban's Industry! And don't even show up there, I'll send someone to drop your things somewhere.” she spoke backing away.
“Who do you think you are?” Jennie shouted, making her voice echo through the vacuum there.
“Don't worry, Jennie, I'm here to help you.” Seulgi spoke hugging Jennie sideways.
I could see Lisa close her hands into fists.
“Thank you, Seulgi.” she snuggled in the arms of the woman at her side, just like I wanted her to do. Jennie fell like a sucker.
“Be careful with her, she'll want your money too!” Lisa said.
“I know Jennie, Lisa. I know that she's not a bad person. She just got involved with you, that's her only flaw. But do the following, leave her path free and I'll know how to take care of her like you never knew how.”
Lisa's nostrils flared, until she looked at me.
“I'm trying to warn you of the liar that's on your side, but I don't care. You can get fucked with her.” she said turning on her back “Let's get out of this place.” she said pulling me.
Lisa left walking hurriedly towards the parking lot, she didn't say absolutely anything. And I didn't dare to interrupt that silence, her breathing was deep and mismatch. All due to the strong argument from a few minutes ago. I felt some parts of my body ache, the damn dancer was too good at fighting. But of course, coming from a periphery it couldn't be different.
We reached the parking lot and Lisa entered her car quickly, and I soon did the same entering the passenger side.
“Shit, shit, shit!” she shouted hitting the steering wheel.
“Honey, calm down.”
“How can she do this to me, Tzuyu?!”
If I wasn't mistaken, I saw tears in Lisa's eyes. If I didn't know her so well I could even say that they were of hate. She had really gotten involved with Jennie, in a way that I never expected. If I really loved Lisa, that could easily bother me. But from her I just wanted her money and power.
“There are women that are like that, baby. Just know that I'm here, ok?”
Lisa shook her head and turned on the car to get out of that place.
“I won't accept it, she lied to me.”
“The important thing is that you found out the truth. Ouch, dammit.” I exclaimed.
Lisa stared at me.
“She hurt you, I'm sorry.” her voice tone was soft.
“Don't worry, I'll do anything to defend you, Lis.”
“Thank you, Tzuyu. You always help me, try to open my eyes.”
Oh, so fragile, so surrendered. It was being easier than I expected. Really, Tzuyu, you are a great player. The plan was going as planned.
“I love you, Lisa, always did. And even if you don't love me anymore, I'm here as your friend.”
Lisa lowered her head and sighed.
“I should never have left you.”
“Don't worry, honey. Everything has its time.” I spoke hugging the woman who reciprocated.
“Thank you for real, and I'm sorry for everything.”
“You don't have to thank me and let alone apologize, I'll help you from here on out.”