3 | Introductions

"I'm so glad Sakakura is sick! I was not in the mood for his class today," Souda told Hinata the next day.

"Yeah, me too. Wanna go watch the ice hockey team practice?"

"That sounds boring as hell,"

"You're boring as hell,"

Souda sighed. "Fine, I'll come with you,"

The two friends made their way over to the ice rink and sat down in the seats. Their practice was almost over just as the two guys arrived. The players left the rink and Souda was about to get up, when Hinata grabbed his arm.

"Isn't that the candy guy?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's him,"

The pale boy put on his skates and went onto the ice. He quickly stretched his arms and legs before he began.

Hinata watched in awe as Komaeda performed spins, splits and graceful jumps. The pale boy did a pirouette. His hair and dress spun around with the movement. He looked so elegant and beautiful. It was as though each and every movement and position he was in was carefully calculated beforehand. And during all of this, he kept a friendly smile on his face. Komaeda performed a loop. Hinata had never really cared about the way people looked. Of course he noticed if someone was pretty and he had a type, but nobody's physical appearance had ever enchanted him as much as Komaeda did.

Before he knew it, three hours had passed and Komaeda got ready to leave. Souda was already gone. He hadn't even noticed his friend leaving. Of course, he got up too and hurried after Komaeda.

"Hey, dude, wait up!" He called out.

Komaeda turned around. Today he was wearing an outfit with the same cut as the last one, but this one was dark blue with golden glitter on it that resembled stars. This one said candy on his chest too.

"You were amazing, Candy! I've never seen someone move like that! You're like so flexible, it's crazy!" He said, grabbing his shoulders.

"Huh?!" Komaeda shrieked. "You were watching me?"

"Yeah! You look like a model or like an ice fairy or something! It was amazing!"

"...thank you." He smiled softly.

"You're welcome, Candy,"

"That's not my name, by the way. I'm Komaeda Nagito,"

Hinata shook his hand. "Nice to meet ya. I'm Hinata Hajime. I play basketball here. Uh, why does your costume say candy if that's not your name?"

Komaeda laughed a bit. "When I was a little kid, I really wanted to be a famous ice skater. I told my dad that I'll use Candy as a fake name because I thought it sounded cool. I just learned the word and barely knew any English. My dad thought it was really cute and promised to make my dream come true. I know I'm not famous, but he always says that I'm the world's greatest star in his eyes, so he got all my skating costumes customly tailored and designed for me. He had the taylor write Candy on all of them," He explained.

"That's a cute story," Hinata said. "Your dad seems like a cool guy,"

"Oh, he's the best dad ever! He's been my biggest supporter since day one,"

"That's awesome. Why did you start figure skating?"

Komaeda blushed a bit in embarrassment. "I had a crush on my classmate and I knew they had a crush on Shizuka Arakawa. Ah, she won the gold medal for figure skating in the 2006 Olympic Games. I wanted them to notice me so I began figure skating. I got over my crush pretty quickly, but skating was so much fun that I wanted to continue,"

Hinata chuckled. "That's a lot of work in order to impress a girl,"

Komaeda looked off to the side. "Yeah, it didn't work. Turns out he didn't like Shizuka for her ice skating skills, but rather for her pretty face,"

"He?" Hinata asked.

"Yes," He seemed a bit nervous.

"That's cool. I don't judge. I'm chill like that, you know?" He scratched the back of his neck, purposely flexing his bicep to impress the pale boy.

"Hahaha!" Komaeda giggled. "You're pretty funny, Hinata-kun. Why did you start playing basketball?"

"It's, uh... it sounds sadder than it was, but I started playing it because my twin brother was always super good at everything. I wanted to be better than him at something,"

"Oh, yes that does sound pretty depressing,"

"It was at the time, but I'm over it. My brother promised me he would never play basketball so that I had something I was good at all to myself,"

"That's sweet of him,"

"It is. He's a total sweetie pie," Hinata said, laughing. "You would love him,"

"I'd certainly love to meet him!"