10 | Ice Rink

Art by moochisun

Komaeda couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Hinata had a bike. He already thought he was amazing, but this just added onto his coolness! Maybe he had lied a bit when he said he liked bad boys in middle school. He knew it was childish and embarrassing, but when he saw a handsome guy wearing a leather jacket and holding a helmet under his arm, he just couldn't help but feel attracted to him.

He had always imagined a biker picking him up, driving him to a romantic date at the park and protecting him from any harm.

Komaeda decided to go ice skating. Here, he could go without having anyone insult him. In fact, people would be impressed by his skills.

He got onto the ice and began to skate. He didn't want to do any tricks that were too extravagant since he could accidently push someone over and hurt them.

Finally, skating felt relaxing again. He enjoyed it. Finally.

"Dude, be careful! You might fall!" A familliar voice said.

Komaeda looked around. "Huh?" He asked.

"I said I can't do it!! I'm gonna fall down!"

He turned around and saw Hinata and Souda trying to skate. Souda was holding onto the brunet.

"I'm not good at this either!" Hinata told him.

"Hinata-kun!" Komaeda called out, waving happily.

"Komaeda!" Hinata grinned, letting go of Souda, which caused him to fall onto the ice. The brunet carefully skated towards Komaeda. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. I'm a figure skater, silly. This is what I do. What about you?"

"Well-" Hinata scratched the back of his head. "You might've inspired me to try out ice skating. Just a bit,"

"Oh, that makes me really happy!" Komaeda smiled.

"Thanks for helping me up, soul bro." Souda said angrily.

"Sorry, sorry." Hinata chuckled. "You'll be fine,"

"Rude ass,"

"Yeah, whatever. Komaeda, do you wanna show me some tricks?"

"It's a bit early for that, I think. But I can try to teach you how to skate with a bit more confidence,"

"You're the pro!" Hinata nodded.

Komaeda put his hands on Hinata's shoulders. "Hold onto my waist, okay?" He asked. Hinata did so.

"Now, try your very best to keep your balance. When you fall to the right, lean to the left and vice versa,"

Hinata nodded again. Komaeda skated backwards. Hinata did his very best to keep up. After a while, he got the gist of it.

"I think I have it figured out now! I can totally do a trick!" He said to Komaeda.

"I don't think you're ready for that yet,"

"Come on, I know I can do it!"

"Fine. Lift me up then,"

"Okay!" Hinata lifted Komaeda up into the air. The weight made him lean forward ever so slightly.

"Careful now. Don't drop me,"

Hinata leaned backwards, but that made Komaeda's legs bump against him.

"Now put me down,"

"Can I spin you around?"

Komaeda shook his head no. "That's too danger- Aaah!! Hinata-kun, quit it!"

"It's not even that hard- Shit!" He slipped and fell down.

"I told you not to try it!" Komaeda scolded him, sitting up. When he noticed he was sitting on Hinata's lap, he turned bright pink. Hinata turned red in the face too. Everyone was staring...

The pale boy quickly got off of him. "S-sorry!"

"No, it's my fault. Really." He helped Komaeda up. Souda skated to them, very unsteady on his feet. "Are you guys done flirting? Can we go get some food?"

"Hell yeah! Pizza sounds so good right now!" Hinata agreed, grinning.

"...flirting?" Komaeda whispered to himself as he was dragged off of the ice.