30 | Invite

Komaeda looked at the letter in his hands, mouth agape.

"Dear Mr. Komaeda,
Due to the unfortunate circumstances that happened during your performance at Hope's Peak Academy, we would like to invite you to perform in the national sports stadium in New York City. Our team here saw your great talent and did not want you to be discouraged from performing. For further information, please e-mail us at *******@gmail.com.
Regards,

Thomas Smith of the national sports stadium team."

He let out a loud shriek. "Ohmygod! Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God!!!"

Hinata woke up. "Wha... Why are you so loud again now, we just got done-?"

"Hinata-kun!" He said, a bright smile on his face. "Sakakura-sensei gave me this letter!! I got invited to perform in New York!!" He squealed.

Hinata sat up. "For real??"

"Yes!" Tears of happiness began forming in Komaeda's eyes. "I can't believe it!"

"That's amazing, Komaeda!" He kissed his forehead. "You gotta tell your dad,"

"Yes!! Oh, I've never been so excited!!"

-

The news quickly spread around the school and the hockey players weren't happy about it. Why did Komaeda get invited and they didn't?? They couldn't do anything about it though or else they'd get expelled.

Komaeda couldn't wait. The flight would be in one month, so he had to train a lot in a very short amount of time.

Hinata watched him every time he had the chance. He had saved up some money to afford a flight ticket too. There was no way he would miss this.

The people who invited Komaeda were paying for his ticket, his hotel room and all his food. Hinata and Mr. Komaeda had to pay out of their own pockets.

"Hinata-kun, how was that?" He asked.

"Awesome!"

"That's all you've been saying whenever I ask you! Don't be scared to criticize me. I want to be perfect when I perform! Oh... I'm really nervous,"

"Babe, you're amazing. I just know no one there will be able to take their eyes off of you,"

"Really?"

"For sure." Hinata climbed over the railing. "I'm not a professional at figure skating at all, but I can tell you are,"

"I'm not,"

"You will be." He kissed him. "Everyone is rooting for you. They organized this because you got treated like shit by the other guys. No one is going to insult you or judge you,"

"...you're right. It's going to be fine. I just have to keep practicing! Could you film me?"

"Sure," Hinata got out his phone. He filmed for a while as Komaeda skated. When he was done, the pale boy looked at the video critically.

"Hm... I need to lift my leg more here... hmm... Hey, why are you zooming in on my face?"

"'Cause you're so pretty,"

"I'm supposed to be able to see my moves though,"

"Fine... let's try again then,"

"Thank you,"