33 | Back Home

As soon as Komaeda got onto stable ground again, he was swept off his feet by his boyfriend.

"That was sick, dude!" Hinata said. "That was the coolest thing I've ever seen!" He put him down and wrapped his arms around him.

His father ran to the two boys. "I'm so proud of you!" He cried. "My little angel has made it so far..."

Hinata covered his face with one hand and kissed Komaeda's cheek, making sure no one would see it. Then, he whispered into his ear.

"Sorry I can't kiss your lips right now, babe. But don't worry, I'll make sure to give you plenty of proper kisses later,"

Komaeda blushed. "You are so blunt, Hinata-kun!" He scolded.

His father took a photo of them as people began leaving the stadium. Smith left a small room from which he had been controlling the lights.

"Thank you for your performance. It was a pleasure to watch you," He told Komaeda. "You're going to make it far in life,"

"Thank you." Komaeda smiled.

"If you ever perform nearby again, I'll be sure to buy tickets. Have a nice day,"

"You too!"

Smith left after that.

His father wrapped an arm around each boy. "Who's hungry?"

"Me! I'm starving!" Komaeda exclaimed.

"What are you in the mood for?"

"Chicken and rice!"

"Chicken and rice it is then,"

-

Hinata had never seen Komaeda eat so fast and so much. Komaeda was so skinny, it was weird how much fit inside him.

"Dad, can I have another portion?" He asked, stacking his three empty plates on top of each other.

"Whatever you want, angel," He said before ordering another portion.

"Thank you!"

"Is figure skating that exhausting?" Hinata asked.

"Not that much. It's the crowd that made it hard," Komaeda explained. "I was so nervous... But I'm happy I did it!"

-

They flew back to Japan a few days later. Hinata's family was waiting for him at the airport.

His mother pulled him into a hug and then turned to Komaeda.

"I saw you on TV. It was really amazing. You're so talented!" She complimented him.

"Thank you," Komaeda said.

"I saw it too." Hinata's brother said. "Why did you get a whole stadium to yourself? No one knows who you are."

"Uhm, Izuru's a bit... you know. He just wants to know what lead up to all this," Mrs. Hinata said.

"I told you about it," Hinata told his brother.  "Why are you asking?"

"I wanted to make smalltalk. Komaeda, you are dating my brother, correct?"

"Yes,"

"Why?"

Hinata rolled his eyes. "Smalltalk ain't your thing, man. Stick to talking about strange forest creatures or whatever,"

"That got boring months ago. You are not up to date, Hajime." Kamukura said.

"Right, sorry. What do you like now?"

"Nothing. It is all boring,"

"Damn,"

Komaeda couldn't quite figure out their relationship. Did they love or hate each other? It was hard to tell.

"So, you must be be Hinata-san's parents. It's a pleasure to meet you," Mr. Komaeda said. "You can be very proud to have him as your son. He's a kind-hearted gentleman,"

Hinata turned red. "What??"

Komaeda smiled. "I agree." He kissed his cheek. "Hinata-kun is so kind,"