13 | Admirers

Komaeda was an absolute cliché when it came to his relationship with his father. He was the kind of person you'd think of when a) you were told to think of a daddy's boy or b) you were told to think of someone who uses their daddy's money to enjoy their life.

Both Hinata and Souda realized those two facts once they entered his room. He had a big canapé bed with several pillows, satin bedsheets with frills on the side and some really fluffy stuffed animals on it. He had a TV, a big heart-shaped carpet, a desk, a computer and, the most noticeable things being, shelves. There were two big bookshelf and one shelf filled with ice skates in different colors.

Hinata looked to the side and saw a door that was slightly opened. It was a walk-in closet.

"Hey, you've got so much stuff!" Hinata grinned. "If my dad spoiled me as much as your dad does with you, I'd totally have my own basketball field in my garden!"

"I'm spoiled?" Komaeda asked.

"Yeah, you are. But it's fine. Most only children are spoiled,"

Komaeda pouted and crossed his arms.

"I'm right, aren't I? If you worked as, like, a maid or something for a day you'd agree that your dad spoils you,"

Souda raised an eyebrow. "Why are you imagining Komaeda as a maid?"

Hinata turned bright red. "Imagining is a big word! Just... picturing,"

"Same thing,"

"Komaeda knows what I mean! Right, Komaeda?" Hinata said, looking at the pale boy.

"Yes, I get it, don't worry. Hinata-kun wants to see me wearing a maid dress, that's fine. You're neither the first nor the last!" He did a curtsey.

"I think he's both the first and the last to be honest," Souda said.

"No, actually. Maybe I seem like a goody-two-shoes, but I actually have had plenty of admirers in the past! Shikichi-kun may have been the first, but definetly not the last,"

"Whatever you say,"

"Hey, it's true!" Komaeda said and grabbed a box. He opened it, revealing dozens of envelopes. "These are all the love letters they sent to me,"

Hinata grabbed one of them. "Why does it say Candy on here? Did you use your codename?"

"That's private!" Komaeda snatched the letter.

"Private? Are all your dirty secrets in there?" Souda asked.

"Dirty secrets?" Komaeda put his hands on his hips. "As if I'd ever take something off for some boy I met at a disco. I have standards! I did nothing with them. I swayed them with my beauty and then had to leave them behind,"

"Damn, I didn't know you were that popular with guys," Hinata said.

"Usually, I'm the most popular. They all tend to worship me! Hope's Peak Academy is weird in that way. The guys aren't even kissing the ground I walk on... not that I deserve it anyways..." He sighed, losing all the confidence he had before quickly.

"Kissing the ground you walk on is a bit much, but you do deserve people calling you pretty and stuff," Hinata assured him.

"...thank you." Komaeda smiled softly, eyes closed.