11 | First Love

Hinata and Souda shared a big pizza while Komaeda decided to just order a small portion of fries.

"You always eat such little food," Hinata pointed out. "You don't have trouble getting yourself to eat, do you? You're pretty skinny too, so..."

"No, that's not it. I just don't have a big appetite," he explained.

"Alright, just making sure." Hinata nodded. "If you're still hungry after that, tou can have a piece of our pizza,"

"Hello no you can't!" Souda argued. "I paid for this too, you know?"

"Shut it, he'll get a piece of my side,"

"Oh, okay!" Souda grinned and gave him a thumbs up.

After they finished eating, the three of them left the ice stadium. They could hear a bike driving to the stadium and then they saw it drive to the parking lot. It was black and there was a cool looking biker sitting on it. Behind him sat a little girl in a kid's seat, holding onto him. He got off the bike and took off his helmet. He had curly black hair and brown eyes.

"Oh!" Komaeda yelped and then hid behind Hinata.

"You okay?"

"Yes..." Komaeda let out a sigh.

"Are you staring at him like that 'cause he's on a motorcycle,"

"No... I mean... that's not it entirely..."

"Do you know him?"

"Oh, Hinata-kun... he was my first love..."

"Huh?? You dated someone before?" Hinata asked.

"You did too, Hinata!" Souda reminded him, slapping the back of his head.

"Komaeda? Is that you?" A voice called out.

"No!"

He chuckled. "It is you! I'd recognize that voice anywhere." He walked towards them, the little girl holding onto his hand.

"Komaeda-kun!" She said, smiling.

The pale boy nervously looked around. "You know we're not supposed to talk anymore..."

"Your dad's not here and my mom isn't either. And who are you guys?" He asked.

"Komaeda's friends,"

"Mhm! We met at Hope's Peak. The two of them play basketball," Komaeda explained.

"Basketball, huh? How cute." The guy crossed his arms.

Hinata clenched his fists. "You're cute!"

"Thanks, but I'm not interested. You're not my type,"

The brunet furrowed his eyebrows. "Komaeda, you actually dated this fool?"

"He wasn't a fool when I was dating him," Komaeda said. "Shikichi-kun, why are you being so rude? Hinata-kun is really kind,"

"I didn't mean to be rude... sorry. I guess it's just not easy to know you've moved on so well. Sorry, Hinata. And sorry, other guy,"

"The name's Souda!"

"Right. Uh... I guess Hana and I should just go skate now. See you around,"

"...I'd like to see you again, Shikichi-kun. But I mean as friends. Nothing more, okay?"

Shikichi smiled. "Sounds great,"

"Shikichi Souta!" Someone yelled. "What did I tell you about getting close to my sweet angel ever again after what you did?!" It was Komaeda's father.

"...to not do it?"

"Exactly."

"Dad, you're way too strict with him! It was one time and he didn't mean to do it and I mean... it wasn't nice for him either. I'm okay!"

"He's too dangerous. I won't let anything happen to you, angel. I have to keep you save,"

Komaeda pouted. "You're so mean..."

"I'm just looking out for you. Now, let's go home, okay?" He rubbed his back. "I'm sorry if I made you sad. I know Shikichi-kun is a nice boy, but he's too dangerous to spend time with you. Hinata-san, other guy, do you want me to drive you home too?"

"It's Souda Kazuichi, damn!"

"That would be awesome. Sir,"

"Alright, come with me then,"