34 | Scout

"Hinata-kun, that was amazing!" Komaeda called out, running towards him after a game. The brunet pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you!"

"Good job, as always!" Nanami said.

A man approached them. He was wearing a suit and holding a notebook. "Excuse me. Hinata-san, correct?"

"Uh, yeah. How can I help you?"

"My name is Sato Akio. I'm a scout for the Kawasaki vultures. You're very talented." He handed him his card. "If you're interested in joining, give me a call, okay?"

Hinata nodded, smiling. "Thanks, I will,"

"I'm looking forward to it. Have a nice day," Then, he left.

"WHAT??" Hinata exclaimed. "The kawasaki vultures???"

"Is that a famous team..?" Komaeda asked.

"They're amazing!" Hinata practically shouted.

Souda hit him on his back. "Soul bro, that's amazing!"

"I gotta call my parents! Be right back!" Hinata ran off, excited.

Souda grabbed Komaeda by his shoulders. "Dude, my soul bro is getting scouted!" He yelled. "I could throw you at a wall I'm so happy!" He lifted him up.

"Please don't,"

"Please do!" Mioda yelled, mischievous.

Hinata ran back to them, still holding his phone. He was grinning brightly. He laughed, turning it on speaker. "Say it again, Izuru!"

"No."

"Say it!"

"No."

"Say it!" Hinata shouted.

"Fine. You are better at basketball than me."

"Ha! Did you hear that??" He laughed. "You thought I was lame and now I'm ten times better than you'll ever be! Haha!"

"That was like twelve years ago. Get over it."

"Boohoo. You're just sad 'cause you're not as good as me. Anyway, I gotta go. Love you, bye!" He hung up. "Did you hear that??" He asked. "I'm faster, better, stronger, cooler, greater than him! Man, I'm so happy I could throw you at a wall, Souda!"

"Hinata-kun... if you join that team, you'll leave this school, right?"

"Yeah, probably,"

Komaeda hugged himself. "I don't want to be here without you..."

"Come on, it'll be fine. Who knows how long it's gonna take me to join? And you just performed in New York and on TV twice. Everyone loved it. I bet you'll be outta here before me,"

"Really? Then... I have to start joining competitions again!" He decided. "I stopped for years because dad said it was bad for my mental health, but I can handle harsh judges! I'll join so I can make money off of figure skating. And then I'll do more professional performances!" He planned it all out.

"Great idea, babe." Hinata pat his shoulder. "See? It's gonna be just fine. Don't worry." He kissed his forehead.

-

Hinata had given the scout and call and Komaeda signed up for several competitions. The two of them spent a lot of time training.

One evening, Hinata was training on the outdoor basketball court. The sun had set but due to it being summer it was still warm.

He dunked the ball and then whiped the sweat off his face. He had been training for hours and even Souda had left now due to being too tired.

"That was so cool," Komaeda said. Hinata turned around, surprised. The pale boy walked towards him, smiling.

"Since when were you here?"

"I got here just now." He wrapped his arms around Hinata's neck. "And you already scored a point. You're the best." He kissed him.

"Thanks, babe. I wish I had your kisses to motivate me during games,"

"You can't have then during games, but... well, maybe you could have them after. For every point you score during training or games, I give you one little kiss later,"

"Just a little one?" Hinata dipped him, smirking.

"Yes, just a little one. Otherwise you won't control yourself,"

"What? You're acting like I'm some kinda animal. I'm the king of self-control,"

"Ehh,"

"Ehh??"

"What about last Tuesday? You went a little wild on me there," Komaeda teased.

"That was one time, man..."

Komaeda giggled. "Come on, let's go to bed,"

"I gotta keep practicing,"

"Sure you do, Michael Jordan. Tomorrow. Okay?" He held onto Hinata's arm.

"Fine..."