23 | Fight

While Komaeda was gone, the school was more peaceful. That upset Hinata. They bullied him so badly that the only time there was a normal day was when he wasn't there.

After training, he took off his shirt and whiped his sweat with it. He was extremely exhausted.

"You did so well, soul bro!" Souda shouted, grinning.

"It's so damn hot..." Hinata muttered.

Oowada slapped him on the back of his neck. "I think we're finally getting our team spirit back!" He laughed.

Hinata shook his head. "Don't you dare think I forgot what you did to Komaeda,"

"That was so long ago! Get over it, man! It's his fault anyway,"

Hinata shot him a death glare. "How about you go fuck yourself?"

"How about you kiss my ass?!" Oowada said, raising his fists.

"You'll be kissing the floor when I'm done with you!" Hinata threatened, crackling his knuckles.

"Stop that behavior right now!" Coach Sakakura shouted so loud everyone stopped what they were doing. "What's going on here?!"

"He started a fight for no fucking reason!" Oowada yelled.

"Shut up, no I didn't!" Hinata shouted.

"Fuck you!" Oowada yelled.

"I'll fuck you!" Hinata threatened.

"-up!" Souda added.

"Stop it!" Sakakura shouted again. "Oowada, twenty push-ups! Now!"

"But-!"

"Now! And Hinata, you come with me! And put your shirt back on!" He lead Hinata away from the other guys and put his hands on his hips. "What was that about? You and Oowada used to get along great,"

"This is all because they treat Komaeda like shit! I'm so tired of it!"

"I get that, but you can't go around picking fights with your teammates,"

"Then my teammates shouldn't go around picking fights with Komaeda!"

"Yeah, they shouldn't. But you're the captain. It's admirable that you wanna defend him and you can do that, but I want you all to keep your private lives out of the game,"

"I am! This is after the game and I'm allowed to be mad at him!" Hinata argued.

"I still don't want you two fighting. It's ruining the team spirit,"

Hinata shook his head. "No! Them being pieces of shit is ruining the team spirit!"

"Captain," Sakakura said. "You gotta stay calm and collected no matter what. They're counting on you,"

"You're not listening to me! What about Komaeda??"

"I don't know, that's his business,"

Hinata gritted his teeth. Nobody was listening to him. Nobody was helping Komaeda. He stormed off and made his way to his dorm. It was so fucking stupid! No one cared! No one did anything about he bullying even after he was humiliated and had that broadcasted on TV!

On the way, he bumped into someone and pushed them over.

"Ouch!"

"Shit, sorry! Are you okay- Komaeda??"

"Hinata-kun!" The pale boy got up, smiling.

"Are you feeling better already?"

"Yes!" Komaeda nodded.

Hinata wrapped his arms around him. "That's good. The past few days have been weird, I'm so glad you're back,"

"Why were they weird?"

"Not to sound arrogant, but lots of girls like me and I don't know why. Like, they're breaking up with their boyfriends to date me,"

Komaeda smiled. "I think I know why and I can't really blame them,"

"You know why?? Tell me!"

"When my performance was shown on TV, they also showed how you took care of me after it and helped me calm down. I couldn't fully appreciate it in the moment, but it looked really attractive from the outside," He explained.

Hinata turned red. "It did??"

"Yes, it did,"

"You thought it was attractive?"

"I mean... I didn't not think it was attractive,"

"Cool. Coolcoolcoolcoolcool," Hinata said. "So all those girls like me 'cause I treated you well?"

"I suppose so, yes. Uhm... did you go out with any of them?"

Hinata nodded. "Yeah,"

"Oh... I see,"

"She was kinda annoying though, so I don't wanna see her again,"

Komaeda smiled and fell forward. Hinata caught him. "You okay?"

"Mhm, I guess I'm still a bit dizzy. But luckily you have such strong arms to catch me,"

Hinata chuckled. "Anytime, baby-" He shut his mouth. They both stared at each other. Komaeda took a step backwards.

"I meant like-"

"You said-"

"In the sense that-"

"I thought-"

"Let's forget that happened,"

"Good idea!"