14 | Comforting

After their breakup, Mr. Komaeda had made his son block Shikichi. Now that they wanted to get back in contact, he unblocked him and they began talking again. He had gotten in contact with Hinata too. Now, both him and Komaeda were watching his basketball match against another school.

"We are so sorry for being late!" A girl said, sitting down nearby. Nanami was between her and Komaeda.

"Hi, Komaeda-kun," Nanami said.

"You guys are here too? That's awesome!"

"Yep. Mioda-san should be here anyyyy-"

"Haiii!!"

"-minute,"

The colorful girl sat down too. "Hajimeeeee!!" Mioda screamed. "You can do ittt!!" She cheered.

Hinata scored the most points. It seemed like Oowada was trying to compete with him. Weren't they supposed to be on the same team?

Once the game was over, his friends surrounded Hinata.

"Congrats, Hinata-kun!!" Komaeda said as Hinata hugged him.

"Thank you,"

"I knew you could do it!" The girl that Komaeda didn't know said. "You absolutely demolished them!"

"Thanks, Sonia,"

"Sonia? That's quite an unusual name," Komaeda pointed out.

"That is because I am not from Japan," She said, bowing down.

"Sonia-san is a European princess!" Souda said, grinning and blushing.

"Yeah. And you're supposed to stay at least 3 meters away from her at all times," Hinata told him.

Sonia nodded. "Correct. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Sonia Nevermind. I play tennis at Hope's Peak Academy," she said to Komaeda.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Komaeda Nagito and I'm a figure skater,"

"How interesting! Figure skaters are truly admirable." She smiled.

"Ah... thank you,"

"We should really meet up during our break weeks sometime! We could go to a diner or something," Mioda suggested.

"I would love to," Komaeda agreed.

-

Once the girls left, Komaeda decided to go train on the ice rink. He trained for a few hours before he stopped. The hockey guys entered the arena and began laughing when they saw him. Komaeda frowned as he took off his skates.

"How did you like that game?" One of them asked. That surprised Komaeda. Was he actually trying to make smalltalk?

"It was amazing! Hinata-kun did so well!"

"Really? Did you have fun?"

"Mhm, I had lots of fun." He stood up, smiling.

"Right. People like you always love watching when actual athletes do the hard work," He said, angry.

Komaeda pushed past him. "Just leave me alone already!" He yelled and ran all the way to Hinata's dorm. When the brunet opened the door, he began to cry and threw himself on the bed.

"What happened?? Are you okay??" Hinata asked, rubbing his back.

"No! Wh-why are girls so much nicer than guys?! A-all the girls think it's so c-cool that I do ice skating, but- but the guys h-hate me because of it!" He cried into the pillow. Hinata ran his fingers through Komaeda's hair.

He sighed. "It's because they're lonely pieces of shit who either don't get any or just don't have any love at home," he told Komaeda.

"...d-do you think I'm lazy?"

"Not at all." Hinata promised. "No one with half a brain could think that. You're amazing, Komaeda. You look better than all of them combined and you're better on ice. All they do his hit a puck and then scream about it,"

Komaeda giggled a bit and sat up. He sniffled and whiped his tears. "I-isn't that kinda like what you do? You know, you throw a ball and then scream about it,"

Usually, Hinata would get really angry if someone made fun of his basketball skills, but not with Komaeda. He chuckled.

"Kinda, yeah. See? Your sport requires way more elegance. I can dribble and throw a ball into a basket, but you can do stretches I couldn't do in my wildest dreams. You look like an angel when you skate, Komaeda. I'm serious,"

"Really?"

"Absolutely. Ignore the others, okay?" Hinata cupped his cheek. "You're the coolest student at this school. Literally,"