20 | Visitor

Hinata opened the door. There stood Shikichi. "Oh, hey, man. What are you doing here?"

"Uh, I just wanted to hang out with you,"

Hinata stepped aside. "Come in,"

"Alright," he said, sitting down on Hinata's bed. He smiled. "I like your decor,"

Hinata chuckled. "Thanks. I call it 'not cleaning up and having a roommate who throws everything on your side of the room',"

Shikichi laughed. "Komaeda-kun doesn't have a roommate though, does he?"

"No, he doesn't. But he's actually at home right now. He got a concussion,"

"Shit, what happened??"

"Nobody knows. He forgot due to the injury and no one saw what happened. I bet it was one of the damn hockey guys though." He sat down next to Shikichi.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He might not be all buff like you guys, but he's tough. He made it through being born too early, he survived the motorcycle accident even though the doctors said he was done for, he's gonna be just fine. This is nothing,"

Hinata nodded. "You're right. Thanks, man,"

Shikichi smiled at him. "You're welcome. You can... always talk to me, you know?"

Suddenly, the mood felt weird. What was Shikichi getting at? He seemed a bit... off.

"Uh, yeah." He nodded again. "Thanks,"

The air got awkward again. Neither of them knew what to say. Shikichi was just looking at Hinata as the brunet thought about what to say.

"So, uh-"

"Uhm-"

They both chuckled. "You go first," Hinata said.

"No, you can say what you wanted to,"

"Uh, alright. So, how have you been lately?"

Shikichi looked down at the ground. "I've been fine. No... no university accepted me though. Not yet,"

"Shit, that sucks,"

"It does. I'm thinkin' about just getting a job as a waiter or something. My parents are never really home, so I gotta take care of my little sister. It's been pretty stressful,"

"So you haven't been fine actually?" Hinata asked.

"I guess I haven't..."

"Come here." Hinata said, wrapping his arms around Shikichi. The other boy felt his cheeks heating up. "U-uhm-" "You're gonna be just fine. Don't stress it, just relax and let time take care of it,"

"Huh?"

"Everything is going to be okay." He let go of Shikichi. "Alright?"

"Uhm... yeah, alright. Thank you." He leaned his head against Hinata's shoulder.

Only Komaeda got to do that, usually.

Speaking of him, the pale boy was currently laying in bed, gripping his head. It hurt really bad.

"Dad!!" He yelled.

His father hurried into his room. "Angel! What's wrong??"

"My head really hurts!!"

His father sat down in front of him and gently grabbed his head. "Stay still, sweetheart," he said, grabbing a cold cloth and holding it to his forehead. "Does it feel better now?"

"Mhm..."

His father let out a relieved sigh. "I'm just so happy you're okay." He pulled his son into a hug. "I love you so much, angel. So much,"

"I love you too, dad,"

"When you remember if it was a person that did this to you, I'll take care of them,"

"Huh?"

"I'm gonna sue them. I won't, like, beat them up." He chuckled. "But it's going to be fine,"