12 | Accident

"Uh, Komaeda's dad, Sir?" Hinata asked.

"Yes?"

"Why isn't Komaeda allowed to ride motorcycles?"

"...that's... a story for another time. I don't want to talk about it while I'm in the car,"

"I can tell you later," Komaeda told the brunet.

"No, I can do it. Let's go to our home. Then I'll explain it," Mr. Komaeda said.

"Alright,"

-

They walked to the living room in Komaeda's house. On the walls hung lots of photos of Komaeda. The majority of them were him ice skating or holding up trophies with his father standing behind him, proud. What confused Hinata though was that there wasn't a single photo of Komaeda together with his mother. There was a wedding photo of his parents, one where she was pregnant, but none of them together. There were also some photos of his parents as teenagers. It seemed like they were high school sweethearts.

All of them sat down on a couch.

"The reason I didn't want to tell this story in the car was because I tend to get very emotional while talking about it and I had to focus on driving," Mr. Komaeda began.
"You have to know that... I am very protective of Nagito. For a good reason, but that's not what this is about. I always do my very best to keep him safe, happy and give him everything he wants. When he was a bit younger, this was a few years ago, he got his first boyfriend, Shikichi-san. Shikichi-san was a biker, a punk, he played e-guitar in a band, so he was Nagito's dream boy. I was suspicious of him at first, but despite his rude and harsh look, he was actually very kind, polite and well-mannered. I knew he always treated my little angel well. And because of that, I allowed Nagito to ride his bike with him. Shikichi-san swore he would be careful, but-"

"Hold on tight, babe! I'm gonna blow your mind!" Shikichi laughed. Komaeda hugged him tightly, eyes closed. "What's wrong? Are you scared? I can slow down if-"

"No, it's fine!" Komaeda promised.

"Alright then!" Shikichi grinned and drove even faster. It was late, so the road was empty. He drove faster and faster and-

"Holy shit!?" The biker screamed as a car drove right towards them. He drifted to the left quickly, making the bike fly off the road and land in the forest that was next to it.

"...it was a drunk driver that almost killed them. And I know it's his fault, but I couldn't allow them to be together after my sweet angel had to be in the hospital for months. He was in a coma, lots of his bones were broken, h-he... h-he al-almost..." The older man began shaking. Komaeda hugged him from the side.

"It's okay, dad. I'm right here,"

His father wrapped his arms around him, not wanting any harm to ever come to the pale boy.

"Wow, I'm... so sorry," Hinata said honestly. "I'm glad they're both okay,"

"M-me too... I almost l-lost my sweet little angel..." Mr. Komaeda kissed his son on the head. "I love you so much, angel,"