9 | Home

Today, all the students got to go home for a week. Komaeda smiled brightly when he saw his father's face. He ran towards him and they hugged each other tightly.

"I missed you so much, angel." His father kissed him on the head.

"I missed you too, dad! I hate being away from you!"

One of the hockey players walked past them and laughed. "You're not a kid anymore, Komaeda. Stop acting like a daddy's boy, it's fucking embarrassing,"

Mr. Komaeda looked at the hockey player. "What did you just say to my son?"

"Uh..."

"If you ever speak to him like that again, I'll have you kicked out of this school immediately,"

Hinata and Souda passed by them too. "Hey, Komaeda!" Hinata called out.

"Hi, Hinata-kun! Dad, this is my friend, Hinata Hajime. He's so cool," Komaeda explained.

The brunet shook Mr. Komaeda's hand. "Nice to meet you, Hinata-san." He smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you too, Sir,"

"So, you're the one who stood up for my angel all those times?"

"I guess you could say that, yeah,"

"Thank you. I'm glad he has someone like you. You know, my sweet Nagito has always had trouble making friends and so-"

"Dad!" Komaeda frowned.

"Sorry, angel. Uhm, Hinata-san, is anyone coming to pick you up?"

"No, I have a motorcycle, I'll use that,"

Komaeda's eyes sparkled. "You... have a motorcycle?"

"Yeah,"

"And you will never even think about riding that thing, Nagito" Mr. Komaeda said. "It's way too dangerous. Hinata-san's parents can allow him to do whatever he wants, but I won't let my sweet angel get into a motorcycle accident,"

"I bet Hinata-kun is a responsible driver,"

"You said that that about Shikichi-san too,"

"Dad, this is totally different!"

Mr. Komaeda crossed his arms. "No. I love you, angel, and that's why you won't get on a motorcycle,"

"Fiiiine... Have a nice week, Hinata-kun. I'll see you next week!"

"Wait, can I have your number?"

Komaeda nodded. "Sure!"

They exchanged numbers and then went home. Hinata and Souda were neighbors. Their families had always been close. Their fathers had been childhood friends too and their mothers met in high school, when they began dating the two men, so they became friends then. They had been been an inseparable friend group since.

"I'm home!" Hinata called out.

"Welcome back, Hajime!" His mother said, hugging him. "Oh, I always miss you so much when you go to school!" She kissed his cheek. "I made lunch. Your dad and brother are eating already,"

They went into the kitchen and sat down. "Welcome back, Hajime. How has school been?"

"Cool. There's a new guy, Komaeda. He's really nice, but the others treat him like shit for no damn reason,"

"No need to curse,"

"Sorry, mom. But it's just so annoying. They're complete assholes! Even my teammates. Everyone except Souda and me are so damn cruel to him,"

"Why?" Kamukura asked.

"'Cause he does a solo sport and because he's skinny, that's all,"

"Wow. I wouldn't have expected that kind of behavior from your friends,"

"Yeah, me neither! But they're not my friends anymore. They tried to get me kicked out of the team because I hang out with Komaeda,"

"What?!" His father gasped. "That's unacceptable. I'll let your teachers know about this,"

"Thanks, dad,"