5 | Promise

I'm gonna try to make the chapters longer from now on, but that also means they'll take a bit longer

Komaeda was on FaceTime with his father as he brushed his hair.

"How do you like your new school?"

"It's alright. I met a boy here, he's really nice, but the others don't like me,"

"What? Why?"

"I think it's because I'm too skinny and a solo athlete,"

"That's nonsense. You're perfect the way you are,"

Komaeda shook his head. "I don't fit in here at all though,"

"You don't need to fit in to be great. I love you just the way you are,"

"Thank you, dad... But the people here don't seem to feel the same. I'll be okay though. At least I have Hinata-kun,"

"Right, yeah. If they do anything worse than just being rude, tell me and I'll alert the headmaster,"

"Mhm, I will." He put down his hairbrush. "My training starts soon, so I'll go put on my costume now. I'll talk to you later, dad. Love you!"

"I love you too, angel. Have fun!"

Komaeda closed the laptop and changed into his ice skating costume. He grabbed his skates and made his way over to the ice rink. He put on the skates and got onto the ice just as the hockey players were leaving it.

Hinata sat on a bench, wanting to watch Komaeda again.

"Hey there, dollface. Are you getting ready to play on the ice for a bit? How about you try out real work for once? You know, like we do,"

"I've seen you play before. You're the slowest on your team." He stood up and looked him into the eyes. The hockey player was way taller and bigger than him, but Komaeda didn't back down. "I bet even I can beat you in a race,"

"Oh yeah? Let's try it." He grabbed Komaeda by his arm and dragged him so the two stood next to each other. "Whoever gets to the other end of the rink first wins. 1...2...3 Go!"

The two boys began racing. Komaeda was obviously much faster and way more agile on the ice. He even spun around and skated backwards. "What's that? Can't keep up?" Komaeda asked.

"Shut up!" The guy yelled, skating faster.

Komaeda did a pirouette. "No thanks! I thought I was sooo lazy and unathletic. Whatever happened to that?" He arrived at the other side of the rink. "Yay! Looks like I won!" He laughed. His smile quickly faded though when the hockey player caught up to him and lifted him up into the air.

Hinata immediately got up and managed to catch him when the hockey player threw the pale boy. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Hinata shouted. "Don't fucking do a competitive sport if you can't handle losing!"

"Go away, Hinata! You don't get it!"

"Damn right I don't! Why do you guys-?!"

"It's fine, Hinata-kun. I'm okay..."

The brunet put him down. "Are you sure?"

"Mhm. I'm fine. Now can you guys please just leave me alone? I wanna skate in peace..."

"That's right, piss off!" Hinata threatened. The hockey players left.

"You too, Hinata-kun... Thanks for your help,"

Hinata shook his head. "I can't leave you when you're all upset like this,"

"Yes, you can..."

"No way." He climbed onto the railing that was around the rink and got onto the ice. "Come over here,"

Komaeda listened to him and got onto the ice too. "You're not wearing skates, Hinata-kun,"

"Yeah, I know. I'll be fi- AHH!!" He slipped and fell down. "Shit..."

"Are you okay??" Komaeda asked, worried.

"I'm alright." He sat up and took notice of Komaeda's clothes again. This time, the short dress was a light green with daisies on it. "Why do you wear those kinda outfits?"

"Because I need to be able to move around freely. You have to be super flexible for figure skating and a long skirt would prevent you from using your skills like that. I could just wear a full-length body suit, but this looks prettier!" He spun around once, smiling. "Don't you think?"

"Yeah, I do. It looks good. Can you do splits?"

Komaeda nodded. He lifted his leg up to his head.

"Woah, that's impressive, dude!" Hinata stood up.

"Thank you. My dad once said I could be a contortionist,"

"He's right. I bet you can bend over completely too,"

Komaeda bent over until his head was down at his feet.

"Jesus Christ!" Hinata said, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Just Komaeda is fine,"

Hinata chuckled. "I bet you flexibility comes in handy a lot,"

"Not really. I mean, when do I ever need to be able to spread my legs?" He asked.

"..."

"Hm, whatever. Anyway, do you think I'll ever perform in front of a big crowd?"

"For sure. We all do. Lots of people come to my games and to the games of the other teams too," Hinata told him.

"Really? I've always dreamed of performing in New York. Do you think I can do that one day?"

"For sure. This school basically guarantees you a good career,"

Komaeda's eyes sparkled. "Ah, I'm so happy! Will you come watch me?"

"I'll be the first to enter and the last to leave the stadium."

The pale boy smiled. "Promise?"

"Promise."

"That's gonna be hard to keep. My dad would put up a tent before the stadium and sleep in it for one week if it meant being there first." He giggled.