8 | Middle School

"Your bath is ready," Hinata said, leaving the bathroom.

"Thank you." Komaeda got up and went into the bathroom. He took off his clothes and got into the bath. "WAAAH!! Wh-what the heck?!" He screamed.

Hinata burst into the bathroom. Komaeda quickly covered his body with his arms and legs. "Are you okay??"

"Why is the water ice cold??"

"Huh? 'Cause it's better like that!"

"No, it isn't! I'm gonna freeze to death at this rate!"

"Get out of the damn bath then!"

"Then you get out of the bathroom!"

"Oh, right. Bye." He left the room and shut the door. Komaeda got out of the bath and dried himself off with a towel. He put on his clothes and went back to the main room.

"So cold..." He whispered. Hinata wrapped a blanket around him.

"There there. I'll go make you a warm bath,"

Komaeda flopped onto the bed sideways. "No, it's okay... I'll get through this,"

"Are you sure? You're lookin' kinda pale," Souda said.

"He's always pale," Hinata told him.

"I'm so tired..."

"You can sleep here if you want," Hinata told him.

"Mhm... thank you..."

Souda raised an eyebrow. "Are y'all gonna sleep in the same bed or what?"

Hinata shook his head. "No, the both of us will,"

"What?!"

"Come on, we always did it as kids, soul bro!" Hinata chuckled. "You're not embarassed of your BFFAEUTWEEIWGGWWSBF, are you?"

"What?" Komaeda asked.

"Souda came up with that when we were kids-"

"Shut up!"

"-it means best friends forever and ever until the world explodes even if we get girlfriends we will stay best friends," Hinata explained.

"That's cute,"

"Wanna know what's cute?! The way Hinata acted when he was in middle school! He thought he was so damn cool!"

"Rude," Hinata said.

"I'll show you a video, Komaeda." Souda got up with his phone and began looking for the video on it.

"No! Don't show him that, you little-"

"Found it!"

"No! No way in hell are you showing him that!"

Souda showed the video anyway. Souda's mother had taken it in the car when she picked the two boys up from school.

"Did you have a good day?" She asked.

"Yes, it was super cool! And now can we go get burgers since it's my birthday?" Souda asked.

"Of course. Hajime-kun, is that alright with you?"

"Turn the video off right now!"

"No!"

"It's fine... No burger can still my hunger for death and revenge though..."

"Oh, what happened to him?" Ms. Souda asked.

"He lost against me in UNO,"

"You weren't supposed to find out about that!" Hinata yelled, covering Komaeda's ears.

"Aw, come on. I think it's sweet," Komaeda told him.

"Dude, I said I wanna kill Souda for winning in UNO,"

"What can I say? It's a bit excessive, yes, but... sweet." He smiled.

"...sure."

Hinata grabbed Souda's hand and dragged him over to the other bed. "Don't mad at Komaeda, he's tired and it's time to go to bed,"

"None of us have showered!" Souda argued.

"I'll shower in the morning..." Komaeda said, pulling the blanket over himself.

"We can do that too," Hinata told his friend.

"No way! You're sticky and you stink and I'm not cuddling with someone like that!"

"I never said we were gonna cuddle,"

Souda frowned. "We won't?"