31 | New York

On the plane, the three men sat together. Hinata at the window, Komaeda in the middle and his father on the inside of the row.

The pale boy didn't really like plane rides. He had no clue why, but he just felt nervous.

"Hinata-kun, do you think I'll mess up my performance?"

"No way. All your practices were perfect,"

"Yes, it has to be!"

"What?"

"Perfect, I mean. Like, this could change my whole life! The man who invited me, Smith, he said it will be shown on TV and that tons of people bought tickets to come watch me. If I do a good job, I could finally become a professional,"

"It's going to be completely fine, babe. You don't need to worry,"

The plane ride was very long. They arrived in New York at night time and Mr. Komaeda got a taxi to take them to the hotel. Komaeda's room had gotten paid for by the people who were inviting him, but they decided he would share the room with Hinata while his father booked one for himself.

"What outfit are you gonna be wearing tomorrow?" Hinata asked.

"I want you to decide." He opened his bag and held up two of his ice skating dressed. One was pink and one was red.

"The pink one. That's the one you wore when we met," Hinata said. "It's really nice on you,"

"You remembered?"

"Of course I did." He cupped his cheek. "Do you seriously think I'm gonna forget the moment I met the most gorgeous person in the whole world? I remember your first words to me too,"

"You do?"

"Souda called you a stalker and you said 'I apologize, I didn't mean to',"

Komaeda wrapped his arms around Hinata's neck. "And I remember you told me it's fine and that Souda's head is filled with air." He kissed him.

Hinata picked him up and threw him on the bed.

"You're always so rough when we kiss..." Komaeda whined. "Treat me with a little more care." He crossed his arms.

"Care, huh?" He gently grabbed Komaeda's legs and took off his shoes. Then, he took off his jacket. Komaeda blushed.

Hinata took off his own shirt and threw it into the corner. "Lay down and get comfortable, okay?"

"Mhm." Komaeda did as he was told and covered himself with the blanket.

Hinata laid down behind him and wrapped his arms around the pale boy. He kissed him on the back of his neck. "I love you, baby. Let's get some rest before your big day tomorrow,"

"I love it when you give me petnames," Komaeda said.

"Oh yeah?" Hinata whispered into his ear, trying to be flirty.

"Haha! That tickles!"