Chapter 8

Pei Shaoze was used to solving problems neatly and simply. A conversation that could end in 10 minutes was never delayed to 15 minutes. He didn't want to waste time on Zhao Wenxiu so he directly brought out the surveillance video.

It actually wasn't difficult to find. Zhao Wenxiu wasn't a professional criminal and his anti-reconnaissance ability wasn't strong. There was monitoring at the company's annual meeting and it was confirmed that Zhao Wenxiu handed the juice to Cheng Xia. Once the annual meeting was over, the surveillance of the underground garage and the dash cam video could prove that he and the driver Liu Rui carried the unconscious Cheng Xia to the car.

Zhao Wenxiu's face was a dead gray after watching the surveillance video. He originally planned to pretend he didn't know anything. If President Pei asked then he would say it was Cheng Xia who delivered himself to the door. As a result, Pei Shaoze brought out the surveillance videos and Zhao Wenxiu's plan was completely destroyed.

Zhao Wenxiu's eyes shifted around as he thought of a remedy and quickly defended himself. "President Pei, I was wrong. I shouldn't use this method to send an artist to your bed. However, I can't be completely blamed. It was all Cheng Xia's idea!"

Pei Shaoze's eyes narrowed. "Is that so?"

Zhao Wenxiu explained, "Cheng Xia has always admired you very much. He bought the pheromones release agent from the hospital and secretly handed it to me. He instructed me to add it to his juice and send him to your room..."

Pei Shaoze didn't want to listen to his nonsense and interrupted directly. "I just checked last night. The pheromones release agent is a controlled drug and must be signed by the omega and their partner in person. Buying it privately and forging the proof of purchase is illegal. If it causes serious consequences then the people involved will be sentenced. Tell me, which hospital did Cheng Xia buy the release agent from?"

Zhao Wenxiu, "......"

He also knew this? Zhao Wenxiu was even more flustered. His eyes dodged around and he obviously couldn't make anything up anymore.

Pei Shaoze stared coldly into his eyes. "Why don't we go to the police station and let the police get involved in the investigation?"

Zhao Wenxiu's legs softened and he almost knelt down on the spot!

Unauthorized use of an omega pheromones release agent and forcing the omega to be involuntarily marked was indeed an illegal act. If the police really got involved, it wasn't just Zhao Wenxiu and Liu Rui who would be detained. The doctor classmate he found to privately buy the release agent from would have his doctor's license revoked.

Zhao Wenxiu perceived that President Pei was serious and his face instantly drained of blood. He took a deep breath, clenched his fists and spoke in a trembling voice. "P-President Pei, I was really wrong... don't call the police. I just had a momentary obsession. I wanted to use this method to make you pay more attention to Cheng Xia. I wanted to get more resources for my artist..."

Pei Shaoze frowned. "For Cheng Xia? Did you ask for his opinion?"

Zhao Wenxiu's expression was even uglier. "I..."

Pei Shaoze told him with a calm face, "Fortunately, my friend came over that night and gave Cheng Xia an inhibitor in time. Nothing irreversible happened. Seeing as you are an old employee of Tianxuan, I won't alert the police. Sending you to prison won't be good for Tianxuan's reputation. However... if this matter spreads out, I will keep the surveillance video and you should know the consequences, right?"

Pei Shaoze didn't want Zhao Wenxiu to go to jail. Once he was in jail, Cheng Xia would be summoned by the police as a victim. Then the incident of Cheng Xia climbing into President Pei's bed would be known to everyone. The best way to deal with it was to end it privately and to not let it spread.