Chapter 34

Early the next morning, Pei Shaoze took his younger brother to the set.

Today really was snowing and Liu Xueyi wanted to take advantage of it to finish filming the solo scenes of Cheng Xia and Shen Kai. He had cooperated with Shen Kai before so he first shot Shen Kai's part, letting Cheng Xia watch by his side.

The actor Shen Kai was a relatively 'Buddhist' newcomer.

Most newcomers in the entertainment industry would think about fighting for more resources to become popular as soon as possible. Meanwhile, Shen Kai was the type of lazy person who wasn't very ambitious. He did what the agent asked him to do. If he didn't have resources, he painted at home. He used to study fine art and didn't graduate from a professional film school. Later, he was discovered by a scout, signed to a studio and embarked on the path of acting.

Fortunately, Shen Kai's talent in acting was good. He also had experience cooperating with Liu Xueyi and the early morning filming was very smooth.

Cheng Xia watched carefully and felt that Shen Kai acted very well. It was in line with the image of Lu Fengyang that he understood. Zhou Yan whispered, "Shen Kai is 20 years old this year and has filmed three online dramas. You should learn more from him. I think his acting is quite good. Once you act against him in the future, don't be completely suppressed by him."

In an opposing scene, if the two people's aura wasn't on the same frequency, it would be too unsightly if one party completely suppressed the other. Shen Kai was a tall alpha and Cheng Xia would be under a lot of pressure acting against him in the future. Therefore, Cheng Xia watched carefully while the director was shooting Shen Kai.

After Shen Kai finished the shooting, it was Cheng Xia's turn. Shen Kai smiled at Cheng Xia in a friendly manner. "Don't be nervous. Come on!"

The scene Cheng Xia was going to shoot today was about the protagonist Qin Nian coming to school with a schoolbag on his back. As he walked to the school gate, he found that he had forgotten to bring the paper the teacher had handed out yesterday. It was snowing heavily and it was freezing cold. He hesitated for a moment at the school gate between returning home to grab the paper or accepting criticism from his teacher. Finally, he decided to run home to grab the paper.

In the cold winter, Qin Nian was dressed very thinly. The conditions at home weren't good and his shoes and sweater were very old. The school uniform was also washed until it was faded. He had come all the way to school and had to go back to get the filled math test paper.

This scene was mainly to show Qin Nian's serious attitude toward learning.

In order to perform this scene well, Cheng Xia didn't wear many clothes today. He only wore a sweater and the school uniform. The shoes that the props teacher gave him were also deliberately worn out.

Before filming started, Zhou Yan was worried he would catch a cold and had him wear a down jacket. Once Shen Kai's part was finished, Director Liu said, "The next scene, Cheng Xia."

Cheng Xia immediately took off his down jacket and ran to the shooting venue with the bag on his back. Director Liu simply explained Cheng Xia's positioning later. Cheng Xia walked through it once and then Director Liu waved his hand. "Photography, lights and props, ready. Act 17, start!"

A clapperboard with the words 'Folding Paper, Act 17' on it passed in front of the machine.

The lights hit and the shooting began.

Cheng Xia ran over from a distance as directed by the director. There was snow everywhere on the ground. He slipped and accidentally fell, causing snow to cover his face. He hurriedly grabbed the tree next to him, got up and wiped the snow off his face. As he walked to the school gate, he thought of something and muttered to himself, "Oh, it seems I didn't bring the papers..."