Chapter 58

They left the shooting training room and Instructor Lin told Cheng Xia about the daily life of the police academy students. Cheng Xia listened and took notes. It was almost noon so Pei Shaoze took Cheng Xia to the student cafeteria for a simple lunch.

Cheng Xia sat in the crowd, surrounded by police academy students, and felt out of place. Pei Shaoze sensed the young man's nervousness and told him in a low voice, "Don't worry, if you really get the role of Xu Ziyang then the crew will have a professional consultant to guide you in the details of your actions."

Cheng Xia nodded before asking softly, "President Pei, do you think my height is a big problem? Ye Mingqian told me that he wore a pair of height-increasing shoes when auditioning for Qin Nian last time. Should I wear them?"

Pei Shaoze saw his serious eyes and couldn't help smiling. "There is no need. In this drama, Xu Ziyang has the most scenes with Lin Qi. An omega will definitely be found for the role of Professor Lin and you just don't have to be too much shorter than him."

It seemed this little guy wasn't confident about his height.

In fact, Cheng Xia was 178 cm tall when barefoot. If he wore a pair of flat shoes then he was 180 cm tall. This was already quite tall for an omega and could be compared with some alphas. However, Pei Shaoze's height was 190 cm and the height difference when the two people stood together was a bit obvious. When Cheng Xia and Shen Kai stood together for Folding Paper, the height difference wasn't too obvious.

Pei Shaoze continued, "Your height isn't an advantage but it also isn't a disadvantage. Most roles can be played."

Cheng Xia was finally relieved after hearing President Pei's words.

After lunch, the two of them returned to the company together. On the way, Cheng Xia unlocked his phone and read the script carefully. Pei Shaoze leaned back against his seat and took a rest. Suddenly, a message from Qin Yu popped up on his laptop. [I heard from my classmate that you took Cheng Xia to the police academy today. Is it just to let Cheng Xia find the inspiration to act as a police officer?]

The Instructor Lin that Pei Shaoze found was Qin Yu's high school classmate. He had a strong relationship with Qin Yu and was willing to help him. Pei Shaoze typed back, [Yes, Cheng Xia is going to take part in the audition of a suspense drama. I want him to be more prepared. The competition is quite fierce this time.]

Qin Yu sent a row of smiling emojis. [I really don't understand you. How can a rich second generation raise a lover like you? The Pei family is so rich. If you really want him to play a role then just throw money at the drama. Why go to so much trouble?]

Pei Shaoze typed, [I'm not taking care of a lover.]

Qin Yu didn't understand the importance that Pei Shaoze attached to Cheng Xia. It was really easy to spend money but he wanted Cheng Xia to enjoy the process of trying to get the role. He hoped that Cheng Xia could tell people that he won the role himself, not because a wealthy backer threw money to get him into the crew. For a person who loved acting, there was nothing more enjoyable than 'my efforts being recognized.'

Pei Shaoze believed that Cheng Xia's personality meant he wouldn't be too depressed if he wasn't selected. On the contrary, he would be excited about the knowledge he learned and would work hard for the next audition. Pei Shaoze liked such a vibrant, positive and optimistic young man.

Qin Yu received this message and couldn't help replying, [It seems you want to bring this little guy up with you? F*k me, I'm almost moved by you!]

Pei Shaoze responded with [Hmm.]

Qin Yu had always misunderstood that he and Cheng Xia were lovers. Now there was no need to explain because he wanted to make the misunderstanding true. It was just that Cheng Xia was less than 20 years old. Pei Shaoze didn't want to show his strong exclusive desire to scare the other person away. In any case, for the next period of time, Cheng Xia would only have him around. He would let Cheng Xia slowly adapt to his existence.