Chapter 56

On May 21st, Pei Shaoze returned to the crew. Pei Shaoze saw the familiar figure in the distance. He was just about to walk toward Cheng Xia when Cheng Xia turned around. The young man's eyes widened before he gave a brilliant smile. This pair of clear and bright eyes cut through the vast sea of people and stared into Pei Shaoze's heart.

Pei Shaoze's heart softened and he immediately took a big step toward Cheng Xia.

Cheng Xia took the initiative to speak, "President Pei, you're back!"

Pei Shaoze's eyes were gentle. "I heard the crew is going to finish ahead of schedule?"

Cheng Xia nodded. "Yes, the recent filming progress has been relatively smooth. The filming was originally planned to be completed at the end of the month but the task was completed a week ahead of schedule."

Today they just had to shoot the finale. After the shoot, the finale banquet would be held. This was also why Pei Shaoze rushed back to the crew. The staff at the scene were ready and the deputy director shouted, "Cheng Xia, start!"

Cheng Xia smiled at Pei Shaoze. "Then shall I go to the studio?"

Pei Shaoze nodded. "Yes, go ahead."

Cheng Xia came to the leafy path and matched the lines with Shen Kai. Then he folded a boat on the spot and tucked it into his pocket as a prop. Director Liu waved at the two of them. "Okay? Get ready to start!"

The camera started working and Cheng Xia and Shen Kai walked side by side under the trees.

The weather today was really good. The sky was clear and the tree canopy above their heads blocked most of the sunlight, leaving only some rays scattered on the two people. The wind blew and light and shadows were mottled. Two high school students in school uniforms walked beside each other. The scene was recorded by the cameras and it was as beautiful as a fresh and natural landscape painting.

Once they reached the middle of the green path, they looked at each other and smiled for a moment. Cheng Xia suddenly took out the folded paper boat from his pocket and handed it to the other. "I have a gift for you. I hope you will have smooth sailing in the future."

Shen Kai took the paper boat and found there were some words on it. He curiously opened it and saw a neat line of words: I want to go to the same university with Lu Fengyang and be together forever—Qin Nian.

Shen Kai's hands trembled slightly as he stared at the young man in front of him. This person's smile was warm and bright while his eyes were full of Shen Kai. Finally, Shen Kai couldn't help reaching out and embracing Cheng Xia. Cheng Xia also hugged him back.

After a long time, Director Liu shouted, "Cut!"

The finale effect was great. There was just a bit of regret. If it wasn't for President Pei wanting to keep it clean until the end, there should've been a kiss scene here.

Forget the kiss scene. Pei Shaoze just saw Shen Kai look at Cheng Xia with that look in his eyes and them hugging each other and his unhappiness reached the peak. If there really was a kiss scene, he would probably lose his patience and stop the shooting. Fortunately, the two separated after the director called for them to stop.

Pei Shaoze stood up and spoke indifferently, "The two of you worked hard. The final party at night is once again on the third floor of the hotel."

There was a loud round of applause. "Great!"

"We finally finished. Congratulations!"

From mid-February to mid-May, the drama took nearly three months to complete. There might've been an accident where Cheng Xia was stabbed but overall, the progress was fairly smooth.