Chapter 79

School officially started in September and the traffic for movies and dramas was much lower than during the summer vacation period. Although many new dramas aired, none could surpass the popularity and sales volume of Folding Paper.

Many people on the Internet were saying that President Pei's first production of Folding Paper might become the annual ratings champion.

In mid-September, the major platforms got the final version of Disappearing Traces and the executives were amazed after watching it. The drama was well-made and the plot was full of suspense. The final reversal was also unexpected. It might become another dark horse in the second half of the year. In order to surpass a drama produced by Pei Shaoze, they had to rely on Pei Shaoze himself!

Throughout the month of September, Cheng Xia was busy filming advertisements. Hand sanitizer, hand cream, snacks, drinks, clothing, car models... Zhou Yan had accepted seven or eight endorsements for him. He might be busy but the revenue from advertising expenses was considerable. Combined with the remuneration of the previous two dramas, Cheng Xia's savings exceeded 8 million yuan.

He was busy in September and in the blink of an eye, it was October.

Rong City was a city with four distinct seasons. Autumn leaves were colorful. As people walked on the road, the withered leaves rustled, yellow leaves blew through the air and the withered flowers on the roadside made people feel the bleakness of autumn. However, Autumn was also a good harvest season.

In October, Disappearing Traces was officially released.

Cheng Xia also forwarded the publicity of the official Weibo page. [Congratulations, Disappearing Traces will air on all platforms on October 10th! I am playing Xu Ziyang, a trainee criminal investigations police officer. At 8 p.m. on October 10th, the drama can be seen on all major platforms. I hope you will like it [Heart]]

Recently, the messages under Cheng Xia's Weibo weren't as fierce as they were some time ago. Most of them were encouragement from fans. Now Cheng Xia's Weibo had 12 million followers. Many people who were following him after the release of Folding Paper or due to various advertising endorsements only just discovered that Cheng Xia's new drama would be released so soon!

They clicked into the post to see that it was a suspense drama personally directed by Zhu Zheng and Cheng Xia was playing a criminal investigations trainee police officer?!

The new fans were stunned. [Does Xia Xia want to play an alpha this time?]

[Cheng Xia doesn't act according to common sense. I thought he would continue to act in school dramas next!]

[Usually, newcomers will perform in several idol dramas. Isn't his span a bit too big?]

Cheng Xia thought to himself that he just wanted to try out a variety of roles. His interpretation of Xu Ziyang would definitely bring surprises to everyone.

On October 10th, Disappearing Traces premiered. The actors, directors, and investors in the circle were very surprised. They thought that since President Pei worked well with Linghu TV last time, Disappearing Traces would also be broadcasted exclusively on Linghu. Unexpectedly, it was the all platforms mode. For a while, Little Bear TV, Chinchilla TV, Dream Video, Linghu TV...

The front page of all broadcasting platforms in the country had a huge poster of Disappearing Traces hung on it!

On this day, anyone who clicked onto the broadcasting platforms would know the news of the launch of Disappearing Traces which was more effective than a hot search. Pei Shaoze didn't spend much money on publicity fees. In order to compete for traffic, all major websites were helping him publicize. This was the advantage of the win-win competition. How much they earned depended on how much traffic they could attract.