Chapter 12

The next day, Cheng Xia set an alarm clock at 7 o'clock in the morning. He got up quickly to wash and eat. Then he carefully arranged his clothes in the mirror.

The jeans his mother picked for him fit perfectly. They were paired with a camel colored cashmere sweater and a white down jacket. This style of clothing might not be particularly brilliant in the cold winter but it would never go wrong.

Cheng Xia got dressed and Jiang Qiong found a scarf and handed it to him. "It is cold these days so wear a scarf. By the way, it isn't easy to take a taxi during peak hour..." She turned and shouted toward the kitchen, "Old Cheng, can you drive your son over?"

Cheng Yiming poked out his head. "Okay, I'm free anyway."

Cheng Xia spoke while putting on the scarf, "Mom, I made an appointment with my agent at 8:30 a.m. There is more than an hour left. There is no need to send me..."

Cheng Yiming wiped his hands and came out of the kitchen. He looked his son up and down and spoke seriously, "You are just a small, unknown star now and there is no nanny car. Your father will be your driver today. Let's go. It is better to be early than to be late."

Cheng Xia obediently followed him out. He was leaning over to change shoes when Jiang Qiong suddenly asked, "By the way Xia Xia, I have packed the down jacket. When will you return it to your senior?"

Cheng Xia's heart jumped. The down jacket belonged to President Pei and he would see President Pei today. However, he couldn't return clothes to the boss in front of so many people at the company. There would definitely be gossip if he was seen. The down jacket had to be returned privately. If it was really inconvenient then he could always ask President Pei for the address and express it? Thinking of this, Cheng Xia answered, "Mom, you can put it away for me first. I'll ask the senior when he wants it."

Jiang Qiong glanced at the special trademark on the collar of the down jacket. This brand was an international first-tier designer brand. It was very valuable. Of course, it wasn't uncommon for students at a film academy to be children from rich families. However, such an expensive piece of clothing was casually lent to Cheng Xia. Did this person really just see Cheng Xia as a younger brother?

Jiang Qiong always felt that something wasn't right but she didn't expose her son. She just silently put away the down jacket.

Cheng Yiming drove to Tianxuan Building with his son. It had snowed and the road was slippery. He drove slowly and it was already past 8 o'clock when he arrived at the company. Cheng Xia got out of the car and waved goodbye to his father. A black car happened to be going by. Cheng Xia had his back to the road and didn't notice it was President Pei's car.

Pei Shaoze saw the young man standing in the snow instantly. The young man wore a white down jacket and black jeans. There was a smile on his face as he waved to the driver of an off-road vehicle. The other person lowered the car window and urged, "If you're wronged at the company, you must tell me when you get home!"

Cheng Xia smiled. "I know Dad. You go back and drive slowly on the road!"

Pei Shaoze saw the driver's profile from the window that was lowered. The middle-aged man had strong facial features, thick eyebrows and big eyes. He looked very serious. Was this Cheng Xia's father, Cheng Yiming?

In the original novel, Cheng Yiming died of anger. He loved Cheng Xia very much. The son he raised was abused, humiliated by others and his nude photos spread all over the Internet. The netizens even sent abusive letters to his home. He felt self-blame, guilt and pain. This upright father fell ill and died, causing Cheng Xia to completely blacken.

Now seeing Cheng Xia say goodbye to his father with a big smile, Pei Shaoze was even more determined to protect the young man. It wasn't just Cheng Xia but also Cheng Xia's family. He didn't want Cheng Xia's father to die of guilt or Cheng Xia's mother to die in despair. Since he knew the plot of the book, he would make arrangements in advance to prevent all the bad things from happening.