Chapter 80

For the hot drama Disappearing Traces, the members who used the advanced-on-demand model watched the ending within a week and this group of people gave it 5-star praise. A large number of viewers said that it was the most exciting suspense drama they had seen in recent years.

It was just that a lot of people were confused. President Pei's drama, Folding Paper made a lot of money and his investment profit had increased tenfold. The premiere of Disappearing Traces was so popular. Why didn't he continue to use the box office profit share model to make money? The advance-on-demand broadcasting could only make money from a small portion of viewers willing to watch the ending in advance. Many viewers could watch it for free after two weeks. Wasn't this a huge loss?

In fact, the major platforms also had this doubt. Once the two weeks advance-on-demand model was over, the entire Internet could watch the ending...

Then everyone saw that the traffic of the show suddenly started to skyrocket!

Since Disappearing Traces was ranked first in the category of suspense dramas, the score of 9.5 attracted a large number of viewers. These viewers didn't like to spend money when watching dramas and only watched the free version. The following episodes relied on the free episodes to make a lot of money from advertising traffic. Once it was free, the total viewership increased by several times from before.

The income from the advanced-on-demand broadcasting plus the income from the advertising meant that Pei Shaoze made a lot more money than Folding Paper. All the platforms added up meant he made a profit of 500 million... and he only invested 10 million.

50 times the return was a really terrible number!

Investors in the circle couldn't help being jealous while Cui Jue wanted to cough up a mouthful of blood. He failed to recover the costs for the drama he invested 100 million in. As a result, Pei Shaoze invested 10 million in two dramas and increased the profit by over 10 times. At the end-of-year general meeting of shareholders, Pei Shaoze would definitely establish his prestige. Cui Jue had a strong sense of crisis and started to immediately prepare for a retreat.

Soon after, everyone heard more news. Pei Shaoze had sent both Folding Paper and Disappearing Traces to participate in the judging from the 'Online Drama Annual Awards Ceremony.'

Netizens suddenly realized why President Pei's second drama was free. It was to attract the audience who only watched free dramas and to make the data of Disappearing Traces more beautiful so that it was eligible to compete for the 'Most Popular Online Drama' award.

The most popular online drama award was composed of several parts. Professional judges accounted for 50% of the score while the viewership and online voting were also important reference factors. As a result of being broadcasted on all platforms for free, the data of Disappearing Traces was quite good. Almost no opponent in the competition could threaten its status as 'most popular online drama.'

This drama firmly occupied first in the rating list in the category of online dramas!

***

It was November and the online drama competition officially began.

Pei Shaoze had carefully checked the important awards of the ABO world. There were two awards ceremonies for TV dramas in March and May every year. In the second half of the year, there would be award ceremonies for movies and online dramas. Among them, the award ceremony time for online dramas was November 20th and it was co-hosted by several major broadcasting platforms.

Pei Shaoze considered it and submitted Cheng Xia, the actor of Qin Nian in Folding Paper, for the Best Newcomer Award.

The Best Newcomer Award required the first work and was of great commemorative significance. Cheng Xia's first debut work was Folding Paper. If he missed it this time, it would be impossible for him to compete for the Best Newcomer Award in the future. The other awards such as Best Supporting Actor and Best Actor had many opportunities in the future to be won. Pei Shaoze wanted Cheng Xia to win all the awards in the entertainment industry. Then he could make a special display cabinet in their homes to collect trophies.