Chapter 22

All the people who received the number badge pinned it to their right chest as required.

The audition would take place in a day so the schedule was tight. Everyone was only given five minutes. The staff responsible for maintaining order at the scene sent printed tips with precautions written on it.

1. Artists who are participating in the audition, please introduce yourself and inform the crew of the role you are auditioning for. The director might make you do various expressions including smiling, laughing, crying, collapse or other emotions. Please cooperate with the director's request and choose one or two acts from the audition script to perform. The director might interrupt you at any time. If you can't bear the psychological shock then you can leave early.

2. After hearing the staff call your number, enter from the front door and exit from the back door to keep the scene quiet. If there is no response after three calls, it is regarded as automatically giving up.

3. The results of the audition will be announced within three days.

These tips should be made by the people of the publicity department. There was no extra nonsense. It was simple and neat.

Zhou Yan called her four artists to an empty office. "Don't think too much. Go in and introduce yourself first. Then follow the director's instructions. Director Liu might have strict requirements for acting and he is serious, but President Pei is present. He will give some face to Tianxuan's artists. Even if you don't perform well, he won't embarrass you in public."

Cheng Xia immediately grasped the key point. "President Pei is also here today?"

Zhou Yan glanced at him and nodded. "President Pei is the producer and head of the drama."

Cheng Xia suddenly felt at ease. President Pei was personally supervising the production then there would be no problem with this drama!

Qi Xiaotian couldn't help asking, "Since President Pei is personally participating, shouldn't us Tianxuan artists have a higher chance of being selected?"

Zhou Yan frowned slightly. "Theoretically, this is true. However, it isn't necessarily the case. After all, the original author and the director are there. President Pei has talked about a fair competition and it is impossible to force an artist on Director Liu. I heard from the staff that a few famous celebrities came here today. In particular, the competition for the roles of Qin Nian and Lu Fengyang is extremely fierce."

She hadn't expected these small famous stars to come and make things lively. Did they think that Tianxuan's production could definitely become popular so they watched to catch the heat? No matter the reason, the competition was fierce beyond everyone's expectations.

Zhou Yan was very nervous but on the surface, she showed the calmness of an agent. She glanced at Cheng Xia and Qi Xiaotian. "Have you heard of Ye Mingqian?"

Cheng Xia searched the name in his memories and soon remembered. "Is he the omega who acted in the literary movie 'Flowing Light' that was very popular in the first half of the year?"

Zhou Yan nodded. "Yes, he is 20 years old and one of the fastest growing omega actors in China. He is also auditioning today and the role he wants to compete for is the main character Qin Nian."

Cheng Xia's heart trembled slightly. He hadn't expected such a strong competitor.

Initially, President Pei said this drama was an investment of Group C and it was best to let newcomers from Tianxuan play it. However, it wasn't an internal drama after all. The moment news of the audition was released, he couldn't stop others from coming.

The other person was experienced and had good popularity. He had just filmed a MV that hadn't been released yet. Who would the director choose? Cheng Xia wasn't sure.