Chapter 9

The shareholders couldn't be blamed for not believing in Pei Shaoze. After all, the original Pei Shaoze left everyone with the impression that he was a rich second generation, who relied on his family's money to spend all day drinking and not doing business properly. In school, he often fought with people and never passed an exam. He was a typical bad student.

Pei Shaoze knew his son was inept and simply asked him to give up on the university entrance examination. He was sent abroad to study in a private university. Pei Shaoze returned to China after graduating at the age of 22 and was taken by Pei Sheng to work as an assistant in the company for three years. Due to the diagnosis of early gastric cancer that required surgery, Pei Sheng retired early and let his 25 year old son to take over as president.

His son wasn't promising and giving him too much power was likely to ruin the company. Therefore, Pei Shaoze was nominally the president of Tianxuan but in fact, the power of the company was still in the hands of the two Vice Presidents, Cui Jue and Yang Mingwei. Important decisions had to be signed and approved by the vice presidents.

Now Vice President Cui's plan to seize power hadn't started and it was time for him, the 'waste heir' to stand up.

Pei Shaoze's eyes swept over the audience and he spoke in a deep voice, "Good morning everyone, I have recently analyzed the management model of Tianxuan Group and found some unreasonable areas. I thought of some reform measures and came to the meeting today to discuss then with you."

He stood to the side of the projection screen and pressed the laser pointer. The PPT turned pages and a clear table appeared.

"The artists of the Tianxuan Group are directly managed by their respective agents. It is easy for the artists to leave the company with their agents and establish themselves after they become famous. Agents are also given too much authority to suppress newcomers who aren't pleasing to the eye and it is easy for talents to be buried. This table shows the status of artists and agents who have left Tianxuan in the past 10 years..."

Shareholders who had been skeptical found that Pei Shaoze's voice was calm, his speech was clear and a lot of data was listed on the PPT. It could intuitively be seen from the table how serious the drain of Tianxuan had been in recent years. The shareholders were involuntarily attracted to his words and raised their heads to listen to him.

Pei Shaoze listed several pieces of data in a row and explained the various problems that existed in the company. Then he opened the next page of the PPT.

"I recommend that the company implements grouping and regular management of all artists. Each group should be led by an executive who has the absolute right to speak for the group's artists without the consent of other executives. This can greatly improve work efficiency."

"The hundreds of artists in the company can be divided into three groups: A, B and C. Each group will have a professional agent team. The three groups will compete fairly and the year-end assessment is also based on the groups. The outstanding group management team can get more bonuses and dividends. There is such an incentive policy and healthy competition between groups will be formed. In addition to paying attention to first-tier stars, the group will strengthen the training of newcomers. Any artist who is untreated fairly can directly report to the group leader to avoid it being covered up by the agent."

Pei Shaoze talked freely and the shareholders exchanged looks.

Was this really Pei Shaoze? It felt like he was possessed by something amazing... he could actually face the shareholders and calmly tell them his views without looking down at a script the whole time?

Pei Shaoze briefly and simply explained the pros and cons of group management for 10 minutes. Then he turned off the PPT and calmly stated, "I'm finished. You can put forward any comments or suggestions. We can discuss it."