Chapter 54

It had been a long time since Pei Shaoze had played this type of block-building game. He remembered that the last time he played it was when he received a gift from his father on his 8th birthday. It was a super-large model of Harry Potter's magic castle composed of thousands of parts. As a child, he assembled the parts piece by piece according to the instructions. It took him the whole summer vacation to put them together.

His childhood memories had become blurred. Now when picking up these delicate small parts, Pei Shaoze found that his hands seemed to be less flexible than when he was a child. After all, he was now an adult. He held these small pieces in his hands and placed them together patiently. He would make mistakes if he wasn't careful.

The car model bought by Cheng Xia wasn't particularly complicated when putting together the parts. There were only around one thousand parts but it wasn't so easy to part them together and assemble a small car.

Pei Shaoze stayed at the hotel for three days and worked hard before finally completing it. Then Pei Shaoze put it back in its box intact and tied a nice knot with a ribbon. From the outside, it looked like he just bought the model from the store. No one knew that the car inside had been assembled by him. It was only when Cheng Xia opened the gift that he would feel Pei Shaoze's intentions.

Pei Shaoze prepared the gift and in the blink of an eye, it was March 20th. This afternoon, Pei Shaoze went to the set to observe. The agent Zhou Yan saw him and hurriedly came over to ask, "President Pei, Cheng Xia's birthday is tomorrow. Do you want to order a cake for everyone to help him celebrate?"

Pei Shaoze answered casually, "Yes, it's time to celebrate. I've already ordered the cake."

Zhou Yan, "......?"

President Pei was so concerned about Tianxuan's artists that he actually remembered Cheng Xia's birthday? Such a good boss was rare. Zhou Yan was dumbfounded for a few seconds before asking, "Then do I need to prepare anything?"

She had already placed an order for tomorrow's birthday cake but now it seemed that she could return it.

Pei Shaoze told her, "Find a way to inform the entire crew that they will go to the third floor of the hotel to celebrate Cheng Xia's birthday tomorrow. You don't need to prepare anything. The hotel has a ready-made buffet. We can eat the cake together and celebrate Cheng Xia's birthday."

Zhou Yan nodded and immediately ran to inform the rest of the crew.

At dinner time, Director Liu asked Pei Shaoze, "President Pei, I heard that tomorrow is Cheng Xia's birthday. Should we prepare some gifts for him? Alas, I have been so busy filming these days that I haven't paid attention to it."

Pei Shaoze answered, "It doesn't matter. I can give Cheng Xia some small gifts on behalf of the crew. Let me prepare it."

Liu Xueyi was relieved. "Then I will trouble President Pei!"

Cheng Xia was an Aries born in the early hours of March 21st. His sunny, optimistic, straightforward, and enthusiastic personality was in line with the characteristics of an Aries. In the early morning, two messages popped up on his mobile phone. It was from the 'Family of Three' WeChat group. [Happy birthday to my son!]

[Xia Xia is growing quickly. Everything will go smoothly in the new year!]

Both his parents privately sent a red envelope of 520 yuan as a birthday gift. Cheng Xia had been busy memorizing the script these days and was about to fuse himself with the role of 'Qin Nian.' He had forgotten the date a long time ago. It was only after seeing the messages that he remembered that today was March 21st, the day he turned 19 years old.