Chapter 64

Pei Shaoze also felt that he had gone a bit too far just now. He made the young man's mouth swollen. Perhaps it was because they hadn't seen each other in a week. These days, he had been dreaming about Cheng Xia and about holding him. The moment Cheng Xia entered his arms, his calmness and integrity disappeared.

This loss of control feeling was a bit strange. Pei Shaoze covered his mouth with his hand, coughed uncomfortably, and changed the topic. "Eat these snacks first. It isn't good to keep them after opening it."

Cheng Xia nodded. The two of them sat at the table and ate the snacks that Cheng Xia had brought.

Pei Shaoze played another two episodes of Folding Paper for Cheng Xia and the time quickly reached 6 o'clock. Then their phones rang at the same time. It was a message that popped up in the crew's group chat. [@All members, everyone go downstairs for dinner tonight. It's Director Zhu's treat!]

The two people exchanged looks before Pei Shaoze got up. "I will go out first to see. If there are no problems then you can go back to your room."

An omega actor being discovered in his boss' room wasn't very good. Pei Shaoze went out to investigate first before waving to Cheng Xia in the room. Cheng Xia quickly went out and slipped back to his room. Then he pretended to casually go downstairs to eat.

***

The next morning, the entire crew came to the Ya'an Movies and Television Studio.

This was Cheng Xia's first time coming to the movies and television studio. He met several crews on the way, including those who were shooting costume dramas and gunfight movies. As the country's largest movies and television studio, countless excellent works were born here every year. Cheng Xia was extremely excited and followed Director Zhu to the shooting location.

The boss of Linhua Films and Pei Shaoze took to the stage to speak separately. The promotional posters were also marked with the words 'co-produced by Tianxuan Entertainment + Linhua Film'. It was only at this time that Cheng Xia learned President Pei later added another 10 million yuan in investment. If Cheng Xia hadn't been selected for the role of Xu Ziyang then President Pei wouldn't have invested money in an unfamiliar crew. The additional investment was obviously for him.

Immediately after the opening ceremony, the actors were called for an interview with reporters. The reporters in the audience surged and the microphones almost reached their faces. Cheng Xia was shocked. He hadn't expected so many reporters to come today. Director Zhu's name was indeed too famous. This time, the attention received by the crew of Disappearing Traces had far surpassed Folding Paper.

Reporters scrambled to push their microphones forward.

"Cheng Xia, how did you get the role of Xu Ziyang when you don't have any previous works?"

"Is it due to Tianxuan making an extra investment and forcing you into the crew?"

"Why do you want to play an alpha police officer when you're an omega. Is it for deliberate hype?"

"Do you have confidence in yourself? Can you play such a complicated role?"

This time, Pei Shaoze didn't make arrangements with the reporters in advance so the questions were quite sharp.

Cheng Xia was obviously a bit flustered when facing the siege of so many reporters for the first time. Then he soon calmed down, picked up the microphone, and replied earnestly, "Tianxuan did add more investment but it wasn't to help me grab the role and force me into the crew. Rather, it's after I got the role through the audition that the company made additional investments to ensure the shooting of the drama can be smoother."