Chapter 27

On the night of the 29th of the last month of the lunar year, Pei Shaoze returned to the Binjiang Villa. The property steward told him that there was a courier. He thought it was the down jacket sent by Cheng Xia and said, "Put it in the living room first."

The property service in the villa area was very attentive. They helped him move the delivery box into his home. He was just about to open it when his phone rang. The caller ID was Qin Yu.

He answered the phone and heard a playful voice in his ear, "Shaoze, I heard you have recently become a workaholic. Is this real? I haven't seen you at Lanyuan for so long. Do you really want to be a good boss?"

Lanyuan Club was the place that 'Pei Shaoze' used to go to. He and his friends would often drink there until midnight. After entering the book, Pei Shaoze changed his style and never went to Lanyuan Club again.

He wasn't surprised by this call. It was natural that his changes would attract the attention of these people. Since he had replaced Pei Shaoze's identity, he couldn't completely cut off contact with his past friends. In addition, Qin Yu's brother Qin Rong was the current president of Ronghua Movies and Television. He was in charge of more than half the movie theaters in the country. This would help Pei Shaoze enter the movie industry in the future.

Pei Shaoze put down the box cutter, took the phone and walked to the window. "Why are you looking for me?"

Qin Yu told him, "Before the new year, a few of us want to get together. This time, it is a dinner for my brother's group. These are all old friends we grew up with so can you give me some face? I will tell you in advance that Lin Qianshu and Lu Xuan will be there. If you don't want to see them and get hurt, I'll help you reject it..."

Pei Shaoze wondered, "Why should I get hurt?"

Qin Yu choked up and muttered in a low voice, "This... last time you said you wanted to let go of Qianshu but you have loved him for so many years. How can it be easy to let go?"

If he didn't say it, Pei Shaoze would've forgotten that there was Lin Qianshu in the original novel.

Pei Shaoze frowned unhappily. "Is it the Lanyuan Club? I'm going now."

***

After a while, Pei Shaoze appeared at the Lanyuan Club in a black coat.

The doorman knew him and hurriedly took him to a private room in the building. It was just that today's Pei Shaoze was completely different from the person who would smile every time he came to Lanyuan. Instead, he exuded a strangely... cold feeling all over his body? It was too cold to get close to.

Pei Shaoze opened the door and found four people sitting in the room who had the best relationship with him. They were Qin Rong, Qin Yu, the omega Lin Qianshu and his fiance and Pei Shaoze's cousin, Lu Xuan.

Qin Yu saw him appear and immediately greeted him with a smile, "Shaoze is here?"

Lin Qianshu also stood up and spoke in a gentle voice. "Shaoze, long time no see. What have you recently been busy with?"

Pei Shaoze answered, "Busy with work."

He bypassed Lin Qianshu and went to the corner, sitting next to Qin Rong who was also an alpha.

Qin Rong was the CEO of Ronghua Movies and Television and had a lot of weight in the circle. He didn't come into contact with the artists of the entertainment industry but the movie arrangements of Ronghua Movie Theaters all across the country depended on him. Compared with the ignorant Pei Shaoze, he had taken over the Qin family business at a young age. He was three years older than Pei Shaoze and looked very mature and stable.