Ch 49 - The Place Where You're Belong

The Next Day

The time of marathon will be held tomorrow but to prepare the plan to draws out Hayato's information, Hachiman needs allies which made him make a phone call to (Y/N) in the early morning as he's the must trusted ally he ever had...

Soon, the call is answered.

(Y/N): "*on phone* No..."

Hachiman: "*on phone* What the- I haven't told you anything!"

(Y/N): "*on phone* I already knew what you were thinking. You wanted to use marathon event to split Hayama up with the rest of student, right?"

Hachiman: "*on phone* As expected of you, then-"

(Y/N): "*on phone* The answer is still a big no..."

Hachiman: "*on phone* What the fuck!"

(Y/N): "*on phone* Firstly, I don't want waste energy. Secondly, you asked the wrong person to do this as Hayama is including in this matter. Thirdly, as I said before I don't want to get involved with him... let alone helping that bastard's problem"

Without hesitation, (Y/N) hung up on Hachiman's call.

Hachiman: "*angry* Did he just hung up on me!? That fucking bastard..."

Hachiman sighed in defeat as the most reliable ally he had just signed out by himself.

Small Timeskip

3rd Person P.O.V

Hachiman sighed heavily as sat in the bench during lunchtime break and beside him was none other than Totsuka who's been troubling as saw Hachiman's exhausted face.

Saika: "What's wrong, Hachiman? You've been sighing all the time..."

Hachiman: "*sighed* Nothing..."

She- I mean, he is not convinced by Hachiman's bland answer and so, Saika Totsuka took an initiative.

Saika: "If something troubling you... I can lend my ears"

Hachiman: "I see then... What do you think about your future plans?"

Saika: "My future plans? Hmm... about that, since I've played tennis for so long it would be great if I could do something tennis-related"

Hachiman: "Hmm... have you gotten any recommendations or something like that?"

Saika: "Ahaha... Only very few people get that. The schools I can get into are not the same level as Hayama-kun's..."

Hachiman: "Is that so? By the way it seems like the other club members are starting to practice at lunch"

Saika: "*happy* Yeah! It's because of the tournament everyone starting to practice twice harder! Oh, you could join us too, Hachiman!?"

Hachiman: "That'd depends on how many days I'd have to practice per week..."

Then, Totsuka's face is getting closer toward Hachiman which made his heart flustered beyond relief.

Saika: "Wa-was that a serious reply?"

Upon saw Totsuka's cute face Hachiman couldn't help but to be feels defeated.

Hachiman: "*sipping* N-no, it's a joke"

Saika: "Hahaha... Of course it is"

Of course, the voices inside Hachiman starts speaking up suddenly at this kind of moments.

In Hachiman's mind (Y/N) said "Hello my dear customer. I'm here to reminds you about your superb gayness toward Totsuka..."

Hachiman: "*minds* Shut up!"