~~Four~~

D'Angelo

My body froze like a marble statue the moment I laid eyes on my mate soaked in her blood. Her face was swollen from her lashes, her lower lip was cut, and there was a large bloody gash on her forehead. I stared at the red pool around her and a sudden cold sweat broke out across my face.

The sadist grinned maliciously while giving me a cursory bow and turned his attention towards me.

"Top of the morning to you, Alpha. It's an honor that you stopped by-"

Without warning, I quickly grabbed him by his collar and slammed him repeatedly onto the wall, while letting out a violent and uncontrolled roar. I beat the guard senseless. My wolf's rage had taken over.

The guard's blood splashed all over the walls and the floor. My beast was crazily excited and his bloodlust was uncontrollable, driving him crazy.

"Alpha, stop!" The other guard whose eyes tore open in shock pleaded with me but didn't dare move. He knew my animalistic nature was far more dangerous than any gun.

But I listened to him and as soon as I got control of myself, I rushed to kneel and gazed at her unconscious form with concern.

"How could you let him do this to her," my hoarse voice growled through clenched jaws. "She's a weak omega. Did he want to kill her?"

The senior guard whimpered on the floor while his companion looked up with horror in his eyes. "It won't happen again, Alpha. I promise."

His words were meaningless. Like a flash, I lifted the girl and rushed to my car. The engine roared to life and sped toward the hospital. I drove madly, avoiding traffic lights.

A painful thought kept repeating in my head: What did I do to deserve this humiliation from the moon goddess? What gave her the idea to intentionally ruin my life?

The girl was covered in blood, but was a slim, delicate beauty, with almost transparent crystal-blue eyes and curvy enough to get even an impotent man to come in a rush of fertile cream.

The moon goddess must be insane to have paired up a filthy omega with an Alpha and assistant tribe leader of more than two hundred werewolf packs.

With a pounding heart, I shook my head, trying to ignore the nagging voice of my wolf. I've never heard of Alphas marking Omegas before. It was almost too painful to consider the consequences of such an act.

Still, I couldn't deny that there was something about the girl that unlocked my heart and soul in a way that I never thought possible.

"Is she alright?" I asked the doctor while examining her face.

"Her pulse seems normal. A few minor scratches but no internal bleeding. She'll be fine, Alpha."

I paced around the hallway and stopped at the sight of the guard. This didn't look good as I had my reputation to uphold. If I didn't leave, gossip would spread throughout the pack about how the alpha was simping for an omega.

"Send for her mother and make sure that when the girl wakes up, she gets discharged and is sent back to the omega camp."

The guard bowed and I walked away. Hours later, I joined my pack mates for the continuation of the coronation party which was the successful transfer of the Alpha title to me.

The entire pack came together, dressed in their finest attire to celebrate and eat to their hearts' content. As soon as I arrived, a wave of people flooded my arms and kissed me in greeting.

I smiled at all the friendly faces, wishing I could disappear. Nothing made sense to me. There wasn't any shortage of food as everyone stuffed themselves until they resembled porcupines.