THIRTY-THREE

D'Angelo

"What's going on here?" I roared, shooting Kira a nasty frown.

But my anger was fake outrage to keep her safe from Alexis whose fingerprints I could see clearly on Kira's cheek. I didn't need anyone to tell me that she had been beaten up.

Alexis was bleeding, and I was concerned for both her and my child. She broke into crocodile tears when I lifted her.

"I warned you that I would be very stressed out by this Omega girl. She is so worthless and stupid. Look at me now-"

"Alexis, we have to take you to the hospital, dammit. It is not normal for you to be bleeding when pregnant.

I was worried about whether she had miscarried, and my heart raced. I was mentally ready to be a dad, so I didn't want to lose my child, whether I was with the wrong partner or not.

Kira looked very shaken. Fear flashed through her eyes like a deer caught in headlights.

With a voice full of sharp disgust, Alexis pointed at her. "Just pray to the moon goddess that nothing happens to my baby, else I'll kill you."

"Come on, let's go," I snapped at Alexis, picking up my car keys and quickly making my way to the car, leaving Kira standing there.

I mentally chastised myself for causing all of this.All of this wouldn't have occurred if Kira had been stationed somewhere else.

"Stop crying, you'll be fine," I said to Alexis, opening the passenger seat for her.

We were lucky that nobody came running to us with questions, especially not Leo's nosy wife Isabel, who I thought must have seen Kira and told Alexis something.

While Alexis's sobs had subsided into whimpers, I drove hurriedly to the pack clinic.

"You're only doing this because of the baby. You are not even concerned about me."

I gritted my teeth. Alexis was a spoilt brat who was accustomed to being pampered by everyone and had an entitled attitude.

"Do you just want to have tantrums, or are you delusional?" I snapped. "Why would you say such a thing? Baby or no baby, I still care about you. You're bleeding."

"That's a fucking lie," she sniffed. You are going to dump me and forget about me once the baby comes. I'm just the vessel for your child and nothing more. How about when you find your mate, I'll become nothing more than a baby mama?"

She then turned to look at me sharply. "Let me be clear: I am not an accessory. If I were not pregnant, I am sure you would not want me around. But, I'm the mother of your baby."

I muttered, focusing on the road, "Let us hope the baby is alive." "If you're going to argue that I don't care about the baby, that's your business."

I nearly braked when she let out a choking cry and tore herself away.

The rate at which Alexis produced crocodile tears needed to be investigated because she loved to abuse affection. She was dramatic and whined away.

She snapped, "Even Zina, a married woman, gets affection from you." "You treat me like trash, you do not even look at me twice, and you expect me to be healthy and carry your baby."

I ignored the dullness in my chest and used my free hand to scrub a hand over my face. Kira's assignment to my house was a dumb move on my part.

Once at the clinic, I parked and headed to the emergency room with Alexis. We were led by a nurse to a private room where Alexis was reassured by the doctors that everything was well and that they would be doing some tests.