Eighty-Three

Without any idea what D' Angelo was up to, he announced that I needed to accompany him somewhere later and that I needed to get my hair done.

My mom and Amari accompanied me to get my hair and nails done while the bodyguards kept an eye on us. Before we could enter the salon, the bodyguards had to force every client and over sixty percent of the staff to leave. The place was heavily guarded with no entrance or exit.

"This is insane," Amari whispered to me as we walked in. "D'Angelo is incredibly protective of you."

The salon was silent, and I could see the bodyguards through the mirror. My heart pounded in my chest, wondering what D'Angelo was up to.

My mother stood by my side as the stylist washed, trimmed, and styled my hair into a perfect chignon. The stylist's movements were too quick, and it was difficult for her to remain calm throughout the process.

After that, I had my nails done in French tips and chose a nude color. A dress awaited me at home, and D'Angelo had already changed into a charcoal gray blazer, a light-colored dress shirt, jeans, and black loafers.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, inquisitive to know what he was up to. “Give me a clue.”

"It's an event," he said simply. "Get dressed, and let's go."

I became completely still, with my mouth open. "What event? We aren't supposed to be seen together in public, D’Angelo.”

"Stop being paranoid. Everyone knows you're my mate, so what is the point in hiding?"

My thoughts were blank, and I struggled to concentrate while getting dressed. The dress was fitted and came just above my knee. It was peach in color, and it was accompanied by a pair of strappy heels that matched the statement handbag.

D'Angelo assisted me with my zipper and kissed my back before letting go. "I hope you know what you're doing," I cautioned him.

The car ride was brief, and when we arrived at the event location, I took a moment to exit the vehicle.

It was an outdoor venue near a beach, and it was tastefully decorated with a red carpet leading up to the entrance. This was the first time he had proudly taken me out to an event. We hadn't even had a proper date since we started seeing each other.

Several people bowed respectfully to him, and I was bothered by their lingering gazes when he wasn't looking. He gave me a cocksure smile and even kissed me in public.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, giving him a warning glare.

The space was open and had plenty of comfortable seating areas. Then I realized that because other couples were making their way, it had to be a couples' event. I was the only omega in their midst.

There was a lot of networking and socializing, and a DJ played music in the background to set the atmosphere. We took our seats, and I could see several bodyguards in my peripheral vision.

"Here you go," D' Angelo said, pouring me a glass of wine. Some couples were already dancing, but I was too uncomfortable because I didn't belong there. There was no one else to talk to except D'Angelo, who thankfully never left my side.

I removed my heels and enjoyed the soft grass underfoot and the cool breeze brushing against my skin from the beach as I listened to the organizer speak.

"Love is a powerful force that unites two souls, and we have gathered here to strengthen the beautiful mating bond that the moon goddess has bestowed upon us. And I want you to turn to your partner, cherish this wonderful journey, and embrace the magic that comes with being together.”