~~Nine~~

D'Angelo

Alexis threw a fit, screaming at the top of her lungs, clutching her stomach like they were doing an exorcism on her.

"What is the matter with you?" I yelled, uneasy because I had a foolish weakness for seeing women cry—whether they were real or not.

Trying to guilt-trip me, she gave me a watery-eyed glare, "You are wrong with me. You should be more affectionate and romantic with me. Stop treating me like a piece of shit and instead show me that you care. Remember, my dad is wealthy, so I'm not some gold digger who needs your fucking money!”

I lifted a hand in a mocking gesture of defeat, "Fine, I get it. "Now, please stop making such a fuss."

"No," she sulked. "You have to swear to me that from now on, you will treat me more romantically."

"Alexis, you are making an impossibly difficult request. I am trying my hardest.”

She started crying so loudly that I couldn't stop myself laughing.

Leo's wife, Isabel, and Grey's wife, Zina, barged in. Zina was vehemently against Alexis, but Isabel, the biggest gossip I have ever encountered in my twenty-four years of life, was on Alexis's side.

Isabel wasn't trustworthy but I did not have any problems with her either because, despite her loud mouth, she was very supportive of her husband.

"What's going on?" Zina asked as she walked over to me and cast a scornful glance at Alexis, while Isabel approached Alexis and gave her a comforting hug.

"Not much, just Alexis being Alexis," I said with a shrug.

"Alpha, with all due respect, I don't like the way you treat Alexis," Isabel uttered.

"Tell him," Alexis sobbed, "he doesn't care about me. He acted as though it were an abomination simply because I asked to move into his bedroom. He isn't even interested in me getting close to him."

“That's because you are not his mate,” Zina snorted. “You're nothing more than his baby mama. He's doing more than you deserve, so be thankful that he's letting you stay here at all."

Alexis gave Zina a savage glare. “What the heck do you know? Do you realize how difficult it can be to feel alone while pregnant? You've been trying to conceive for four years. Maybe try getting pregnant before you yell at me."

I winced at the look of pure hurt in Zina's eyes. Zina's greatest wish was to become a mother. But every action proved to be ineffective, and Alexis was too self-centered to care.

"Oops, that was a low blow," Isabel said, pretending to feel hurt. “But all's fair in love and war.”

Women and all of their complications.

"There's some truth to what Alexis said. Being pregnant is difficult, Alpha; you won't understand. A pregnant woman needs her partner to hold her hands, massage her feet, and check on her."

"You and your friend can make fun of me as much as you want," Zina said with a scowl. "Just because I haven't gotten pregnant doesn't mean I don't know things. Alexis behaves like a brat and demands complete devotion from everyone."

Zina was so brave and outspoken. She deserved her favorite treat—a box of chocolates.

"Zina! How can you be so mean to a pregnant woman?" Isabel screamed and gave her a resentful glare. "You're so cold. What happened to women supporting women?"

Zina rolled her eyes, and I had to cough into my palm to contain my laughter this time.

With a sneer at Zina, Alexis boasted, "Her barren ass is so jealous because she is not the one carrying the Alpha's heir."