THIRTY-ONE

Kira

The horrifying and disgusting sight made my mouth drop open. I cried out, turned away, and swallowed hard.

A wave of disappointment swept through my body. I never would have thought that Amari would go behind my back and do this to me.

Fair enough, Zion and I recently broke up, but how could my best friend take advantage of this and just instantly suck my ex's dick?

It didn't make any sense. More than anything, it hurt to keep this from me. We had no business keeping secrets from each other because we were the best of friends.

"What's going on, Amari?" My voice trembled. "Please explain what this means in plain and simple terms."

Amari's mouth tightened into a taut, flat line, and Zion squirmed with embarrassment. My mind was racing, making it difficult for me to concentrate. Have they been seeing each other for long, even when Zion and I were an item?

"It's not what you think," Amari said, talking too fast. I was very familiar with my friend; if she spoke too quickly, she was guilty.

"What's that supposed to mean?" My voice cracked. "Amari, you are my best friend, and this is the last thing I expected from you. I know what I saw, and I am not blind."

She suddenly became defensive. "And what if I am seeing him, Kira? Did you not end things with him?"

I was so shocked by that low blow that my mouth fell open. "What!”

"Yup. You need to quit being such a whiny bitch." Wiping her mouth, she got up. Her coldness and lack of concern surprised me. Also, Zion yawned and pulled away from the discussion.

My mind was racing with memories of telling Amari about my bond with the alpha. She did not seem encouraging that day, which is why I was so perplexed. If she had wanted Zion to herself, she would have insisted that I see the alpha.

"Amari, Zion is my ex. We recently got separated. Do you realize how this hurt me? Have you had ulterior motives all this while? Did he force you to do this?"

"What I feel is quite the opposite. I enjoyed it, and if you hadn't interrupted, he was just about to com—"

"What?" I recoiled. Have you gone mad? What did you say to her, Zion? What is going on?"

The very thought made me sick! It was as though Amari had changed completely. She behaved as though she were someone else, someone whose attitude was completely unrecognizable.

When it came to talking about sex, Amari used to be quiet and reserved, but she had betrayed me by becoming sly and cold.

She rolled her eyes and kept up her nasty conversation, while Zion carried on with his inflated casualness.

"Oh, so you are suddenly worried about his feelings now?" She said sarcastically and burst into a pretentious laugh. "Shouldn't you be happy that he's off your back, and you can now sneak around to fuck around with your alpha mate?"

I recoiled, needing to spit, as I felt something burning in my throat. Amari saying anything so hurtful to me was beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

"Amari, the alpha, and I have a bond, but are we together? No. He can not ruin his reputation or leave his girlfriend for me. But what about you and Zion? Why would you hide this from me? I believe that you valued our friendship more. Are you going to pick a boy over me?

"Reality check. You really ought to get off your high horse," she said without hesitation, and Zion grew furious, ready to quarrel, and completely disrespectful.

"Stay away from this!" I yelled at him. "I don't care whose mouth you shove your dick into, but Amari is my best friend. You're letting her turn her back against me? Is this your way of spiting me?"

Next, I turned to face Amari. "What kept you from telling me that you liked Zion?"

Zion snorted loudly, silencing Amari. "Are not you doing the same thing with your spoilt rich alpha? You think I don't know how you crave to get freaky under the sheets with him. Do not act like you are innocent, you fucking hypocrite; you are concealing your relationship with the alpha from the outside world."

Amari backed Zion by saying, "I was the last person she told about the alpha. Friends do not lie to each other or keep secrets."

Feeling wounded, I trembled and felt a painful tightness in my throat. Spots flickered across my vision, and I gripped the door frame tightly.

"Congratulations, Zion. You have managed to sabotage our friendship. I hope you're happy now. I will never want anything to do with you, though, so please accept my sincere disclaimer. I do not even slightly like you. As for you, Amari, I expected better. Have a nice life with as many pups as possible."

As expected, they grew defensive, needing to be morally correct, and Amari called me greedy. Her jealousy was clear as day to me. Zion said I was entitled, and I shook my head, knowing that this satisfaction and victory of his would be short-lived.

Walking away as if there were hot potatoes under my feet, I headed to my room and with slouched shoulders leaned against the wall.

I had a lot on my mind because today was packed with surprises. Even though I knew deep down that I could not give a damn about Zion and Amari's fucking, there was a part of me that hurt because Amari is my best friend and her response hurt me.

Our friendship was ending over Zion of all people, which was absurd.

Shame.

My mind was racing with so many ideas that I kept asking myself endless introspective questions, such as: Are friendships really worthwhile? With friends like Amari, who needs enemies?

I remembered the kiss with the Alpha as well. It would not surprise me in the slightest if that woman had been hiding there before our kiss. I was still very bothered about her.

I opened the curtain to my left, feeling depressed and angry about everything, and I saw something I had never seen before. Right, there was a balcony with a glass door leading to it.

I opened the door out of curiosity, went outside onto the balcony, and gazed at the incredible clouds. A tiny door that led to a set of stairs caught my attention as well.

Strange.

Upon peeking, I saw that the steps led to a sort of hideout or underground space that was directly connected to the alpha's mansion.

My jaw dropped open in disbelief. Was this the reason D'Angelo offered us this space? He likely constructed the underground and intended to utilize the structure for his benefit.

There were numerous cobwebs, a long bench, a fan, and a portable toilet in the underground room. I sat on the hard bench, my heart skipping with wicked excitement as I temporarily forgot my problems.

I had a lot of crazy ideas and visualized using this location as a hideout with the Alpha.

A weird sensation began to tickle inside of me. Even though I did not particularly enjoy using my fingers down there, I wondered what I was doing when my fingers slipped inside my underwear.

But to forget my friend who had betrayed me, I needed to let go of this pent-up sexual energy and maybe release some dopamine.

I spread my lips open and touched my clit while thinking of the alpha running his tongue on me like it was the sweetest drug imaginable.

My mind raced back to that passionate kiss. The feeling of his hot tongue licking every inch of my wet entrance and his cock between my thighs came to mind.

His touch and the sound of our groans were all consuming my consciousness as I began picturing our naked bodies entangled, thrusting wildly into each other, the intense pleasure I would feel would be almost unbearable.

I was too tight to pass beyond my clit. My index and middle fingers stroked faster, causing shivers down my spine as I felt its engorgement. With a soft cry, I gave in to bliss as I felt a surge of heat rise in my stomach.