THIRTY-EIGHT

Kira

Rubbing the back of my neck, I felt lethargy hitting me, and a yawn escaped my lips. I was almost done arranging Alexis's wardrobe but my eyes itched, and my body felt as heavy as a brick.

The lady had so many outfits, from casual to formal, from colorful to monochrome, simple to extravagant—you name it. This was my third day, and because I was trying to avoid trouble, I needed everything to be perfect.

But I was tired of opening and closing compartments and just wanted it to be over and done with.

I was folding a silk blouse while admiring its softness and smiling softly to myself fighting the urge to try it on, but I chastised myself. We may be sharing the same dick, but I was nowhere near Alexis in terms of money, prestige, and popularity.

When I heard her footsteps exiting the main bedroom, I held my breath, wishing that she would at least step out for a few minutes so that I could get some rest.

I'd choose Zina's vet clinic a thousand times over this place because Alexis treated me like a maid and was extremely demanding and strict, never praising me for anything.

When she left, laughing on the phone, I sighed in relief and stopped arranging the wardrobe, deciding to stretch my legs and body on the cool marble floor after standing for about four hours.

But then I heard the door open, and someone walked in. I panicked, thinking it was Alexis. I quickly got up and pretended to be working, hoping she wouldn't bring in more demands.

To my surprise, it wasn't Alexis but D'Angelo. He wore a mischievous smile, looking dashing as ever, making my heart skip a beat.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a hushed voice, afraid that Alexis could barge in at any minute.

"Someone is not happy to see me?"

"Of course, I am, but aren't you afraid of getting caught? Do you want to ruin my life?”

He laughed, finding it amusing, and wrapped his arms around me. When he sniffed my neck, he inhaled my scent again and kissed me passionately. “You smell amazing. Like spring flowers.”

I stopped the kiss and tried to move, pushing him gently, "I'm serious. Shouldn't you be attending to your alpha duties?"

"I live here, remember," he lifted my chin, a relaxed smile crossing his face. "I own the building; I own the pack, and I can do as I please, I was missing you and decided to come check on you.”

My breath hitched at his sweet words. This man would be the death of me.  "Well, I guess you found me, but, I'm so busy right now plus Alexis could walk in any minute."

"Don't worry about her,” he lowered his tone to sound purposefully mysterious and ravished me with his mouth.

I pulled away despite how hard it was.

“D’Angelo, please-”

“Alexis is busy with her friends. And so what if she catches us?"

I laughed to cover my annoyance, "That's easy for you to say, but she's pregnant and shouldn't undergo any form of stress. I would like to remain just her employee and nothing more. I can't afford any scandal."

"Relax,” he cupped my butt, squeezing gently before letting go, "You're so uptight. She drove off before I came in. Stop acting like you're not happy to see me.”

I bit my lip, trying hard to suppress a blush."You're so damn persuasive “

“I sure am “

His tongue slid into my mouth working its magic on me. Our mouths mated, teeth and tongues savage with desire. I melted into his arms, loving the sensation of having his warm hands all over me.