THIRTY-FIVE

Kira

I woke up to the sound of loud bells that pierced through the peaceful silence of the room. With a loud groan, I rubbed my eyes, letting go of the drowsy fog in my head and relishing the comforting feel of the soft bed beneath my body.

The joy of a good night's rest was short-lived when I figured that the bells signaled the start of the pack run that my mom had told me about the night before.

"Do I have to go? You know I hate running."

"It's compulsory, sweetie. You of all people should know that.”

I collapsed on the bed, knowing I'd have to face the higher ranked werewolves during the run, and the thought alone caused an ache in the back of my throat.

Excitement was in the air as the other pack members hurried to prepare for the run. There was a pounding of feet on the floor and slamming of doors as their voices and chatter filled the house.

Why in the world did they think that a pack run would be so exciting? I collapsed onto my pillow and lay like a log on the bed.

"Kira, hurry up! Don't be a couch potato. Get up and get ready," my mom called out from the bathroom where she was brushing her teeth and splashing water on her face.

“They hate us, Mom. Why's everyone so excited like it's some award-winning ceremony?"

"You worry too much, honey. Alpha D’Angelo assured us yesterday that there would be no bullying or discrimination during the run," she said, loud enough for me to hear, and walked out drying her face with a towel.

"Yeah right," I sulked, thinking of an excuse to stay back.

The pack members' opinions of omegas remained unaltered, even with the alpha's guarantee.

I put on my sweater, a pink tank top, and a pair of striped joggers with reluctance as I got ready.

With my stomach in knots, I rushed outside to join the others for the run.

Amari and Zion stayed away from me.

Welp…

Farewell, good bye.

Elder Logan chased us out with a stick. We started running and kept up with the group. I dashed to the clearing, dodging Elder Logan's whip on my ass.

Hendrix, one of the boys, was complaining, and I heard him say, "Those bastards just want to make fun of us the entire time."

At first, it was kind of fun, running together like this. The pleasant weather and soft wind whipped through my hair, causing an exhilarating thrill around my body. My feet pounded against the ground making my wolf feel light and free.

But the moment we stepped into the clearing, I felt the hate in the air like a thick, suffocating fog.

The beta, gamma, and delta werewolves glared at us with open disgust, their noses turned up in the air like we were cow dung.

I felt so uncomfortable, as though I was standing on the edge of a cliff, ready to fall off at any moment.

They had everything going well for them. They appeared well-fed, with the male's muscles protruding through their skin.

We stood there, watching and waiting for instructions. A dozen tall, muscular warriors called out for omegas to come forward for training.

"Alright, slimy omegas! Time to show us what you've got," one of the warriors called out, blowing a sharp whistle. "You and you," he pointed to Zion and another male with a smug smile on his face. "Show us your best-shifting transformation!"

The Alpha's Omega Mistressजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें